HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!

Go down 
+5
tonnie_rocca
Doggie
janakimack
Wabbit
Clix Pix
9 posters
AuthorMessage

WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! Empty
PostSubject: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 am

A famous Croonie:

Toodle-pip! wings
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 am

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:56 am

Well this one swings more then croons. Smile

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Marianne
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:15 am

Floooooooooooooooooor
Back to top Go down
Doggie

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:45 am

BohemianSpirit wrote:
A famous Croonie:

Toodle-pip! wings

Poor Bing, getting blamed for saying "Toodle-pip". Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

By the way, what does toodle-pip mean? Is it something vulgar that Sky made up? LOLflag cheering
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:53 am

Think of me, poor foreigner... laughcry laughcry

Not that after my googling I understand much more of it. confused confused confused confused

From the Urban Dictionary

1. toodle pip

to toodle pip a dear friend, means to say goodbye in a very friendly way.

toodle pip me ol' deeer!!

2. Toodle Pip

A British colloquialism used when saying goodbye that is preferable to "ta ta" or other more Americanized forms of farewell.

Mimsy said, "Toodle Pip," to her dead grandmother as Mimsy exited the drawing room wearing a large smile and her grandmother's pearls.
ta ta see ya goodbye toodles toodle-loo toodle-oo

3. toodle pip

you have a very cute toodle pip there, as in a baby.

are is that your newborn toodle pip?

From Wiktionary:

toodle pip

1. (humorous UK) goodbye

Right, I'm off. Toodle pip!

Toodle pip is typically used jocularly, in imitation of upper-class speakers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Doggie

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for UK English 101, Tonnie. Much appreciated. I had all I could do to pass American English!!

I'm just glad to know it wasn't a title to one of Dyebat's XXX rated stories.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
toplass

toplass

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:28 am

Toodle pip doesn't get mentioned in this old WW1 song but other Britishisms (is that a word?) for good bye do.

Good-bye-ee

Brother Bertie went away
To do his bit the other day
With a smile on his lips
and his Lieutenant's pips
upon his shoulder bright and gay
As the train moved out he said,
'Remember me to all the birds.'
Then he wagged his paw
and went away to war
Shouting out these pathetic words:

Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee,
Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee,
Tho' it's hard to part I know,
I'll be tickled to death to go.
Don't cry-ee, dont sigh-ee,
there's a silver lining in the sky-ee,
Bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin,
Nah-poo, toodle-oo, Goodbye-ee.

At the hospital at Kew,
The convalescents, dressed in blue,
Had to hear Lady Lee, who had turned 83,
Sing all the old, old songs she knew.
Then she made a speech and said,
"I look on you boys with pride,
And to thank you all I'm going to kiss each one",
Then they all grabbed a stick and cried,

Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee,
Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee,
Tho' it's hard to part I know,
I'll be tickled to death to go.
Don't cry-ee, dont sigh-ee,
there's a silver lining in the sky-ee,
Bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin,
Nah-poo, toodle-oo, Goodbye-ee.

It was a song my nanna (grandmother) sang when she was a child during the first war and she taught it to me. We used to have great fun singing it together.

You can listen to it HERE

Nah poo is a corruption of il n’y en a plus - there's no more, finished.
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
A famous Croonie:

Toodle-pip! wings

Oh, Bing again. He keeps popping up on this Forum. He was my original Susan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

sucanfun wrote:

Bing's one of my favorite Croonies. Cool I suppose I could have picked Frank, Dean, or any number of others, but Bing was the Daddy of Croonieism.

By the way, the subject line of this thread refers to us, not to Bing, who is simply a famous Croonie. LOLflag WE are the "Croonies" who say "Toodle-pip." BEWARE! BE VERY AFRAID!! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Toplass wrote:
Toodle pip doesn't get mentioned in this old WW1 song but other Britishisms (is that a word?) for good bye do.

Coincidentally, I just recently watched "Goodbyeee," the last episode of the last full season of Black Adder, which was set in the trenches of WWI. The episode, of course, was named after the song. The whole season is an excellent satirical commentary on the futility of war, especially that war, which was managed more incompetently than just about anything else in the history of humankind.

My understanding of "toodle-pip" is that it is a humorous take on upper-class cliches, a blend of "toodle-oo" and "pip, pip!" And I don't thing Bing ever said it, but we do, oh, yes, we do... affraid
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:10 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
sucanfun wrote:

Bing's one of my favorite Croonies. Cool I suppose I could have picked Frank, Dean, or any number of others, but Bing was the Daddy of Croonieism.

By the way, the subject line of this thread refers to us, not to Bing, who is simply a famous Croonie. LOLflag WE are the "Croonies" who say "Toodle-pip." BEWARE! BE VERY AFRAID!! affraid

AFRAID ????? What ya' got cookin' today ??? Smile

WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! Occ-ha10

dancesanta dancesanta dancesanta

I can't believe this man is soooo excited. ????? LOLflag

Marianne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:57 pm

mdillow31 wrote:

Nothing. It's the one who called us "croonies" who seems to be afraid of us! Ask him! Laughing

I'm just having fun with the typo--and the paranoia--and running with it for the goal line. Wink

("Goal? Goal?! What is this Goal of which the Evil DJGer Croonie speaks?" asks the Commandant of the Informant. Suspect )

Toodle-pip!
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Now I'm laughing even harder. I was thinking this "Croonie" business was an Americanism - I didn't get that it was the yellow bird's typo - I thought it was funny before but now... floooooooor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 pm

janakimack wrote:
Now I'm laughing even harder. I was thinking this "Croonie" business was an Americanism - I didn't get that it was the yellow bird's typo - I thought it was funny before but now... floooooooor

Yep. I think he meant "cronie." Normally I don't make fun of typos and misspellings, but in this case, I made an exception. Wink

Toodle-pip! Cheerio! What ho!
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
janakimack wrote:

Yep. I think he meant "cronie." Normally I don't make fun of typos and misspellings, but in this case, I made an exception. Wink

EW's behaviour and policies makes me make many, many exceptions!!! Toodle...
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
mdillow31 wrote:

Nothing. It's the one who called us "croonies" who seems to be afraid of us! Ask him! Laughing

I'm just having fun with the typo--and the paranoia--and running with it for the goal line. Wink

("Goal? Goal?! What is this Goal of which the Evil DJGer Croonie speaks?" asks the Commandant of the Informant. Suspect )

Toodle-pip!

I would rather ask Bing Crosby thank you very much. Smile

Goal... football or hockey ?? Pads or sticks. ??

LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag

Marianne
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:57 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
janakimack wrote:

You are turning into a real Brit, what with the What ho! and all.

ta ta for now!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:58 pm

sucanfun wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
janakimack wrote:

ta ta for now!

She's turning into a Hollywood stereotype of the British! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Admin wrote:
sucanfun wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
janakimack wrote:

ta ta for now!

No, she hasn't said, "Jolly hockey sticks" yet!!!
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Admin wrote:
sucanfun wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
janakimack wrote:

ta ta for now!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Admin wrote:
sucanfun wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
janakimack wrote:

ta ta for now!

No, I just know how to sling around a few cliches for good effect. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 pm

sucanfun wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry

"Oh, raaahhhther" -- another great Britishism! laughfloor

That reminds me, I wanted to add "Jeeves and Wooster" to my Netflix queue. Wink

Pip-pip! laughcry
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:17 pm

As a great "Merikan" once said... " I am at a loss for words. "

Twisted2

LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag

UNSIGNED
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Oh, jolly hockey sticks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:27 pm

O.K. Tell me about the "jolly hockey sticks."

Keep it clean. This IS the Guest Forum...

Wink
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:

Wink

From the Cambridge Dictionery (I Googled, Jolly Hockey Sticks) Note: The hockey sticks are field hockey sticks, not ice hockey.

be jolly hockey sticks British, humorous

if a woman or situation is jolly hockey sticks, the woman or the people involved in that situation belong to a high social class, and often talk in a very happy way that seems false
Well, she's okay, but a little jolly hockey sticks, if you know what I mean.

I first remember hearing the expression in a film, I can't remember the whole title, but it had St. Trinians in the name.

St Trinian's belles to ring once more:

They were the stocking-clad schoolgirls whose riotous antics brightened up 1950s Britain. Now Rupert Everett is to star in a revival of the fondly remembered films.

They coined the phrase "jolly hockey sticks", and inspired a generation of schoolgirls to throw stink bombs and flash their stocking-tops at authority. Now, after a quarter of a century's orderly silence, the girls of St Trinian's are making a comeback.

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:40 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:

Wink

Yeah, were in the GUEST section....... Heads up... cataracts and condiments are allowed.
No masquerades here. What you see is what you get. lol!

Rulez

clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

Marianne

Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:43 pm

We wouldn't want our guests to think we're looney-tunes or anything.....

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Toodle-pip!
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:46 pm

There apparently has been a re make of the original St. Trinians. Colin Firth stars.

Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:43 am

H*ll, and I used the word croonies in a post, it sounded good...
Don't teach me wrong English... or is it jolly good now?? laughfloor laughfloor
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:45 am

sucanfun wrote:
There apparently has been a re make of the original St. Trinians. Colin Firth stars.

It's Animal House reset in a British gel's school! Gaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:15 am

tonnie_rocca wrote:

H*ll, and I used the word croonies in a post, it sounded good...
Don't teach me wrong English... or is it jolly good now?? laughfloor laughfloor

Oh Tonnie, floooooooooooooooooooooooor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!   WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

WE ARE THE CROONIES WHO SAY TOODLE-PIP!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-
Jump to: