teatime
Clix Pix
bernicer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bernicer

bernicer

Video of a M&G Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:45 pm

EDITORIAL
There was a comment made yesterday as to why fans were not allowed to video a M&G with Susan. First of all we, her fans, are not her "family". As much as we would like to be family, we are just fans(her public). Second, anything that is placed on Youtube and shared soon becomes public, especially when the video is of a world wide celeb. That is not the fault of this or any other forum, it is the responsibility of the party/parties who placed it on Youtube. Susan belongs to the world now, and is not our cute auntie caught on video for laughs. I don't know about you, but I would not put my family videos on Youtube.
I recall a video that I saw that did not exhibit Susan in the most positive light, and it could possibly have been harmful to her image. In this video she said some expletives (holy s**t). I'm sure her management was not too happy, as that video could have made it's way into the hands of the tabloids.
I'm glad Andy did not allow, and I hope he will continue to not allow any more videos of Susan in casual settings, it's just too risky. JMHO
I will also add, I placed my comments on this forum, because I would be not be allowed to express my opinion certain places. Thank you, DJG.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:49 pm

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
teatime

teatime

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Great editorial,very well written. cheers clapping
Back to top Go down
terijay

terijay

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks- those were also my thoughts. Andy has been in the business 43 years. He knows part of his job- a large part- is to protect his client.

I knew when I saw that last unsupervised "Holy S---T" video on forums as well as YOUTUBE, that Andy would not be pleased. That was over a year ago, so they learned.
This is when Joanne was in charge but she possibly had less experience than he has.
I am glad he is protecting her image, and 9 times out of 10, nothing would be wrong with a private video, but there is always that CHANCE.
And no, I would not post a "family video" on YOUTUBE or even Facebook for that matter.
I think it was great that they allowed still photos!! Very nice. Popcorn
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:24 pm

terijay wrote:
Thanks- those were also my thoughts. Andy has been in the business 43 years. He knows part of his job- a large part- is to protect his client.

I knew when I saw that last unsupervised "Holy S---T" video on forums as well as YOUTUBE, that Andy would not be pleased. That was over a year ago, so they learned.
This is when Joanne was in charge but she possibly had less experience than he has.
I am glad he is protecting her image, and 9 times out of 10, nothing would be wrong with a private video, but there is always that CHANCE.
And no, I would not post a "family video" on YOUTUBE or even Facebook for that matter.
I think it was great that they allowed still photos!! Very nice. Popcorn

Yes, I like the stills also. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:12 pm

they are as much as Susan's Family as Tomatoes are vegetables. And another note: she's not Our Susan, or Lady Susan, or St Susan, she's just Susan. There's a few videos of Susan with those fans that makes my skin crawl. It's rude to touch, or even kiss a star unless they want the physical contact. Most stars have very little privacy, and that includes their personal space. I heard accounts of a fan that got in Susan's way while she tried to leave the theatre and she wasn't allowed to until a certain fan got her kiss and hug, then demanded if she got the presents she made them. If they (as in this group of fans) treated her with a lot more respect, then they might have a lot more leeway with videos and such.

There's another video besides the "Holy Sh!t" video that was wrong. She was on a skype call, you could tell she wasn't interested in the call, as the tv was on and she was more or less trying to watch it. It's also crossing that personal space that clearly those fans don't care about. When I saw that video, it made me cringe, this could really ruin Susan. If it got into the tabloids and they saw it...they could have done anything to make her look so bad.

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Way to go Berne. Great viewpoint. Smile

I don't know how long it will take for some "fans" to believe and see the reality that they are.... NOT..... Susan's family. If they don't want their YouTubes viewed by others .... STOP..... posting them there. It is just that simple.

Back to top Go down
gday

gday

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks for posting DJG's editorial Bern. It's about time Andy has finally drawn the line about not allowing M & G videos. I'll enjoy whatever photos shots are allowed.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:17 pm

gday wrote:
Thanks for posting DJG's editorial Bern. It's about time Andy has finally drawn the line about not allowing M & G videos. I'll enjoy whatever photos shots are allowed.

I agree.... sunny
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 pm

gday wrote:

No, I didn't write that.
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Admin wrote:
gday wrote:

No, I didn't write that.

No, he did not. I wrote it and was allowed the privilege of posting on this forum.
BTW, I did get the message to Gday, she just misunderstood.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm

I heard someone is threatening legal action (for a change) if her photos are posted on another forum. Do not worry, you are NO Ansel Adams!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:18 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
I heard someone is threatening legal action (for a change) if her photos are posted on another forum. Do not worry, you are NO Ansel Adams!
hahaha what?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:34 pm

fudgemeister wrote:

Yup, we're not on the 'approved list' so it would seem. Legal action my fat hairy arse! Laughing Laughing (Oh dear, that's bullying of fat hairy arses! I'll get sued for that as well! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 am

Did you ever notice that when a person says--this is not about me......that it is ALWAYS about that person. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:40 am

fudgemeister wrote:
Did you ever notice that when a person says--this is not about me......that it is ALWAYS about that person. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Heck yes. Smile

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:15 am

Hmm yes - if it's not about me, then why announce it with so much fanfare? Twice! jazz
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:08 am

Terrific editorial, Bernicer. Very well said, and it surely wanted saying.
Regrettably, those who need to read it most would be "protected" from that opportunity.
Thank you, Bernicer. And thank you DJG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of a M&G Etiquette   Video of a M&G Etiquette Empty

Back to top Go down

Video of a M&G Etiquette
Page 1 of 1