HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trolls V Internet Bullies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
toplass

toplass

Trolls V Internet Bullies Empty
PostSubject: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:45 pm

This is a very interesting thread and I recommend every one to take a look. An awful lot of it sounds familiar!

Link to Adminzone thread
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:50 pm

toplass wrote:
This is a very interesting thread and I recommend every one to take a look. An awful lot of it sounds familiar!

Link to Adminzone thread
VERY important lessons to be learned here! If only the people who NEED to learn them-----DO!!!

Last edited by fudgemeister on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:57 pm

What about this comment??

"btw, those bullies can also turn out to be oppresive admins/tyrants (undermining the very communities they were supposed to at least NOT undermine, with no one permitted to voice any forms of contestation)."

pirat pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:12 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

What about this comment??

"btw, those bullies can also turn out to be oppresive admins/tyrants (undermining the very communities they were supposed to at least NOT undermine, with no one permitted to voice any forms of contestation)."

pirat pirat pirat
Absolutely applies to TPTB too!!!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm

The troll and/or trolls at twitter and amazon must weigh(s) 500 pounds for ALL the feeding he/she gets!!!
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:26 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
The troll and/or trolls at twitter and amazon must weigh(s) 500 pounds for ALL the feeding he/she gets!!!

I guess he/she wants a lot of attention and wants to create a disturbance for everyone. 500 pounds is a lot of baggage to carry around.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:33 pm

These gentlemen/ladies differ from trolls in the sense that they are not anti-social, but they are an accepted and sometimes well-respected members who assume a sort of informal and unofficial leadership role. They use this position to intimidate and assert their views on newer and less established members and often push their weight around to mark territorial rights. They will generally try and behave properly, but subtly try and behave like moderators and preach about forum behaviour. They will also turn and insult people as they wish and surprisingly other forum members will turn a blind eye to them. They will usually "adopt" ownership of a single forum or a subforum of a board and hang out there frequently with their clan. (this feature is usually more common in larger forums)

I am trying to figure out who this might pertain to. Who can it be?
Does anyone have an idea as to who it can be?
Who might just fill the bill? Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:54 pm

"Bullying consists of the least competent most aggressive employee projecting their incompetence on to the least aggressive most competent employee and winning."

Tim Field

Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Here is a link to another article---interesting! Seems like anyone we know?!?! Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/532829/online_forum_etiquette_how_to_deal.html?cat=15

I wonder who it can be???
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:21 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Here is a link to another article---interesting!
Here a useful exerpt of that article:

If attacked by a forum bully, disagree politely then get out. Diffuse the situation with silence. Remember, others will read your posts and make determinations about you. Even the most skillful defense will dash up against the walls of the kingdom. Besides, you may have more people rooting for you than you think. Forum bullies are not necessarily liked by the more respected members of the forum, they are merely tolerated because they are part of the inner circle.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:00 am

Very interesting! This post is a bit long, but worth a read:

" . . . . . It's pretty simple in the end. Either you let everyone know you will be there to defend what you set out as their entitlement to the kind of atmosphere you promise or laid out ... or ... you send the signal that posting activity and the risk of losing popular people will guide you. Either way you lose people. Either way you will have aggravation. The question is will you lose people and get aggravated on your terms, or the terms of others?

That doesn't mean you don't have to improve and adjust. I've made decisions and had policies that I wish I didn't. But one of the consistent things I am glad I stuck with was treating everyone the same, no matter how friendly they are to me, no matter how many sweet PMs they send, no matter how popular they are, and no matter how much of a crybaby they are. In fact, one time, I even posted and some of "you" people need to get a life and stop caring so much about who posts what like a damn soap opera. I reminded them that the site was not for that purpose and if they want to go enjoy juvenile drama queen bs the log out button is right there for them. Understand, this was after it was known that people were getting banned here and there, temporarily, and after they would see my warnings within threads. In other words, I wasn't some admin nazi nut, I was simply reinforcing the purpose and focus of the site and how I am not here to babysit emotional retards. Maybe my New York style came out, I don't know, but if you mess with my goals and site, you are not the friend you pretend to be in all your sweet PMs. I don't care how popular you are. I'll get someone who posts just like you but without the baggage. And if I don't, keep in mind I enjoy a life off the internet, so threats only go so far with me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trolls V Internet Bullies   Trolls V Internet Bullies Empty

Back to top Go down

Trolls V Internet Bullies
Page 1 of 1