HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:58 am

Clix Pix wrote:
Admin wrote:
I just want to make it clear, despite all the rumours, that none of the information presented here is fabricated or 'made up'. I really don't care if you believe that or not. Obviously those suffering from terminal delusion (a.k.a 'red scarf fever') will just choose to believe it's all made up, but those with a brain of their own will be able to work out that it's all perfectly true. Now go knit another red scarf, or make another frickin' quilt or something! Rolling Eyes

The information presented here is indeed not something that has been "made up." These are comments actually made by the leadership of that site. True, they weren't made for public consumption or to be read by the subjects of their various discussions, but they are comments that were written by the leadership of SBFII. (Some of those people are no longer in a leadership role there, however.) Possibly some readers are confused by DJG's adding in his own comments, but, yes, the actual quoted remarks are what was written by those people at that time.

Sadly, I was a moderator over there and I can tell you, I kind of bashed some of you back in the day, and I am sorry for that. I hope those who are here understand that I like the forum, just not how it's run.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15030
Points : 17722
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 pm

I just want to make another point about the original banning.

When I was told of the banning by the then owner by email, I immediately emailed back explaining my position and giving him the opportunity to correct it. That email was ignored, and he then decided to publish more lies about me on the open forum. I show here the email I sent to him, which he ignored:

Hi,

Firstly, I refute the claim made against me of 'hijacking threads'. That's
not true at all. I have tried to explain to people that sometimes comedy
can't easily be contained in one single place. Often ideas come from what
other people have said, or relates to a particular piece of news. If you
took that out of that place and tried to move it to another section the
site would become even more disjointed. I fully appreciate that some
people don't appreciate my style of comedy, but that's just life. But, it's
completely harmless and I fail to see how people could take serious offence
to it, even if it happens to be in the news section?

Secondly, I can't understand what banning me is meant to achieve? I'm not
losing anything. The only people who have lost anything are those people
who were looking forwards to seeing the 'members on a bus with Susan'
picture tonight, which they can't now have.

Looking forward to a speedier resolution to this issue.

Thanks, DJG.
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:35 pm

You were apparently far too cordial, reasonable, and civil to have stood a chance, DJG. You tried to play fair and appeal to reason, two things that seem to be distinctly non-existent in the way that place has been run. What a disservice to the people who in good faith have gathered there in the past and present.

I will state again my own position that the only thing I want to see eliminated is the corruption and abuse and whatever behind-the-scenes machinations are making it anything other than an honest, up-front, fair-dealing fan forum. If that proves not to be possible, then the fans will gather wherever they can breathe the air freely.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
It occurs to me that the somewhat free-wheeling atmosphere here, which of course also spills over into the Guest Forum, is possibly causing a bit of confusion for people who don't know what to make of it when all of a sudden there's a funny video thrust into the midst of a thread, or there is a discussion which veers off somewhat from the original topic. Some sites are pretty strait-laced about keeping threads on track, sticking to the topic with no distracting stuff tossed in there.....so it is understandable that seeing something different here would really be a bit confusing and overwhelming to those who aren't used to the freedom that is possible in some sites. It's positively exhilarating, the freedom!

When I was only on ew I got the definite impression that this was an evil place. When I finally visited. not long ago, it was completely different than what I expected. The people here love and appreciate Susan just as much and with a freedom and fun atmosphere I am enjoying. I'm not too good with adding anything to the the humorous stuff, but really get a lot of laughs from it. There are some people on ew that I like and always look for their posts, so I will continue to visit(unless I'm banned!) For a time they had me fooled, but I kept getting more and more uneasy and then started getting mad. I'm really glad I did some looking around for a better place.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:07 pm

donaha wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
It occurs to me that the somewhat free-wheeling atmosphere here, which of course also spills over into the Guest Forum, is possibly causing a bit of confusion for people who don't know what to make of it when all of a sudden there's a funny video thrust into the midst of a thread, or there is a discussion which veers off somewhat from the original topic. Some sites are pretty strait-laced about keeping threads on track, sticking to the topic with no distracting stuff tossed in there.....so it is understandable that seeing something different here would really be a bit confusing and overwhelming to those who aren't used to the freedom that is possible in some sites. It's positively exhilarating, the freedom!

When I was only on ew I got the definite impression that this was an evil place. When I finally visited. not long ago, it was completely different than what I expected. The people here love and appreciate Susan just as much and with a freedom and fun atmosphere I am enjoying. I'm not too good with adding anything to the the humorous stuff, but really get a lot of laughs from it. There are some people on ew that I like and always look for their posts, so I will continue to visit(unless I'm banned!) For a time they had me fooled, but I kept getting more and more uneasy and then started getting mad. I'm really glad I did some looking around for a better place.

Since I'm pretty sure I didn't welcome you before, with my internet being on-again off-again, as it were, this seems like as good a place as any to say hi and welcome, Donaha! Cool

Yes, it is true, disappointing, perhaps, but true, that DJG is not the Devil Incarnate, and that we the members of SusaHumor are not his Obedient Minions.
Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

avatar

Posts : 48400
Points : 49673
Join date : 2009-10-11
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:40 pm

The problem at SBFII is some have no sense of humor and can't enjoy Susan on that basis. I would rather have a little bit of fun while celebrating and enjoying Susan. I don't what the problem is with that..... in fact nothing is wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

avatar

Posts : 28539
Points : 32350
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

donaha wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
It occurs to me that the somewhat free-wheeling atmosphere here, which of course also spills over into the Guest Forum, is possibly causing a bit of confusion for people who don't know what to make of it when all of a sudden there's a funny video thrust into the midst of a thread, or there is a discussion which veers off somewhat from the original topic. Some sites are pretty strait-laced about keeping threads on track, sticking to the topic with no distracting stuff tossed in there.....so it is understandable that seeing something different here would really be a bit confusing and overwhelming to those who aren't used to the freedom that is possible in some sites. It's positively exhilarating, the freedom!

When I was only on ew I got the definite impression that this was an evil place. When I finally visited. not long ago, it was completely different than what I expected. The people here love and appreciate Susan just as much and with a freedom and fun atmosphere I am enjoying. I'm not too good with adding anything to the the humorous stuff, but really get a lot of laughs from it. There are some people on ew that I like and always look for their posts, so I will continue to visit(unless I'm banned!) For a time they had me fooled, but I kept getting more and more uneasy and then started getting mad. I'm really glad I did some looking around for a better place.

I am so glad you looked around too! I visit EW, probably daily, but rarely post anymore. They have their own cliques and if you are not part of that you are overlooked. I never felt all that welcome there. At this site I hope we do make everyone feel welcome and part of the group. Sure there are some of us who post a lot, but we also appreciate what others post and usually say so and acknowledge that.

hug hug hug


And once in a while, probably not often enough, I like to say thank you to DJG for this site and I again say thank you. I really appreciate you and the site.

clap clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
skywriter

avatar

Posts : 4066
Points : 4183
Join date : 2010-05-09
Age : 70
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:05 am

Very nice to have you here, Donaha. flower See? We're hardly scary at all. Enjoy the site and post whenever and whatever you like. We look forward to hearing from you. BTW: That's a lovely avatar you have. Is it a painting?
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Scary? Us?? Hardly.

OK, so I have an avatar with a drawing of one of my dogs with underwear in his mouth, but still . . . .
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:10 pm

skywriter wrote:
Very nice to have you here, Donaha. flower See? We're hardly scary at all. Enjoy the site and post whenever and whatever you like. We look forward to hearing from you. BTW: That's a lovely avatar you have. Is it a painting?

Yes, it's a little miniature watercolor I did a few years back. I live out in the sticks so lots of trees, etc. I rarely paint anymore and was looking for something small enough to get on my scanner.
Back to top Go down
janakimack

avatar

Posts : 10855
Points : 11448
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:04 pm

donaha wrote:
skywriter wrote:
Very nice to have you here, Donaha. flower See? We're hardly scary at all. Enjoy the site and post whenever and whatever you like. We look forward to hearing from you. BTW: That's a lovely avatar you have. Is it a painting?

Yes, it's a little miniature watercolor I did a few years back. I live out in the sticks so lots of trees, etc. I rarely paint anymore and was looking for something small enough to get on my scanner.

Fabulous painting Donaha!!! cheering
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I originally posted here in the wrong thread, but wanted to get the message across to visitors that this is a good and exciting place.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:18 am

Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
Scary? Us?? Hardly.

OK, so I have an avatar with a drawing of one of my dogs with underwear in his mouth, but still . . . .

Oh, is THAT what it is? I thought it was just some nice dog pic that appealed to you, and I thought the plaid thing was supposed to be some kind of tartan wrapped around his neck or something. Dogs are weird. Laughing The "alpha" dog in a pair one of my coworkers owns (or is owned by) shows his mighty alpha-ness by running around carrying a stupid stuffed toy in his mouth all the time. Yeah, way to show the world what a bad-ass you are... laughfloor
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:18 am

BohemianSpirit wrote:
Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
Scary? Us?? Hardly.

OK, so I have an avatar with a drawing of one of my dogs with underwear in his mouth, but still . . . .

Oh, is THAT what it is? I thought it was just some nice dog pic that appealed to you, and I thought the plaid thing was supposed to be some kind of tartan wrapped around his neck or something. Dogs are weird. Laughing The "alpha" dog in a pair one of my coworkers owns (or is owned by) shows his mighty alpha-ness by running around carrying a stupid stuffed toy in his mouth all the time. Yeah, way to show the world what a bad-ass you are... laughfloor

Ha ha! Sam is a 'bringer', he must think he's some kind of retriever or something. When we come home he greets us with whatever he can gather upat the moment - pillow, shoe, dog bed, underwear. First thing in the morning, he grabs one of my shoes and brings it with him to the door, I pry it out of his mouth & send him outside . . . Rolling Eyes It just seemed appropriate to have his picture done with my son's drawers in his mouth . . .
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:39 am

I think it is important to note at this point in the conversation that DJG has NEVER been known to carry underwear in his teeth.
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:48 am

BohemianSpirit wrote:
I think it is important to note at this point in the conversation that DJG has NEVER been known to carry underwear in his teeth.

That's not to say he's never done it, he's just never been known to do it. Two different things! Eek4

Kind of like how "not guilty" isn't the same as "innocent" . . . .
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
I think it is important to note at this point in the conversation that DJG has NEVER been known to carry underwear in his teeth.

That's not to say he's never done it, he's just never been known to do it. Two different things! Eek4

Kind of like how "not guilty" isn't the same as "innocent" . . . .

You weren't supposed to point that out. Wink
Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

avatar

Posts : 2225
Points : 2330
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:57 pm

But there is a confession having to do with pink tights.
Back to top Go down
janakimack

avatar

Posts : 10855
Points : 11448
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:57 am

Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
I think it is important to note at this point in the conversation that DJG has NEVER been known to carry underwear in his teeth.

That's not to say he's never done it, he's just never been known to do it. Two different things! Eek4

Kind of like how "not guilty" isn't the same as "innocent" . . . .

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19458
Points : 19696
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:08 am

He IS known for knocking little old ladies into displays of egg cartons, though. Maybe the underwear trick would be less controversial. What do you think??
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46127
Points : 47348
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 am

Pink tights.... What does one do in pink tights? Plie.....releve...frappe....sur le pointe....grande jete!!

Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
Pink tights.... What does one do in (with?) pink tights? Plie.....releve...frappe....sur le pointe....grande jete!!


Run around the yard with them in your mouth - ??? That what Sam (the dog in question) would do!
Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

avatar

Posts : 2225
Points : 2330
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Pink tights.... What does one do in (with?) pink tights? Plie.....releve...frappe....sur le pointe....grande jete!!


Run around the yard with them in your mouth - ??? That what Sam (the dog in question) would do!


This gives me an image of a man in a jumper with bean juice on beard and said jumper running around his yard chasing cows with pink tights in his mouth. Sounds like a nightmare to me.
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19458
Points : 19696
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:10 pm

bajaraquel wrote:
Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Pink tights.... What does one do in (with?) pink tights? Plie.....releve...frappe....sur le pointe....grande jete!!


Run around the yard with them in your mouth - ??? That what Sam (the dog in question) would do!


This gives me an image of a man in a jumper with bean juice on beard and said jumper running around his yard chasing cows with pink tights in his mouth. Sounds like a nightmare to me.
________________________________________________________

Or,......just another day in the life of the Boss! drunken clown
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:59 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
bajaraquel wrote:
Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Pink tights.... What does one do in (with?) pink tights? Plie.....releve...frappe....sur le pointe....grande jete!!


Run around the yard with them in your mouth - ??? That what Sam (the dog in question) would do!


This gives me an image of a man in a jumper with bean juice on beard and said jumper running around his yard chasing cows with pink tights in his mouth. Sounds like a nightmare to me.
________________________________________________________

Or,......just another day in the life of the Boss! drunken clown


Good thing there's no one to see him but the cows!!! laughfloor
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 57899
Points : 62659
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 67
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:16 am

Check out this posting in the Staff Room. --

Posted by Mod O
Great ideas, Mod D and Admin. P. It would be a good idea for us to become more proactive in initiating events instead of waiting for members to come up with them. Then, they can have input but we can somewhat control the outcome. We have been lucky so far in that none of the bizarre ideas came to fruition. As Admin. K has mentioned in the past, it is better if staff is involved and directing from the beginning instead of groups coming to us last minute to either fund or arrange delivery.

Sort of makes you think about this:
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

avatar

Posts : 8982
Points : 10038
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : Rome, Italy

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:36 am



Reminded me of Bomarzo (IT), where there is the "Park of the Monsters", with stone sculptures and structures (beautiful but disturbing) created in the Renaissance, with this "leaning" house, a very unreal thing to walk in. An unreal reality that kicks you almost off your feet.... Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:42 am

fudgemeister wrote:
Check out this posting in the Staff Room. --

Posted by Mod O
Great ideas, Mod D and Admin. P. It would be a good idea for us to become more proactive in initiating events instead of waiting for members to come up with them. Then, they can have input but we can somewhat control the outcome. We have been lucky so far in that none of the bizarre ideas came to fruition. As Admin. K has mentioned in the past, it is better if staff is involved and directing from the beginning instead of groups coming to us last minute to either fund or arrange delivery.

Sort of makes you think about this:

It just makes me wonder what exactly they see their role as - moderating and facilitating discusson about a performer, or more in the nature of organizing and controlling events - sort of like . . . . . an Official Site - ????

I do sometimes wonder whether any of these people actually have day jobs.
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19458
Points : 19696
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:


Reminded me of Bomarzo (IT), where there is the "Park of the Monsters", with stone sculptures and structures (beautiful but disturbing) created in the Renaissance, with this "leaning" house, a very unreal thing to walk in. An unreal reality that kicks you almost off your feet.... Very Happy Very Happy

___________________________________________________________

What an intriguing looking place, tonnie! How I would have loved to tour a place like that in my younger days when I was fascinated by off-beat, bizarre things of that nature: monster movies, ghost stories. In fact, that still sparks an interest in me, after all these years. Wonder how they explained that during the Renaissance? Love the beautiful old stones.
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

avatar

Posts : 8982
Points : 10038
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : Rome, Italy

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:04 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
What an intriguing looking place, tonnie! How I would have loved to tour a place like that in my younger days when I was fascinated by off-beat, bizarre things of that nature: monster movies, ghost stories. In fact, that still sparks an interest in me, after all these years. Wonder how they explained that during the Renaissance? Love the beautiful old stones.
Yes, it's a wonderful place, there is a lot about it's history in the internet. The guy who had the sculptures made on the stones that were naturally accumulated in his "garden" (more: his valley) was fixated with oriental myths.

Try finding in a library the unknown book by the Dutch writer Hella Haasse: The gardens of Bomarzo (1968), about a group of artists and others having parties in that park in the fifties, that was before there was an entrance fee and a gate... Very Happy, it's centuries I haven't reread it.

Wam, love and all the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
tonnie_rocca

avatar

Posts : 8982
Points : 10038
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : Rome, Italy

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 am



A few more pics.

The valley is deep, dark and forested, you would like it... Very Happy , I always imagine that prince in the 16th century, with his strange phantasies and books brooding over these creations, by candlelight of course... (off topic confused confused)






Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19458
Points : 19696
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Quite an imagination that man had! I'm assuming the material for the figures is marble. I like the picture of the little boy standing in the mouth of the monster head! Kids must have loved (and still love) those weird old things! (Daddy, can we get one of these??)
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

avatar

Posts : 8982
Points : 10038
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : Rome, Italy

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:46 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
Quite an imagination that man had! I'm assuming the material for the figures is marble. I like the picture of the little boy standing in the mouth of the monster head! Kids must have loved (and still love) those weird old things! (Daddy, can we get one of these??)
Hi Wam, no it's volcanic stone that has naturally accumulated, since times immorial, from the hilltop into that valley: our prince didn't have to move or import a single stone, just chip away...

Yes, my kids loved it all, I have to find the occasion to bring the grandkids there, but this year the Dutchies are not coming, so in May I will move northwards for a week or so... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15030
Points : 17722
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Guests, notice how we can go way off topic here and nobody really cares!? Wink It's called conversation, just as it happens in real life! Now on some more draconian forums folks would have been banned for that! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19458
Points : 19696
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:10 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

Hi Wam, no it's volcanic stone that has naturally accumulated, since times immorial, from the hilltop into that valley: our prince didn't have to move or import a single stone, just chip away...

Yes, my kids loved it all, I have to find the occasion to bring the grandkids there, but this year the Dutchies are not coming, so in May I will move northwards for a week or so... Very Happy
_____________________________________________________

Volcanic stone?? I wouldn't have guessed that. All volcanic rock I've ever seen is very dark,----black, mostly. Now I'll have to do some research. I was sent some volcanic ash after Mt. St. Helens erupted in Washington state a few decades ago and was able to work it nicely into a glaze for pottery. It was nothing really spectacular, but had a pleasing opalescence to it. Don't know what or if volcanic rock emerged from that explosion.
Anyhow, most interesting sculptures. Even a "split" mermaid!----- Shocked I'd love knowing what thought was behind THAT!
Back to top Go down
 
DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII
» Temptation Box Review
» OS and SBFII Freefall
» SBFII: What they REALLY think of members!
» Yapdogs And Disrupters At SBFII

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-
Jump to: