WAMcKinley
tonnie_rocca
fudgemeister
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Must Be Golden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 am

At SBFII they are asking for donations for 2 bouquets of fruit. These things go for about $80 to $100 each. Total about $200. 90 people are going. That is $2 apiece. What is the need to involve a whole forum in this??? Oh, I forgot, "donations".
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 am

well Fudge, as long as they offer a detailed accounting of the money flow I don't see the problem... Suspect

Were the costs of the bouquets stated?

Last edited by tonnie_rocca on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 am

fudgemeister wrote:
At SBFII they are asking for donations for 2 bouquets of fruit. These things go for about $80 to $100 each. Total about $200. 90 people are going. That is $2 apiece. What is the need to involve a whole forum in this??? Oh, I forgot, "donations".

They will always find a reason to solicit donations;-----and they will always be shifty about how much they collect AND where all that money goes. It's a given, EW.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am

tonnie_rocca wrote:

well Fudge, as long as they offer a detailed accounting of the money flow I don't see the problem... Suspect

Were the costs of the bouquets stated?
I agree tonnie. But, unfortunately, the devil is always in the details! Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2

Last edited by fudgemeister on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:56 am

Why just Susan and Elaine? It takes a whole crew for the whole production. It should just be one fruit basket, that they all can enjoy and share it should also come from the 90 fans going not from the whole SBFII. If each person who can afford to travel and go to opening night and fly across the world then they can afford to tribute a few bucks for the fruit basket.

As my husband works in the flower delivery he saw the product that was suggested and he said it should cost no more than say 100-200 dollars for a good one. If done right it will be made the day of the performance and delivered within an hour or two before the show. He also thinks that if Susan or Elaine gets one each they will just end up giving the fruit basket to family members why, because a single person couldn't finish this at all, it would be wasted. Please consider the idea of donating to your local charities before you donate to this cause. People in your own city starve and Susan will not need this, she is a millionaire and she would ask of you do to the same thing.

Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:27 am

Sassyone wrote:
Why just Susan and Elaine? It takes a whole crew for the whole production. It should just be one fruit basket, that they all can enjoy and share it should also come from the 90 fans going not from the whole SBFII. If each person who can afford to travel and go to opening night and fly across the world then they can afford to tribute a few bucks for the fruit basket.

As my husband works in the flower delivery he saw the product that was suggested and he said it should cost no more than say 100-200 dollars for a good one. If done right it will be made the day of the performance and delivered within an hour or two before the show. He also thinks that if Susan or Elaine gets one each they will just end up giving the fruit basket to family members why, because a single person couldn't finish this at all, it would be wasted. Please consider the idea of donating to your local charities before you donate to this cause. People in your own city starve and Susan will not need this, she is a millionaire and she would ask of you do to the same thing.

I agree with you on that.(in blue)... Popcorn

Yes one big fruit basket to share among all is a great idea. I also agree concerning that those who attend the opening should contribute towards the basket. That is very logical.... Cool
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:46 am

In agreement here as well. One big fruit basket/floral/fruit bouquet for cast and crew (which of course would include Elaine and Susan) and it makes the most sense to me that the people who are attending Opening Night be the ones to contribute. If people -- other Susan fans -- have extra disposable income that they can't figure out how to spend, there are definitely going to be members of their own communities in need of food/shelter and other support that financial contributions could certainly assist. No need to go afar to contribute money to help other people: there are those in everyone's own backyard who are suffering, too.

Also, since it is Elaine who has done a lot of work on this project to bring it to fruition and who will be working very hard on stage for the run of the show, it somehow makes sense to give her something a bit different or larger in acknowledgement here, if people are gung-ho about flowers anyway. A large bouquet for Elaine, a simpler one for Susan? Whatever...... Susan is already getting one heck of a gift: an entire musical based on her life!

Last edited by Clix Pix on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:54 am

I think that the 5000 "active members" at SBFII should be solicited for 4 cents apiece. That is $200. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 am

Clix Pix wrote:
In agreement here as well. One big fruit basket/floral/fruit bouquet for cast and crew (which of course would include Elaine and Susan) and it makes the most sense to me that the people who are attending Opening Night be the ones to contribute. If people -- other Susan fans -- have extra disposable income that they can't figure out how to spend, there are definitely going to be members of their own communities in need of food/shelter and other support that financial contributions could certainly assist. No need to go afar to contribute money to help other people: there are those in everyone's own backyard who are suffering, too.

Well, I'll have to disagree on this one. Ever see how many people make up the cast and crew of any kind of theatrical production?? That poor fruit bouquet would in all probability be decimated long before either Elaine or Susan even knew that there WAS one. Stage hands, lighting crew, electricians, interns, ---all sorts of production people would be on that thing like flies on,-----well, ---you get the picture. If it doesn't go directly to the dressing room of either Susan or Elaine,----I fear it would have a very short life, indeed.
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:00 am

fudgemeister wrote:
I think that the 5000 "active members" at SBFII should be solicited for 4 cents apiece. That is $200. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And you can bet they'll all be giving at LEAST $5.00 or $10.00 apiece. Cha-CHING, cha-CHING!!$$$$$ Shocked Shocked Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:04 am

With regard to the personnel making up any sort of theatrical production, yes, that makes sense, WAM.....there are going to be a heckuva lot of cast and support personnel for that musical, so yeah, maybe they need to have THREE large fruit bowls for them! In your listing you forgot orchestra/musicians, potentially another whole large group of people. I suspect that both Elaine and Susan would rather see this kind of acknowledgment of the cast and crew, the whole team, as a unified group rather than either of them being singled out individually. Undoubtedly each of them will also receive flowers anyway.....
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:12 am

Why not cater for 150 people?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 am

Clix Pix wrote:
With regard to the personnel making up any sort of theatrical production, yes, that makes sense, WAM.....there are going to be a heckuva lot of cast and support personnel for that musical, so yeah, maybe they need to have THREE large fruit bowls for them! In your listing you forgot orchestra/musicians, potentially another whole large group of people. I suspect that both Elaine and Susan would rather see this kind of acknowledgment of the cast and crew, the whole team, as a unified group rather than either of them being singled out individually. Undoubtedly each of them will also receive flowers anyway.....

Well, in my experience (limited that it is), the musicians are usually off in another place, practicing----or in a section like the orchestra pit,------but the cast and stage crew are all intermingled in the stage area, somewhat, and make up a pretty large body of folks. I worked briefly in a smaller arena of that type, a TV newsroom from which the news was also broadcast. I can recall any time food made its way onto the floor of the studio, you could count on your fingers the number of seconds it survived intact. I remember asking some of the young guys, "Do they feed you, where you live??" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:03 am

It seems some people are set to give flowers to Susan and Elaine. Or basket what ever they decide. I feel it is Elaine's night and the cast. Hey what do I know. It also seems some like to contribute that do not go to the event that is their choice and I have a choice not too contribute.
I never understood nor will I why a group of people have the need to give gifts and so on to a woman who I am sure gets stuff from all over the world and who has more than most people. There are so many people that have nothing one can give too who are truly needy. As a Christian it puzzles me. I think we all have our own internal compass we follow.
I think it is also different giving to family or close friends.
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 am

whisper wrote:
It seems some people are set to give flowers to Susan and Elaine. Or basket what ever they decide. I feel it is Elaine's night and the cast. Hey what do I know. It also seems some like to contribute that do not go to the event that is their choice and I have a choice not too contribute.
I never understood nor will I why a group of people have the need to give gifts and so on to a woman who I am sure gets stuff from all over the world and who has more than most people. There are so many people that have nothing one can give too who are truly needy. As a Christian it puzzles me. I think we all have our own internal compass we follow.

I truly think some, at least, are hoping that the giving will endear them to Susan. Somehow she will find out (or they will get the message to her somehow) that they have given the ____whatever____to her, and they hope she will remember it was they who did so. Remember that awful, embarrassing skype some of the Texans did with Susan and Joanne,---or at least they tried to?? At least one woman of the group was insistent that Susan remember that she was the one who sent something-or-other to Susan and kept asking if Susan received it. Then she asked if she should re-send it to be sure Susan received it. It's simply a matter of hoping to be recognized, I think. "Remember me?? I'm the one who sent you the___." They are desperate to leave their mark and have Susan acknowledge them. Kind of pathetic, actually,---this need to be recognized and to be significant in the life of an important person.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:52 am

WAMcKinley wrote:
whisper wrote:

I truly think some, at least, are hoping that the giving will endear them to Susan. Somehow she will find out (or they will get the message to her somehow) that they have given the ____whatever____to her, and they hope she will remember it was they who did so. Remember that awful, embarrassing skype some of the Texans did with Susan and Joanne,---or at least they tried to?? At least one woman of the group was insistent that Susan remember that she was the one who sent something-or-other to Susan and kept asking if Susan received it. Then she asked if she should re-send it to be sure Susan received it. It's simply a matter of hoping to be recognized, I think. "Remember me?? I'm the one who sent you the___." They are desperate to leave their mark and have Susan acknowledge them. Kind of pathetic, actually,---this need to be recognized and to be significant in the life of an important person.

If a person realizes that they too are important that each person is important than they would not have that need to find recognition from another person..That recognition will come from within......
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 am

They want to go. Great! I hope the play is a smashing success, and the members from SBFII have a wonderful time. But this should NOT be an occasion for SBFII to have a fund raiser off of it. As WAM said, most people will probably send either 5 or 10 dollars apiece. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that they will collect more than the bouquets AND flowers cost, if they send donations like that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:25 am

Asking the alleged loonies to donate money to those in need is pointless. How do you think they made all their money in the first place? By screwing money out of people who probably couldn't afford it! The poor are just people they shoot past in their chauffeur driven Rolls on the way to get their nails done. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Admin wrote:
Asking the alleged loonies to donate money to those in need is pointless. How do you think they made all their money in the first place? By screwing money out of people who probably couldn't afford it! The poor are just people they shoot past in their chauffeur driven Rolls on the way to get their nails done. Rolling Eyes

Wow,---Susan fans in chauffeur-driven luxury cars??? I'd like to know who that is,-----other than maybe Demi Moore and Dolly Parton!! Shocked Suspect Any clues??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
Admin wrote:

Wow,---Susan fans in chauffeur-driven luxury cars??? I'd like to know who that is,-----other than maybe Demi Moore and Dolly Parton!! Shocked Suspect Any clues??

Yup, Welfare pays well in the UK! Wink
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:14 am

Admin wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yup, Welfare pays well in the UK! Wink
First class all the way!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Remember, children, this is the Susahumor forum. We do parodies here. And, if I may say so,---they're done very well!!-- Wink Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Don't forget that there's still time to vote on what kind of music you'd like to hear on Susan's 4th CD:

https://susahumor.forumotion.com/t5176-what-style-of-music-would-you-like-to-hear-on-susan-s-4th-cd
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Admin wrote:
Don't forget that there's still time to vote on what kind of music you'd like to hear on Susan's 4th CD:

https://susahumor.forumotion.com/t5176-what-style-of-music-would-you-like-to-hear-on-susan-s-4th-cd

Yes, on to other things, please. Seems the theatrics are over at last,-----at least for this time. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

bajaraquel

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 am

Now, I'd think that opening night of a play would involve lots of nerves of everyone and eating fruit before performing would be hard to handle. Elaine should get flowers. Collecting money and donating crates of fruit to a soup kitchen, homeless shelter or orphanage in Newcastle would honor Susan much more than any boquet that could be bought. Then I've seen group gifts for Susan lose their meaning and become about the givers all too often. C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:48 am

It now appears that they're seriously considering spending thousands of $ sponsoring a commercial football (soccer) team. Why? If they're supposed to be a non-profit fansite, how do they have the kind of money to do that, and why would they spend it in such a way? Sponsorships are essentially just a form of ongoing advertising, so why would a non-profit fansite need ongoing advertising? The truth is, even if a load of new members suddenly showed up, they'd ban most of them anyway! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Admin wrote:
It now appears that they're seriously considering spending thousands of $ sponsoring a commercial football (soccer) team. Why? If they're supposed to be a non-profit fansite, how do they have the kind of money to do that, and why would they spend it in such a way? Sponsorships are essentially just a form of ongoing advertising, so why would a non-profit fansite need ongoing advertising? The truth is, even if a load of new members suddenly showed up, they'd ban most of them anyway! Rolling Eyes

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Too, too true!!! Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 pm

"The players all played at once without waiting for turns, quarrelling all the while, and fighting for the hedgehogs; and in a very short time the Queen was in a furious passion, and went stamping about, and shouting 'Off with his head!' or 'Off with her head!' about once in a minute.
Alice began to feel very uneasy: to be sure, she had not as yet had any dispute with the Queen, but she knew that it might happen any minute, 'and then,' thought she, 'what would become of me? They're dreadfully fond of beheading people here; the great wonder is, that there's any one left alive!'"
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland----Lewis Carroll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must Be Golden Fruit   Must Be Golden Fruit Empty

Back to top Go down

Must Be Golden Fruit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-
Jump to: