HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Announcement referred to the 1st of April

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 am

toplass wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
I've been wearing a lot of Crocs these past couple of years. For one thing, I do have a bunion on the inside of my left foot, at the bottom of the big toe, so wearing shoes with a wide toe bed allows me to keep my toes stretched and spaced, avoiding any aggravation of the bunion. (Hooray for yoga for teaching me how to keep my toes stretched and spaced! Very Happy) Had I attended the SVA, I just might have shown up in a pair of Crocs! And I'll bet nobody would have paid much notice or given a damn.

Well when we have our DJG soiree you can join me and LEM in Croc corner. The ones I have on right now are pink.

I wear Crocs almost all of the time that I'm not at work (and at my previous job I wore them much of the time inside the office too.) I'm on my second pair of lined Crocs. the ones I'm wearing now are a burgundy/purple with a thick fuzzy black lining. (Mr LEM found them on sale @ TJMaxx.) I need a new pair of unlined Crocks, the pair I have are pink, really beat up and actually at least a size too big. Good for gardening & yard work!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15176
Points : 17926
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:13 am

I hear Krapoola tried some humour today. Don't give up your day job, whatever that may be! Wink

I also heard some of the loonies actually believed it, which is not surprising. What ya feeding them over there?! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
chillin

avatar

Posts : 124
Points : 125
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Northeast, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:07 am

BohemianSpirit wrote:
chillin wrote:
tonnie_rocca wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Gooooooooood question, Boh!! Popcorn Popcorn I don't think I have enough popcorn to last that long. I don't think there's enough popcorn ANYwhere to last that long. As long as women convince themselves those things are sexy and as long as they are influenced by compliments from men when they wear them,---we're still back at square one.------- Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
And it ruins your feet completely, I have seen those of Ita elderly woman, a horror of self-imposed malformation... and in the long run it prevents you even from normal walking.

So true, tonnie_rocca. I had to have surgery for a bunion on one foot several years ago & it was pretty painful! affraid

I'd only worn medium heels too, so it didn't take that much to cause the problem.

I think it's not only heels, but the tapering toe beds, along with too-narrow shoes overall, that can create the problem. It bends the big toe inwards, which causes the toe "knuckle" to rub against the shoe, over time creating the bunion. At least that's how I understand it after reading a bit online about what to do about bunions.

If I'd known then what I know now, I would NEVER have forced myself to wear any shoes that were the least bit uncomfortable or that squished my toes into unnatural positions.

I also wish that I'd never forced myself to wear uncomfortable shoes. It just wasn't worth the damage I did to my feet. I was fortunate, though, that the surgery I had was successful. (I went to a great surgeon.) Now I wear ONLY supportive comfortable shoes with a large toe box. They're not stylish, but who cares - I'm retired now!! In the summer I also like to wear my Teva sandals - I have them in several colors. They're pretty cute & they don't hurt the feet. cheering
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46367
Points : 47608
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:11 am

Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!
Back to top Go down
chillin

avatar

Posts : 124
Points : 125
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Northeast, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:58 am

Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!

Yeah, aren't they great! I'm already wearing mine around the house when it's not too cold. I have them in 2 styles - Ventura Cork & Tirra - both work for my narrow feet. Maybe I'll start wearing socks with mine too! I've already given up on the fashion bit anyway!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:00 am

Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
toplass wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
I've been wearing a lot of Crocs these past couple of years. For one thing, I do have a bunion on the inside of my left foot, at the bottom of the big toe, so wearing shoes with a wide toe bed allows me to keep my toes stretched and spaced, avoiding any aggravation of the bunion. (Hooray for yoga for teaching me how to keep my toes stretched and spaced! Very Happy) Had I attended the SVA, I just might have shown up in a pair of Crocs! And I'll bet nobody would have paid much notice or given a damn.

Well when we have our DJG soiree you can join me and LEM in Croc corner. The ones I have on right now are pink.

I wear Crocs almost all of the time that I'm not at work (and at my previous job I wore them much of the time inside the office too.) I'm on my second pair of lined Crocs. the ones I'm wearing now are a burgundy/purple with a thick fuzzy black lining. (Mr LEM found them on sale @ TJMaxx.) I need a new pair of unlined Crocks, the pair I have are pink, really beat up and actually at least a size too big. Good for gardening & yard work!

LEM, I don't know if you're aware of it, but Crocs also makes some work-friendly designs, including some classic wide toe box styles that are less casual looking (not full of holes in the top) than the classic Crocs clogs. Might be worth a look on their web site, unless your new office specifically prohibits wearing Crocs. If you tend to wear dress pants rather than skirts, the hem of the pants tends to help conceal your shoes, anyway, so you can be semi-incognito about how comfy you really are. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:01 am

Admin wrote:
I hear Krapoola tried some humour today. Don't give up your day job, whatever that may be! Wink

I also heard some of the loonies actually believed it, which is not surprising. What ya feeding them over there?! Rolling Eyes


On the subject of rumors, I also heard that a certain admin of a certain other site lost out on a competition for a certain award among Susan Boyle fandom. More on that later. Watch this forum, folks. Cool
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46367
Points : 47608
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:02 am

chillin wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!

Yeah, aren't they great! I'm already wearing mine around the house when it's not too cold. I have them in 2 styles - Ventura Cork & Tirra - both work for my narrow feet. Maybe I'll start wearing socks with mine too! I've already given up on the fashion bit anyway!

I wear the black "Pretty Rugged Nylon" ones most of the time -- they've had various names throughout the years -- and I also have a pair in brown suede which look a lot like the current Meadow Luxe. I also have Birkenstocks, which I love, too, but really, it's the Tevas which my feet adore......
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46367
Points : 47608
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:02 am

BohemianSpirit wrote:
Admin wrote:
I hear Krapoola tried some humour today. Don't give up your day job, whatever that may be! Wink

I also heard some of the loonies actually believed it, which is not surprising. What ya feeding them over there?! Rolling Eyes


On the subject of rumors, I also heard that a certain admin of a certain other site lost out on a competition for a certain award among Susan Boyle fandom. More on that later. Watch this forum, folks. Cool

Oooh, my!!! Waiting with bated breath for THIS!
Back to top Go down
skywriter

avatar

Posts : 4066
Points : 4183
Join date : 2010-05-09
Age : 71
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:08 am

Crocs are heaven for my tired feet when I get home from work. I used to wear them to work, but the job is too feet-intensive. A co-worker wore a pedometer for a while, and the average distanced walked for a shift at Customer Service was 5.2 miles. Cashwrap, however, means standing in one place for hours on end--much harder than walking! Cushy as Crocs are, they have no support. All the walking at work, plus lifting armloads of books really began to hurt my back. I got an MRI of my lower spine and did some physical therapy. The PT said that other than 2 bulging disks and lumbar stenosis, Crocs were the culprit. He made me get running shoes to wear at work, even wrote a note saying I had to have them. So I got a pair of black leather Reebox and some ready-made orthotics. I hate wearing so much on my feet, but my back really is better now. The instant I get home, I'm peeling down to barefoot. If I must wear shoes at all, it's Crocs at home. I've also worn Naot clogs. They have lots of arch support and are great for feet. I want to try Teva sandals.

So if you Crocs wearers start having back problems, it might be the too-comfy shoes. Life just isn't fair.
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19672
Points : 19910
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:28 am

Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!
___________________________________________________


I was just looking in the "Pretty Rugged Nylon"s and noticed there is no different in widths. That makes me a little nervous,---but it's likely they stretch enough. I usually buy a WW width in shoes, just so I can comfortably wear sox with all my shoes in the cold weather.
Back to top Go down
chillin

avatar

Posts : 124
Points : 125
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Northeast, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:00 am

WAMcKinley wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!
___________________________________________________


I was just looking in the "Pretty Rugged Nylon"s and noticed there is no different in widths. That makes me a little nervous,---but it's likely they stretch enough. I usually buy a WW width in shoes, just so I can comfortably wear sox with all my shoes in the cold weather.

I own a pair of Pretty Ruggeds in black leather. They don't really have to come in widths since they're adjustable. They have 2 sets of straps - one over the toe area & the other in front of the ankle, with holes in both to fit the different widths. Hope I explained that right! I guess it would be best if you could try them on first.
Back to top Go down
chillin

avatar

Posts : 124
Points : 125
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Northeast, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:10 am

Clix Pix wrote:
chillin wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!

Yeah, aren't they great! I'm already wearing mine around the house when it's not too cold. I have them in 2 styles - Ventura Cork & Tirra - both work for my narrow feet. Maybe I'll start wearing socks with mine too! I've already given up on the fashion bit anyway!

I wear the black "Pretty Rugged Nylon" ones most of the time -- they've had various names throughout the years -- and I also have a pair in brown suede which look a lot like the current Meadow Luxe. I also have Birkenstocks, which I love, too, but really, it's the Tevas which my feet adore......

I'll bet you could use the "Pretty Rugged Nylon" ones as "water shoes" for the beach or water park. It would probably be better, though, to use older more worn-out ones for that purpose. I'm always looking for footwear to wear to the beach since I don't like wearing flip-flops!


Last edited by chillin on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19672
Points : 19910
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:10 am

chillin wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!
___________________________________________________


I was just looking in the "Pretty Rugged Nylon"s and noticed there is no different in widths. That makes me a little nervous,---but it's likely they stretch enough. I usually buy a WW width in shoes, just so I can comfortably wear sox with all my shoes in the cold weather.

I own a pair of Pretty Ruggeds in black leather. They don't really have to come in widths since they're adjustable. They have 2 sets of straps - one over the toe area & the other in front of the ankle, with holes in both to fit the different widths. Hope I explained that right! I guess it would be best if you could try them on first.
____________________________________________________

Thanks. That would probably be best. I'm not much of a strappy shoe/sandal person. My feet are enclosed summer and winter, for the most part. I know I can't wear clogs because not having the back of my foot supported isn't comfortable to me. I'd need to get used to sandal-type shoes again.
Back to top Go down
andyp

avatar

Posts : 19817
Points : 19829
Join date : 2011-03-08
Location : Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:18 am

Clix Pix wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
Admin wrote:
I hear Krapoola tried some humour today. Don't give up your day job, whatever that may be! Wink

I also heard some of the loonies actually believed it, which is not surprising. What ya feeding them over there?! Rolling Eyes


On the subject of rumors, I also heard that a certain admin of a certain other site lost out on a competition for a certain award among Susan Boyle fandom. More on that later. Watch this forum, folks. Cool

Oooh, my!!! Waiting with bated breath for THIS!

I want the fact, all the facts and I want them now.
Back to top Go down
chillin

avatar

Posts : 124
Points : 125
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Northeast, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:19 am

WAMcKinley wrote:
chillin wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!
___________________________________________________


I was just looking in the "Pretty Rugged Nylon"s and noticed there is no different in widths. That makes me a little nervous,---but it's likely they stretch enough. I usually buy a WW width in shoes, just so I can comfortably wear sox with all my shoes in the cold weather.

I own a pair of Pretty Ruggeds in black leather. They don't really have to come in widths since they're adjustable. They have 2 sets of straps - one over the toe area & the other in front of the ankle, with holes in both to fit the different widths. Hope I explained that right! I guess it would be best if you could try them on first.
____________________________________________________

Thanks. That would probably be best. I'm not much of a strappy shoe/sandal person. My feet are enclosed summer and winter, for the most part. I know I can't wear clogs because not having the back of my foot supported isn't comfortable to me. I'd need to get used to sandal-type shoes again.

You might want to check out the Tirras also. They're made of nylon, come in a variety of colors, & give a whole lot of support. They're probably my favorites at this point.
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19672
Points : 19910
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:22 am

chillin wrote:

You might want to check out the Tirras also. They're made of nylon, come in a variety of colors, & give a whole lot of support. They're probably my favorites at this point.
_____________________________________________

Will do. Thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
toplass

avatar

Posts : 4288
Points : 4868
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:21 am

skywriter wrote:
Crocs are heaven for my tired feet when I get home from work. I used to wear them to work, but the job is too feet-intensive. A co-worker wore a pedometer for a while, and the average distanced walked for a shift at Customer Service was 5.2 miles. Cashwrap, however, means standing in one place for hours on end--much harder than walking! Cushy as Crocs are, they have no support. All the walking at work, plus lifting armloads of books really began to hurt my back. I got an MRI of my lower spine and did some physical therapy. The PT said that other than 2 bulging disks and lumbar stenosis, Crocs were the culprit. He made me get running shoes to wear at work, even wrote a note saying I had to have them. So I got a pair of black leather Reebox and some ready-made orthotics. I hate wearing so much on my feet, but my back really is better now. The instant I get home, I'm peeling down to barefoot. If I must wear shoes at all, it's Crocs at home. I've also worn Naot clogs. They have lots of arch support and are great for feet. I want to try Teva sandals.

So if you Crocs wearers start having back problems, it might be the too-comfy shoes. Life just isn't fair.


Thanks for this Sky. I have occasional back problems, have had for years, but I was starting to wonder if the Crocs were causing the latest bout.
Back to top Go down
whisper

avatar

Posts : 13446
Points : 13780
Join date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:40 pm

I like Dansko they helped me with my back and knee pain. I also like Alegria shoes and clogs. They are very comfy.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:53 pm

I never thought that this forum would become a shoe advertising agency Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
toplass

avatar

Posts : 4288
Points : 4868
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:10 pm

lulu wrote:
I never thought that this forum would become a shoe advertising agency Rolling Eyes

Well Lulu you know us - anything goes!

LOLflag
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:35 pm

I haven't had any back problems, but my feet and knees will get sore sometimes. However, that seems to have more to do with either not staying in my yoga routine (essential to do those stretches and bends which keep the tendons in legs and feet flexible) or with having gained weight since having half my thyroid removed a year and a half ago. I've been able to wear Crocs at work, but I get the ones designed for working on one's feet, not the casual lightweight clogs which, I agree, are not really designed for heavy-duty standing or hiking.

All of this reminds me that I do need to pick up a couple of good pairs of walking or running shoes. Cool
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:35 pm

lulu wrote:
I never thought that this forum would become a shoe advertising agency Rolling Eyes

No, we are just health and comfort fanatics. Wink It gives us something to do while we await the reports from the two members who attended Susan's party.
Back to top Go down
skywriter

avatar

Posts : 4066
Points : 4183
Join date : 2010-05-09
Age : 71
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:52 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
lulu wrote:
I never thought that this forum would become a shoe advertising agency Rolling Eyes

No, we are just health and comfort fanatics. Wink It gives us something to do while we await the reports from the two members who attended Susan's party.
Oh yeah, right! The Chosen Two. When, exactly, are we going to be hearing from them? I need to know so I can clear a space in my busy schedule. laughfloor
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46367
Points : 47608
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:55 pm

chillin wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
chillin wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!

Yeah, aren't they great! I'm already wearing mine around the house when it's not too cold. I have them in 2 styles - Ventura Cork & Tirra - both work for my narrow feet. Maybe I'll start wearing socks with mine too! I've already given up on the fashion bit anyway!

I wear the black "Pretty Rugged Nylon" ones most of the time -- they've had various names throughout the years -- and I also have a pair in brown suede which look a lot like the current Meadow Luxe. I also have Birkenstocks, which I love, too, but really, it's the Tevas which my feet adore......

I'll bet you could use the "Pretty Rugged Nylon" ones as "water shoes" for the beach or water park. It would probably be better, though, to use older more worn-out ones for that purpose. I'm always looking for footwear to wear to the beach since I don't like wearing flip-flops!

Interesting you should mention the "Pretty Rugged Nylon" Tevas as "water shoes" and beach shoes, as that is exactly how I happened to get my first pair. I was at the beach with friends and my flipflops were driving me crazy walking on the sand (the sand was too hot to walk barefoot) and when we were wandering around through the shops I spotted these black rubber sandals with velcro, easily-adjustable straps..... tried them on, they felt terrific, bought them and started wearing them. At summer's end I was still wearing them and when that first pair finally did wear out a couple of years later I went in search of new ones. I'm hooked! Anyway, yes, the width is not an issue because the straps are velcro and adjustable. In the summer I have them one way with my bare feet and then when I want to wear them with socks I simply adjust them a bit to accommodate the socks. Sometimes I wear discreet black socks and black jeans with my Tevas and then no one notices I'm wearing sandals with socks in the middle of November, and at other times I'll flaunt them by wearing my colorful Wyoming Wear fleece socks. (Another favorite of mine: fleece socks -- they keep my tootsies warm all winter!)

Back to top Go down
dyebat

avatar

Posts : 3410
Points : 3565
Join date : 2010-08-19
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:27 pm

And for those of us in colder climes, there are Ugg boots. You can put them on without socks,, and comfortably go out and shovel snow in them.
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

avatar

Posts : 28543
Points : 32358
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:11 pm

dyebat wrote:
And for those of us in colder climes, there are Ugg boots. You can put them on without socks,, and comfortably go out and shovel snow in them.

Are you shovelling snow, Dyebat? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Or watching the palm trees sway gently in the breeze???????
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 60301
Points : 65201
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:24 pm

skywriter wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
lulu wrote:
I never thought that this forum would become a shoe advertising agency Rolling Eyes

No, we are just health and comfort fanatics. Wink It gives us something to do while we await the reports from the two members who attended Susan's party.
Oh yeah, right! The Chosen Two. When, exactly, are we going to be hearing from them? I need to know so I can clear a space in my busy schedule. laughfloor
THAT must have been SOME party for our 2 representatives from this forum!!! Still no reports?? Are the 2 big drinkers?? If they are, they NEED to consult with me about the evils of alcohol. I can recommend a trip to Amsterdam for them! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings wings
Back to top Go down
chillin

avatar

Posts : 124
Points : 125
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Northeast, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
chillin wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
chillin wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Tevas. YESSSSS!!! I LIVE in Tevas! In fact, in the fall when it starts getting chilly, I'm not ready to give up my Tevas so I wear socks with them. Yes, I know, how unfashionable! In the spring the minute the weather starts showing signs of being anywhere near warm, out come the Tevas again. I wear them all spring, summer and fall. Love 'em!

Yeah, aren't they great! I'm already wearing mine around the house when it's not too cold. I have them in 2 styles - Ventura Cork & Tirra - both work for my narrow feet. Maybe I'll start wearing socks with mine too! I've already given up on the fashion bit anyway!

I wear the black "Pretty Rugged Nylon" ones most of the time -- they've had various names throughout the years -- and I also have a pair in brown suede which look a lot like the current Meadow Luxe. I also have Birkenstocks, which I love, too, but really, it's the Tevas which my feet adore......

I'll bet you could use the "Pretty Rugged Nylon" ones as "water shoes" for the beach or water park. It would probably be better, though, to use older more worn-out ones for that purpose. I'm always looking for footwear to wear to the beach since I don't like wearing flip-flops!

Interesting you should mention the "Pretty Rugged Nylon" Tevas as "water shoes" and beach shoes, as that is exactly how I happened to get my first pair. I was at the beach with friends and my flipflops were driving me crazy walking on the sand (the sand was too hot to walk barefoot) and when we were wandering around through the shops I spotted these black rubber sandals with velcro, easily-adjustable straps..... tried them on, they felt terrific, bought them and started wearing them. At summer's end I was still wearing them and when that first pair finally did wear out a couple of years later I went in search of new ones. I'm hooked! Anyway, yes, the width is not an issue because the straps are velcro and adjustable. In the summer I have them one way with my bare feet and then when I want to wear them with socks I simply adjust them a bit to accommodate the socks. Sometimes I wear discreet black socks and black jeans with my Tevas and then no one notices I'm wearing sandals with socks in the middle of November, and at other times I'll flaunt them by wearing my colorful Wyoming Wear fleece socks. (Another favorite of mine: fleece socks -- they keep my tootsies warm all winter!)


I'm hooked too! I think I'll go try on some "Pretty Rugged Nylons" to wear to the beach. There's a shoe warehouse store nearby that sells Tevas at a discount (about 20% off). I've also seen some amazing discounts for Tevas on amazon.com.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46367
Points : 47608
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:22 pm

dyebat wrote:
And for those of us in colder climes, there are Ugg boots. You can put them on without socks,, and comfortably go out and shovel snow in them.

Uggs!!! YES!!!!! When it's cold and snowy and icy and I have to go out -- you bet, the Uggs go on!!! Love 'em, they feel warm and cozy and they are fairly water-resistant. They're nice, too, even when there isn't any snow on the ground but it's cold. Uggs -- love 'em because they're lightweight and don't weigh me down when I'm out and about in the cold and the snow...... Good reminder, Dyebat!

Back to summertime footwear.....yep, I've got to look carefully at my Tevas and see if I will be able to get through another 2 1/2 seasons with them or if I should buy another pair now..... I liked the looks of those Tirras, too so am going to check those out as well!


Just laughing here -- aren't we a riot? Other sites talk of Christian Louboutins and such; we sing praises to Teva, Birkenstock, Uggs and Crocs!!!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

avatar

Posts : 28543
Points : 32358
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
dyebat wrote:
And for those of us in colder climes, there are Ugg boots. You can put them on without socks,, and comfortably go out and shovel snow in them.

Uggs!!! YES!!!!! When it's cold and snowy and icy and I have to go out -- you bet, the Uggs go on!!! Love 'em, they feel warm and cozy and they are fairly water-resistant. They're nice, too, even when there isn't any snow on the ground but it's cold. Uggs -- love 'em because they're lightweight and don't weigh me down when I'm out and about in the cold and the snow...... Good reminder, Dyebat!

Back to summertime footwear.....yep, I've got to look carefully at my Tevas and see if I will be able to get through another 2 1/2 seasons with them or if I should buy another pair now..... I liked the looks of those Tirras, too so am going to check those out as well!


Just laughing here -- aren't we a riot? Other sites talk of Christian Louboutins and such; we sing praises to Teva, Birkenstock, Uggs and Crocs!!!! LOL!

I have a feeling EW members are more Teva, Birkenstock, Uggs and Croc, people too. It was Pickled who needed to show how superior she was wearing the Louboutins,
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46367
Points : 47608
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Ah, excellent point there, m'dear! You are quite right. I still have not figured out the shallowness of anyone who has to hire a pair of designer shoes to attend an event. WTH was she thinking she was going to impress? How silly, how absolutely silly and a waste of money!
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:44 am

dyebat wrote:
And for those of us in colder climes, there are Ugg boots. You can put them on without socks,, and comfortably go out and shovel snow in them.

Oh yeah, Uggs are great! Costco makes a great Uggs knock-off, $34.99 as opposed to $199.99. I can live without the little tags on my heels! By my calculations each of those little tags costs $82.50.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46367
Points : 47608
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:51 am

We don't have a Costco all that close to me.....and even if it were, I wouldn't shop there anyway, as isn't it a membership-only buy-in-bulk sort of setup? As a one-person household I don't need to buy in bulk. I have heard that great savings can be had on merchandise and knock-offs of famous brands, but for me the membership fee isn't worth that. Looks as though Uggs have gone up in price, too, since I bought mine, as I've had them a few years now. They're like my Tevas, they seem to last and last and last.
Back to top Go down
dyebat

avatar

Posts : 3410
Points : 3565
Join date : 2010-08-19
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:13 am

And now, more than you ever knew about Ugg boots. First off, originally a lot of companies made ugg boots before one company copyrighted the name-- a little like someone copyrighting "sandal" as a proprietary name. That company now has them manufactured in China (surprise, surprise). However, there are still small companies in New Zealand who make them there. And their prices are lower. I linked one below. Their mid-calf boots (the kind I shovel snow in) are 58.95 US$$. The most expensive tall ones are 158.95 US $$ and both INCLUDE International Air delivery to the US; shipping info for other countries is also given. My next pair (if the current ones ever wear out) will be from there cause I'd like to help out the poor flooded Kiwis more than the Chinese.

http://www.kiwi-sheepskins.com/sheepskin-boots.asp
Back to top Go down
 
Announcement referred to the 1st of April
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» In This Moment
» Bible Verse For The Day...2011
» Sentinel l/s Black Kat: Stuttgart, Germany, 29th April 2006
» King Stur Gav: Lionel Town, Clarendon. 13th December 2008
» Katarock v Downbeat: New York. 26th April 2000

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-
Jump to: