HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Welcome To The Hotel SBFII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 60277
Points : 65173
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:43 am

Well here is one novel way to keep your membership numbers from falling. A member of SBFII sent a pm to Kalua, stating that she wanted her account terminated and that she was resigning. Kalua told her that as of March 1, 2011, NO ONE would be taken off of the membership list! What Chutspah! What gall! Who is he to make such a determination? Since when is a person FORCED to be on a site that she wants nothing to do with? Is that REALLY a democratic site? Reminds me of this song--

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:22 am

If you want to sing along, you might want to check out the lyrics. Wink

http://susahumor.forumotion.com/t3418-welcome-to-the-hotel-kaligula
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 60277
Points : 65173
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Tinky now says that the reason members' accounts are not deleted when they resign is so that the forum history is NOT ALTERED in any way. Hey, Tinky, how come you did not feel that way when dozens of controversial threads were removed from the archives!? I, myself, had 9 threads removed. Were not they part of the site's history?? Oh, I forget, that was part of the history you do NOT want people to see! JEEEEEEESH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:49 pm

It would be hilarious if it weren't so freakin' pathetic. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
donaha

avatar

Posts : 6594
Points : 6835
Join date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:16 pm

I was the one who left ew and announced that I was leaving. I thought it was a simple thing to do, but understand it caused a lot a snarky remarks. One even called it drama. In the last few months, there has been nothing enjoyable for me on ew because of the negative remarks when an opinion is expressed that doesn't fit the the popular view. Yes, I simply could have refrained from visiting ew, but knowing myself I would have still checked in and thus felt the frustration that takes all joy out of the forum. I also wanted say I was leaving because there were a few who would have wanted to know where I had gone. So there it is...at least maybe I provided a little entertainment for a boring Sunday afternoon. Popcorn
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 60277
Points : 65173
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:24 pm

donaha wrote:
I was the one who left ew and announced that I was leaving. I thought it was a simple thing to do, but understand it caused a lot a snarky remarks. One even called it drama. In the last few months, there has been nothing enjoyable for me on ew because of the negative remarks when an opinion is expressed that doesn't fit the the popular view. Yes, I simply could have refrained from visiting ew, but knowing myself I would have still checked in and thus felt the frustration that takes all joy out of the forum. I also wanted say I was leaving because there were a few who would have wanted to know where I had gone. So there it is...at least maybe I provided a little entertainment for a boring Sunday afternoon. Popcorn
Donaha, no one should be FORCED to remain a member of a site when he/she does not agree with the philosophy that the site's direction is taking.
Back to top Go down
janakimack

avatar

Posts : 10858
Points : 11455
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Besides, Donaha, at least it brought the whole issue to the forefront and who knows, one other person may just possibly have seen the light...?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
pipechanter



Posts : 4190
Points : 4235
Join date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 pm

I am totally disgusted with Pickled Tink, Kalua, and croonies, and donaha's EW thread about leaving pushed me over the edge. Most of the "active members" there who participate regularly are: 1) naive enough to not realize they are being shamelessly manipulated; 2) truly addicted to the site and incapable of realizing they are being shamelessly manipulated; or 3) consciously complicit in the shameless manipulation by continuing to contribute their "attaboys" and refusing to acknowledge what - given knudt's, Citroenlady's, dyebat's, and lchris' revelations, as well as ongoing and clumsy doublespeak by Pickled Tink, Kalua, and croonies - constitutes a situation that runs totally contrary to all that Susan stands for. If Pickled Tink and Kalua are Sony/Syco puppets in their nefarious actions on that site, shame on Sony/Syco, too.

Pickled Tink's latest clumsy attempt at obfuscation in donaha's thread is laughable, to put it mildly. Oh yes, we're going to believe that anyone requesting membership termination is just doing so on a whim, maybe because feelings were hurt over a post or two. And that it's incumbent upon admin to save that member from her/his impulsive request. Puhleeze! And what's the problem with permitting that member to rejoin at some point in the future? The arrogant stance that EW is the be-all and end-all site for things Susan is wearing thin. Fortunately, there are any number of alternatives for those who are still able, and choose, to exercise their gray matter. If there's a VALID reason for refusing to terminate a membership immediately when requested, other than padding the membership stats, I wish someone would state that.
Back to top Go down
janakimack

avatar

Posts : 10858
Points : 11455
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Well said, Pipechanter and hey, great to see you around!!!
Back to top Go down
toplass

avatar

Posts : 4288
Points : 4868
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Extremely well said Pipechanter clapping clapping

And now I look like an EW zombie chanting "excellent post, excellent post" Rolling Eyes

But IS an excellent post!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 60277
Points : 65173
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Certainly telling it like it is, pipechanter! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15176
Points : 17926
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:29 pm

You have to have one of these to get out! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
janakimack

avatar

Posts : 10858
Points : 11455
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor
laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry
Back to top Go down
pipechanter



Posts : 4190
Points : 4235
Join date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:50 pm

I've historically tended to be dispassionate about things EW, an exercise in textbook abnormal psychology lol! Not to say I haven't zinged a few people who I (and others) perceived to be all about themselves rather than being in support of Susan.

The situation over there is becoming increasingly pathological, for whatever reason. The most disturbing thing to me is that Pickled Tink and Kalua, et al, are preying on vulnerable individuals who have become dependent on that site for their psychological and emotional well-being. The pressure to adhere to the party line, effected in part through obfuscation and censorship, is reprehensible.


Back to top Go down
janakimack

avatar

Posts : 10858
Points : 11455
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:04 pm

pipechanter wrote:
I've historically tended to be dispassionate about things EW, an exercise in textbook abnormal psychology lol! Not to say I haven't zinged a few people who I (and others) perceived to be all about themselves rather than being in support of Susan.

The situation over there is becoming increasingly pathological, for whatever reason. The most disturbing thing to me is that Pickled Tink and Kalua, et al, are preying on vulnerable individuals who have become dependent on that site for their psychological and emotional well-being. The pressure to adhere to the party line, effected in part through obfuscation and censorship, is reprehensible.



You've nailed it again Pipechanter!!! It is pathetic to watch the manipulation, the lack of anything to say and the patronizing that goes on at EW. A sad state of affairs indeed but at least we have other choices...
Back to top Go down
pipechanter



Posts : 4190
Points : 4235
Join date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:11 pm

janakimack wrote:
Floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor
laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry

I have several of those, but the blades are not long enough to reach across the Atlantic or down to wherever the hell in South America Kalua purports to hang his whatever!
Back to top Go down
donaha

avatar

Posts : 6594
Points : 6835
Join date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:57 pm

pipechanter wrote:
I've historically tended to be dispassionate about things EW, an exercise in textbook abnormal psychology lol! Not to say I haven't zinged a few people who I (and others) perceived to be all about themselves rather than being in support of Susan.

The situation over there is becoming increasingly pathological, for whatever reason. The most disturbing thing to me is that Pickled Tink and Kalua, et al, are preying on vulnerable individuals who have become dependent on that site for their psychological and emotional well-being. The pressure to adhere to the party line, effected in part through obfuscation and censorship, is reprehensible.



You are so right about the situation becoming pathological over there. They remind me of some of our politicians being interviewed. They just keep repeating the party line, at times stare off in space, and ignore the question.
Back to top Go down
janakimack

avatar

Posts : 10858
Points : 11455
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:28 pm

donaha wrote:
pipechanter wrote:
I've historically tended to be dispassionate about things EW, an exercise in textbook abnormal psychology lol! Not to say I haven't zinged a few people who I (and others) perceived to be all about themselves rather than being in support of Susan.

The situation over there is becoming increasingly pathological, for whatever reason. The most disturbing thing to me is that Pickled Tink and Kalua, et al, are preying on vulnerable individuals who have become dependent on that site for their psychological and emotional well-being. The pressure to adhere to the party line, effected in part through obfuscation and censorship, is reprehensible.



You are so right about the situation becoming pathological over there. They remind me of some of our politicians being interviewed. They just keep repeating the party line, at times stare off in space, and ignore the question.

Typical politicians the world over!!!
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

avatar

Posts : 5255
Points : 5473
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Hotel SBFII   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:11 pm

pipechanter wrote:
I am totally disgusted with Pickled Tink, Kalua, and croonies, and donaha's EW thread about leaving pushed me over the edge. Most of the "active members" there who participate regularly are: 1) naive enough to not realize they are being shamelessly manipulated; 2) truly addicted to the site and incapable of realizing they are being shamelessly manipulated; or 3) consciously complicit in the shameless manipulation by continuing to contribute their "attaboys" and refusing to acknowledge what - given knudt's, Citroenlady's, dyebat's, and lchris' revelations, as well as ongoing and clumsy doublespeak by Pickled Tink, Kalua, and croonies - constitutes a situation that runs totally contrary to all that Susan stands for. If Pickled Tink and Kalua are Sony/Syco puppets in their nefarious actions on that site, shame on Sony/Syco, too.

Pickled Tink's latest clumsy attempt at obfuscation in donaha's thread is laughable, to put it mildly. Oh yes, we're going to believe that anyone requesting membership termination is just doing so on a whim, maybe because feelings were hurt over a post or two. And that it's incumbent upon admin to save that member from her/his impulsive request. Puhleeze! And what's the problem with permitting that member to rejoin at some point in the future? The arrogant stance that EW is the be-all and end-all site for things Susan is wearing thin. Fortunately, there are any number of alternatives for those who are still able, and choose, to exercise their gray matter. If there's a VALID reason for refusing to terminate a membership immediately when requested, other than padding the membership stats, I wish someone would state that.

Well put. It really is the height of arrogance. To think they know a member's feelings and motives better than the member him/herself.

And they wonder why people are pissed off. Huh. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
 
Welcome To The Hotel SBFII
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» SBFII: What they REALLY think of members!
» Yapdogs And Disrupters At SBFII
» SBFII Removes Active Members Number!
» SBFII Board Minutes
» Heartbreak Hotel

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-
Jump to: