HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 New SBFII Banner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 57953
Points : 62717
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: New SBFII Banner   Sat May 05, 2012 10:06 pm

The new banner at SBFII sucks beyond belief!!! I did not even know that that was Elaine C Smith. And what the hell does Rab Nesbitt have to do with Susan? BTW, what was wrong with the previous banner??


Last edited by fudgemeister on Sun May 06, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 57953
Points : 62717
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sat May 05, 2012 10:14 pm

I see how it is a "fan run" forum! No No No No
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 57953
Points : 62717
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Hey, Judy, what the hell was the point of members voting for banners?? confused confused confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15034
Points : 17726
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sun May 06, 2012 1:26 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Hey, Judy, what the hell was the point of members voting for banners?? confused confused confused confused confused

Well, because this train wreck of a 'banner' has been cobbled together by one of their new chosen ones. A bit of schmoozing with the ladies who lunch will get you everywhere! If you also convert to whatever religion these old dears are (and I can never really tell) then you're straight into the inner circle! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 57953
Points : 62717
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sun May 06, 2012 2:42 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
I see how it is a "fan run" forum! No No No No
Well, circ has answered the question. The banner stays whether the members like it or not!
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46163
Points : 47388
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sun May 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Really? What a stunning show of disrespect for their members. Are they deliberately trying to alienate them and run them off?

I guess they really aren't interested in getting new members, either, as certainly one look at that banner would be an instant turn-off, not to mention that it would be more than confusing. Most Americans wouldn't have a clue as to who Elaine C. Smith is in the first place, and wouldn't have heard of her playing the role of "Mary Doll" in "Rab C. Nesbitt," which is a UK-centric television show. Yet Elaine is more prominent on this banner than Susan herself. So whose fan site is this supposed to be, again?
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

avatar

Posts : 8982
Points : 10038
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : Rome, Italy

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sun May 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
Really? What a stunning show of disrespect for their members. Are they deliberately trying to alienate them and run them off?

I guess they really aren't interested in getting new members, either, as certainly one look at that banner would be an instant turn-off, not to mention that it would be more than confusing. Most Americans wouldn't have a clue as to who Elaine C. Smith is in the first place, and wouldn't have heard of her playing the role of "Mary Doll" in "Rab C. Nesbitt," which is a UK-centric television show. Yet Elaine is more prominent on this banner than Susan herself. So whose fan site is this supposed to be, again?
I'm trying to remember what it said before: The Susan Boyle Forum, or The Susan Boyle Fansite? Anyway, now it says: the Susan Boyle Musical... Suspect
ETA: it used to say Susan Boyle Fans International...
cash cash cash cash
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 57953
Points : 62717
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sun May 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Mods over there have no problem deleting posts left and right, except if it is one of their own posts or creations! Given the reaction, one would think that the designer of the banner would not want it to represent the site. Just goes with what we have been saying for the longest time here--Orwell's Animal Farm comes to mind!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sun May 06, 2012 9:40 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
Really? What a stunning show of disrespect for their members. Are they deliberately trying to alienate them and run them off?

I guess they really aren't interested in getting new members, either, as certainly one look at that banner would be an instant turn-off, not to mention that it would be more than confusing. Most Americans wouldn't have a clue as to who Elaine C. Smith is in the first place, and wouldn't have heard of her playing the role of "Mary Doll" in "Rab C. Nesbitt," which is a UK-centric television show. Yet Elaine is more prominent on this banner than Susan herself. So whose fan site is this supposed to be, again?
I'm trying to remember what it said before: The Susan Boyle Forum, or The Susan Boyle Fansite? Anyway, now it says: the Susan Boyle Musical... Suspect
ETA: it used to say Susan Boyle Fans International...
cash cash cash cash
Are they getting paid to promote the musical? Also, they steal work, and backgrounds of the musical website. It sure looks shifty for them to ignore their own rules and adding banners that didn't win the banner contest.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Sun May 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
Really? What a stunning show of disrespect for their members. Are they deliberately trying to alienate them and run them off?

I guess they really aren't interested in getting new members, either, as certainly one look at that banner would be an instant turn-off, not to mention that it would be more than confusing. Most Americans wouldn't have a clue as to who Elaine C. Smith is in the first place, and wouldn't have heard of her playing the role of "Mary Doll" in "Rab C. Nesbitt," which is a UK-centric television show. Yet Elaine is more prominent on this banner than Susan herself. So whose fan site is this supposed to be, again?
It doesnt' have anything to do with this article, now does it?
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/276720/Rab-C-show-lands-Susan-Boyle-for-a-song-Rab-C-show-lands-Susan-Boyle-for-a-song-Rab-C-show-lands-Susan-Boyle-for-a-song-Rab-C-show-lands-Susan-Boyle-for-a-song it gets confusing to change the name of the site all the time, they should stick to a name, it turns people off forums if you change it all the time.
Back to top Go down
bernicer

avatar

Posts : 12208
Points : 12836
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 72
Location : Missouri, USA

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Mon May 07, 2012 12:07 am

It saddens me that an original has become a place where it is their way or the highway. Sad
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46163
Points : 47388
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Mon May 07, 2012 12:19 am

To me, this banner situation is serious because it clearly is ripping open and laying bare another far more serious situation, and that is the clear disdain, casual disregard and total lack of respect for their members which is being blatantly displayed by the so-called "leadership" of SBFII and a few of their toadies. Something is very, very wrong there, and it is increasingly obvious day by day.

I really hope that the fans who are supposed to be "owners" of that site DO speak up, DO ask questions and challenge the leadership for answers if those answers are not forthcoming. Otherwise, it's not really a "fan-owned" site at all, is it?
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 57953
Points : 62717
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Mon May 07, 2012 12:21 am

Clix Pix wrote:
To me, this banner situation is serious because it clearly is ripping open and laying bare another far more serious situation, and that is the clear disdain, casual disregard and total lack of respect for their members which is being blatantly displayed by the so-called "leadership" of SBFII and a few of their toadies. Something is very, very wrong there, and it is increasingly obvious day by day.

I really hope that the fans who are supposed to be "owners" of that site DO speak up, DO ask questions and challenge the leadership for answers if those answers are not forthcoming. Otherwise, it's not really a "fan-owned" site at all, is it?
It truly would have been under Dyebat!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Mon May 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
To me, this banner situation is serious because it clearly is ripping open and laying bare another far more serious situation, and that is the clear disdain, casual disregard and total lack of respect for their members which is being blatantly displayed by the so-called "leadership" of SBFII and a few of their toadies. Something is very, very wrong there, and it is increasingly obvious day by day.

I really hope that the fans who are supposed to be "owners" of that site DO speak up, DO ask questions and challenge the leadership for answers if those answers are not forthcoming. Otherwise, it's not really a "fan-owned" site at all, is it?

You know it is serious, if there was a banner contest and they were told that the top whatever winners would have time on the banner, and then all of the sudden two favorite members takes precedence over the winners then they are honoring the rules, and can just over ride any thing at any given time.

I wish they would hire a really good professional graphic designer too, the images are always out of focus, blurry or there's spelling errors, plus they should link back to each URL that they have in the header/banner. That's what real sites do. This is a fan site, yes, but it should have better management then this. They want to be taken seriously, then they need to keep to a single theme. Create one design and use it for a year. God even Facebook keeps to a single theme for a year.

I'd do it for them, but no amount of begging, and apology from them would make me wanna crawl back to them. They could even unload a dump truck load of money for me, and I would say "no thank you" but it's not worth it. And what's with some fans who work freaking hard year round creating buttons, and logos, without being prompted or told too. Just does it, and that person isn't an honorary fan? But two moderator/retired admin gets it? Well, I will leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Haak

avatar

Posts : 1101
Points : 1130
Join date : 2010-08-06
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Tue May 08, 2012 2:49 am

I'll give Clarissastar credit for giving a more coherent explanation regarding the new banner popping up out of the blue.

Yes, she stood up and took the credit or blame whichever one prefers to call it. I can easily see the staff handing out an assignment such as this and Clarissastar doing as she was told without thought. When you are relatively new at this game one usually defers to those who have the experience. After all it was just a banner.

The lesson that the staff still don't seem to grasp is the fact that even though they are volunteers, they still answer to the membership, not to each other. They owe the membership the courtesy of keeping them informed of each and every decision made which isn't related to technical operations.

Clarissastar is angry about people who speak before thinking. Well perhaps staff/mods who take an action or pursue a folly without thinking about the ramifications have a great deal to do with the attitudes of those who speak up.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Tue May 08, 2012 7:30 pm

they need to learn a simple word: transparent.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 57953
Points : 62717
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Tue May 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Sassyone wrote:
they need to learn a simple word: transparent.
transparency:Dyebat::opacity:SBFII
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New SBFII Banner   Fri May 11, 2012 5:36 am

Not to drive away from the actual topic, but I'm on a crafting site for knitters and crocheters and recently they had a logo contest that will be used on their own material and all the logos are good. ALL OF THEM are either original or they used the logos that the owners allowed to be used in the designs.

Here's the link it's open to the public, just look at how wonderful they all are. PLUS most of them are vectors which is what you're supposed to do when you create a new logo.

Hint to SBFII this is how you create new ideas and logos and how you run a site. I've never ever encountered an issue on this site and they are good people.

http://www.ravelry.com/contests/bag?page=1

Let me know if you cannot see the link, if not then I guess you'll have to be a member, and well, crafting isn't for everyone. hehe
Back to top Go down
 
New SBFII Banner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New SBFII Banner
» SBFII: What they REALLY think of members!
» Yapdogs And Disrupters At SBFII
» SBFII Removes Active Members Number!
» SBFII Board Minutes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-
Jump to: