Wabbit
Admin
tonnie_rocca
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 Empty
PostSubject: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:49 am

The latest message from Lchris on their blog (link):

FYI : Message From The Board
date Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:09 PM
subject Message from The Board.

To Chris,aka.LChris.
Dear Chris.
On behalf of The Board,I want to thank you,along with Dyebat, for all that you have done during and after the auction to help this forum to become owned by the members.We greatly appreciate the work that you did.
In recent posts you have indicated that once the forum upgrade was completed,that you would like to return to your normal life,which is understandable.
In the most recent Board meeting,we unanimously decided that your Super Admin privileges should be removed and all of your previous responsibilities will revert to the Tech Staff.
Once again,I wish to thank you,on behalf of The Board,for your invaluable skills,time and dedication,which has helped to make our website the biggest and best Susan Boyle fansite in The World.
Your's Sincerely.
John V.
Vice Chair,SBFII.

note: Guess this means that they still refuse to retract the lies in the Board Report of the July Incident.

I also wonder if John V. has a reasonable explanation for downloading 2 Gigs of data from the server in July 2010?
Posted by lchris at Monday, December 06, 2010

---
I just started a thank-you thread for Lchris... hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:52 am

And the latest message from Dyebat:

Don’t Push the River; It Flows by Itself

Today was lovely—brilliant sun on yesterday’s snowfall, still fresh and untrodden. Knitting a sweater for Afghans for Afghans, while drinking eggnog and listening to Christmas carols—my son-in-law is from Hawaii and we traded Yuletide cd’s this year. He got Susan and I got slack-key guitar. Such positive feelings that I did not want to come back and deal with the negative past. It won’t go away, but you can leave it a little wiser.

I’ll be wandering all over the map here, but there are a number of themes that keep popping up like detours on the road. Undue influence. Branding. Crowd control. Spin. From the first meeting with some of the staff of the susan-boyle forum regarding the purchase of the site, these were evident. “DJG’ers” were branded as evil. Members were an unruly mob that could not be trusted to vote for board members. “I don’t want that sword hanging over my head”, said one admin. Only the existing staff, and later, maybe a few hand-picked followers, were capable of running the site. (In point of fact, for at least a month after the site was purchased, the only person capable of keeping the site running was lchris. The previous owner had not trained even the admins in the technical aspects. lchris trained them.) And the admin on the official Sony site should be an admin on the forum, to make sure the corporate message was adhered to.

Lchris and I were a bit out of place in that milieu. We came in with the naive idealism that the site could be run by fans for fans as a democratic, non-profit enterprise. We were met with one admin’s idea of a private corporation with shares owned by the staff, and total control invested in them. This was, and still is, the basis for the “power struggle” within that site—those who wanted a site run by and for fans, with all the mess that might entail, & those who wanted tight control over that site, in accordance with the interests of Sony & Susan’s management. In return for adherence to those standards, the staff would have limited direct access to Susan, to be doled out to members.

Under normal circumstances this might have been workable, if occasionally uncomfortable for those most interested in free speech. However, this shaky collaboration between these 2 opposing points of view came under attack by our vicious cyber-stalker/cyber-bully whom I call the dementor. He is an expert at locating the weak points of his victims, and striking there. He apparently convinced the staff that lchris and I did not represent the members as a whole, but were only interested in power for ourselves, which we planned to wrest from the existing staff. Since it seems that at least some of the existing staff were so invested in retaining power & control for themselves, it was easy to convince them that we (and the “DJG’ers”) wanted the same thing. Therefore we needed to be stopped at all costs, and the uproar on July 18 ensued.

Back to the title. The music industry has been accused of “manufacturing” so-called talent, and of manipulating the buying public into supporting these instant stars. The outrage among musicians not in the corporate limelight reached a peak last year with the movement to make Rage Against the Machine the #1 Christmas single in the UK rather than the usual winner from the X-Factor. Joe McElderry (sp?) a nice young man with a pleasant voice, didn’t get #1, and I guess they proved a point, but so what? The corporate music factory keeps on running.

My point is that Susan doesn’t need branding, undue influence, crowd control (well, maybe when fans get too demanding in asking for hugs) or spin, to be wildly successful. She is a force of nature, like a river. What you see is what you get. She isn’t manufactured and neither is her fans’ love for her. Trying to make a website into a mouthpiece for corporate control isn’t necessary. We might comment on or even criticize her musical choices, her hair style, her clothes, her weight, or even her preferences in men, but it’s like doing the same to one of our beloved family members. We want her to be the best singer and the happiest person that she can be, and we don’t need any P.R. person telling us how to behave. We’re responsible for her success, not any marketing scheme. And when someone attacks our members, as the dementor has, the corporate entities either need to cooperate or get out of our way while we protect one another.

Susan and her fans are unique. We are changing the music industry organically, spontaneously. The industry powers and pundits have a choice: go with the flow or be left high and dry. And that includes websites.

Posted by dyebat at Monday, December 06, 2010
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 pm

I just want to make it clear that there was never any attempt to buy or take over any other site by myself or any other members of this forum. There were jokes made about it, but it would seem that those who come here to spy (yes, the other forum sends spies) have no sense of humour (like most members of the other forum) and can't understand when people are joking. Frankly, I wouldn't want that toxic pile of festering poop as a gift. It sure as hell ain't worth $8000.
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Admin wrote:
Frankly, I wouldn't want that toxic pile of festering poop as a gift. It sure as hell ain't worth $8000.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

DJG's gift for understatement is just one of the many reasons people are drawn to the SusaHumor web site!

P.S. - Why in hell's name would we want to pay $8000 for THAT forum when we have one of our own for no cost?
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:29 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
Admin wrote:
Frankly, I wouldn't want that toxic pile of festering poop as a gift. It sure as hell ain't worth $8000.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

DJG's gift for understatement is just one of the many reasons people are drawn to the SusaHumor web site!

P.S. - Why in hell's name would we want to pay $8000 for THAT forum when we have one of our own for no cost?

I wouldn't buy it or anyone else I know here wouldn't either. I love the humor here. Smile

clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

Marianne
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:39 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
Admin wrote:

LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484 LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 522484

LOL!! NICE!! How the heck did I miss this???? confused drunken Sleep
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Oh, Dogs,-------I so appreciate your comments, Boss! I really needed that belly laugh after the events of yesterday-------and the wresting of all power from CL and lchris at ew. I didn't think anything could make me laugh again after reading all of the details of that situation. But you just did. "Toxic pile of festering poop," indeed!! Tell it like it IS!!!
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:10 pm

A man good with words, the Boss is...... Very Happy

Back on track: those blog entries are most informative, most important reading. Links below in my signature.......

Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 pm

Boss-I thought you would say "festering crapoola!" ROFL lol! ROFL lol! ROFL lol!
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 am

I hope with all my heart that Dyebat and Lchris will start a new Susan Boyle forum, democracy for adults...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 am

tonnie_rocca wrote:

I hope with all my heart that Dyebat and Lchris will start a new Susan Boyle forum, democracy for adults...

Or folks could join SusaHumor! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 am

Admin wrote:
tonnie_rocca wrote:

Or folks could join SusaHumor! Very Happy
Yes, the wonderful free democratic style of this forum is OK for me... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Imagine all the people living life in peace....

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010   LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

LChris & Dyebat's posts on their blog, 6 December 2010
Page 1 of 1