HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46442
Points : 47691
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Actually, the article that was posted on SBFII was incomplete -- the individual making that post took some liberties with editing out certain words, phrases and one whole section.

Anyone who has a library card to a library system which has a subscription to the same database (Gale's InfoTrac Custom Newspapers) also has access to this article -- the complete and unexpurgated version, just as the original author wrote it and intended it to be read. The database is available through visiting your local library and using one of their computers. Better yet, even more conveniently, the database can be accessed online right on your own computer at home. What? No library card? Isn't this a good time to check out what's available at your public library?
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Plus EVEN I CAN READ IT!!!!!affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid It is on a PUBLIC thread!!!!

"Remember, remember, this date forum member
The Boyle War article and plot.
I know of no reason why the Boyle War season
Should ever be forgot!"

ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL


Last edited by fudgemeister on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robert the Bruce

avatar

Posts : 11352
Points : 11606
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Yes, I lived in Moscow in '93 when all the shooting and fighting was going on and censors removed articles from the newspapers. A friend of mine was actually doing a dissertation on censorship and knew the head censor doing it.

In the Soviet case [pre-1993] librarians and Party officials often used the excuse that the libraries classified such [foreign] materials to have restricted access in order to "protect" those materials. Just as many folks opposed women voting to "protect" them from the vulgarities of politics.

There is a lot of 'prior restraint' going on at SBFII. Stopping things before they start.
Back to top Go down
Robert the Bruce

avatar

Posts : 11352
Points : 11606
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
Actually, the article that was posted on SBFII was incomplete -- the individual making that post took some liberties with editing out certain words, phrases and one whole section.  

Anyone who has a library card to a library system which has a subscription to the same database (Gale's InfoTrac Custom Newspapers)  also has access to this article -- the complete and unexpurgated version, just as the original author wrote it and intended it to be read.   The database is available through visiting your local library and using one of their computers.   Better yet, even more conveniently, the database can be accessed  online right on your own computer at home.  What?  No library card?  Isn't this a good time to check out what's available at your public library?
I do use my local [Bethesda] library and its resources.

Hell, I'm at the LoC right NOW!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15229
Points : 18005
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Howdy to the lots of guests here now!!
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

avatar

Posts : 51699
Points : 53012
Join date : 2009-10-11
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:01 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Howdy to the lots of guests here now!!
All 45 of them. Smile


Last edited by Wabbit on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
terijay

avatar

Posts : 23351
Points : 23492
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

whisper wrote:
No discussion about an open news article concerning Susan ...?
I thought that other forum was members owned and members run..? Members are more silencend than not....Shocked 
Has it by any chance turned into a forum run in the image  of mods, Admin and board...?   Totalitarian systems operate like that and I know a little of that.
I am surprised women of the free world subject themselves to a board that silences its members.What a shame and is soooooo sad.....What a Face Crying or Very sad pale
It is very very sad.
Back to top Go down
Robert the Bruce

avatar

Posts : 11352
Points : 11606
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:13 pm

It's weird!

And, in the long run, not in the best interest of the board.

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

avatar

Posts : 51699
Points : 53012
Join date : 2009-10-11
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Admin wrote:
 Would you believe I actually understood....... that. Smile

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Robert the Bruce

avatar

Posts : 11352
Points : 11606
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19736
Points : 19974
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 pm

SBFII bill themselves as the "go to" place for Susan news. If that's true, why do so many seem to come here for the complete story?? Maybe this is the real place for all the news about Susan, after all. And this guest section isn't even the half of it!-----silent Shocked 
Back to top Go down
whisper

avatar

Posts : 13446
Points : 13780
Join date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
  SBFII bill themselves as the "go to" place for Susan news.   If that's true, why do so many seem to come here for the complete story??   Maybe this is the real place for all the news about Susan, after all.   And this guest section isn't even the half of it!-----silent Shocked 
Maybe we should invite these nice people to come in and see what a free board is like...Basketball 


Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15229
Points : 18005
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
whisper

avatar

Posts : 13446
Points : 13780
Join date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 pm

laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry 
Back to top Go down
dyebat

avatar

Posts : 3419
Points : 3576
Join date : 2010-08-19
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:52 pm

I believe the article may represent not only a turning point for herself, but also for her "brand". Enough happened after the disaster at DWTS last winter to produce the astounding concert series in Scotland. Again and again I think of the prophetic song written for her "This will be the year".  Now that she knows and follows up on what it takes to be a professional (showing up, adequate preparation, artistic control, etc.) and CAN PRODUCE LIVE as well as in the studio, will her team move away from the image of poor, damaged little Susan, who must be praised and protected at any cost (along with her sisters/brothers and her cousins and her aunts), to a competent artist who can take constructive feedback from her fans (get to your next gig in enough time to get some rest and protect your voice, and stop trying to fulfill your hapless brother's unrealistic plans!) ?

And as far as poor EW is concerned, will they move away from their destructive censorship if the PR image changes, or have they locked themselves into a prison they can't escape from?
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

avatar

Posts : 8986
Points : 10042
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : Rome, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 pm



Dyebat, from day one I have considered you the wisest of us/them all... sunny  sunny  sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Robert the Bruce

avatar

Posts : 11352
Points : 11606
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:11 pm

That's right Dye, it IS a turning point for her brand, as well.

And, I like that Team Boyle had enough confidence in her to let her make the decision about the concert.

I do hope the Odeon thing comes through for both her, and for Gerry - and the area. I hope that project has some traction for them all.
Back to top Go down
Thornton



Posts : 1380
Points : 1380
Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Robert the Bruce wrote:
That's right Dye, it IS a turning point for her brand, as well.

And, I like that Team Boyle had enough confidence in her to let her make the decision about the concert.

I do hope the Odeon thing comes through for both her, and for Gerry - and the area.  I hope that project has some traction for them all.
But what makes you think that Gerry is capable of dealing with the renovation/running of the Odean? Has he proven that he can do something other than dream up grandiose projects?
Back to top Go down
Robert the Bruce

avatar

Posts : 11352
Points : 11606
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Thornton wrote:
Robert the Bruce wrote:
That's right Dye, it IS a turning point for her brand, as well.

And, I like that Team Boyle had enough confidence in her to let her make the decision about the concert.

I do hope the Odeon thing comes through for both her, and for Gerry - and the area.  I hope that project has some traction for them all.
But what makes you think that Gerry is capable of dealing with the renovation/running of the Odean? Has he proven that he can do something other than dream up grandiose projects?
I didn't say I thought he could. I just hope it works out.
Back to top Go down
monkey

avatar

Posts : 6524
Points : 7114
Join date : 2011-04-06
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Professionally, Susan will not be the wee wifey anymore. She seems to finally understand the power she has. I thin k she is indeed content, and applaud her for it.
Back to top Go down
Robert the Bruce

avatar

Posts : 11352
Points : 11606
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 pm

monkey wrote:
Professionally, Susan will not be the wee wifey anymore. She seems to finally understand the power she has. I thin k she is indeed content, and applaud her for it.
That's better than any award.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:38 am

They are busy cleaning up a thread over there. Wait a minute.....maybe this would be a good acquisition for them.

laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry 
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:43 am

I heard there is a lecture going on about respecting Susan's privacy and her hometown. Given the source, I actually was flabbergasted after laughing so hard for 15 minutes. Just check some very early threads from 2009 and 2010 and see if there was respect for Susan or her hometown. What Chutspah!!!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:59 am

Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:21 am

fudgemeister wrote:
I heard there is a lecture going on about respecting Susan's privacy and her hometown. Given the source, I actually was flabbergasted after laughing so hard for 15 minutes. Just check some very early threads from 2009 and 2010 and see if there was respect for Susan or her hometown. What Chutspah!!!
And if I am lying then I am not almost 64 1/2 years old. Want to check my birth certificate? Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Judy.....dedicated just to you!! The forum you want.




Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:52 am

My advice--put everyone on pre-moderation and then you will not have to delete and sanitize posts. It would sure give the mods a needed rest.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:11 am

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:10 am

Awfully strange goings-on at SBFII. On a site where you literally have to worry about every sentence you post; be it about Susan, her family, non-Susan stuff, religion, AND definitely politics; there seems to be a no-holds-barred approach with the twitter account. There it is ok to argue with tweeters they do not agree with, and now to even argue over Scottish independence because Susan is against it. TRY doing that on the forum and see what happens. You get a visit from Love, Truus.
Back to top Go down
nevermore

avatar

Posts : 7501
Points : 7544
Join date : 2011-02-16
Location : near New York City

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:09 am

I told her yesterday what a travesty it is for her to delete ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE and then sign her PM "Love ". And how very much it hurts people to have their harmless posts deleted and watch much worse crap left alone because one of the untouchables wrote it.
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19736
Points : 19974
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:52 pm

nevermore wrote:
I told her yesterday what a travesty it is for her to delete ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE  and then sign her PM "Love ".  And how very much it hurts people to have their harmless posts deleted and watch much worse crap left alone because one of the untouchables wrote it.  
________________________________________________________________

 clapping   clapping   clapping   clapping   clapping 
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:02 pm

A mod there is now saying that SBFII has NO control over what the tweeter posts ON the SBFII twitter account!!! Is this possible??? It makes no sense whatsoever. They are more concerned over what 100 members read on their private forum, than what millions on twitter might read from the SBFII tweeter!! If this is true the admin and/or board there might want to change such a ridiculous policy.

I personally know from reading twitter and FB that there are many people out there who really believe that SBFII officially represents Susan. The admin there should do all in its power to dispel that notion entirely.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 61369
Points : 66305
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:51 am

Hate to say I told you so....but, I told you so. The admin over there is saying that the staff suffered from burn out and their stress level was too high! That is the cost of incessant censorship. They are busy every minute of every day....being vigilant in their cause! But look at the toll! No 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy   

Back to top Go down
 
Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» Censoring--It Does Not Come Easy
» HARUKAZE [Chords & Tabs]
» SCANDAL BABY Chords & Tabs
» Aitai easy chords
» It's So Easy

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-
Jump to: