HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Response To Musictchr

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tonnie_rocca

avatar

Posts : 8982
Points : 10038
Join date : 2009-09-20
Location : Rome, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:54 am



Oh, SBFII is SBFII, and Susahumor is Susahumor,
and never the twain shall meet,
(..)

But there is neither SBFII nor Susahumor,
border, nor breed, nor birth,
When two strong people stand face to face,
though they come from the ends of the earth!

And especially when Susan is singing...


Very free from Kipling LOLflag hiding


Self-criticism: you'd better stick to chipping stones... laughcry laughcry laughcry
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
donaha

avatar

Posts : 6570
Points : 6809
Join date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:00 pm

I would like to add my thanks to Dyebat and Emmylou for their thoughtful and intelligent posts. One of the reasons I went looking for a different viewpoint was because of Dyebat's departure from SBFII and the reasons behind it. I missed her intelligent posts and went searching for her as well as other people who loved Susan, but were honest and not influenced by social cliques and pandering. I found that place here and the freedom to express yourself here with no repercussions, plus the discussion of Susan and her career is great.


Last edited by donaha on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

avatar

Posts : 28543
Points : 32358
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 pm

donaha wrote:
I would like to add my thanks to Dyebat and Emmylou for their thoughtful and intelligent posts. One of the reasons I went looking for a different viewpoint was because of Dyebat's departure from SBFII and the reasons behind it. I missed her intelligent posts and went searching for her as well as other people who loved Susan, but were honest and not influenced by social cliques and pandering. I found that place here and the freedom to express yourself here with no reprecussions, plus the discussion of Susan and her career is great.

I agree with everything you have said, Donaha. I second your post and definitely thank Dyebat and Emmylou.
Back to top Go down
bernicer

avatar

Posts : 12274
Points : 12906
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 72
Location : Missouri, USA

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:55 pm

cheering cheering cheering cheering Thanks Dyebat and all, very meaningful posts. hug
Back to top Go down
nevermore

avatar

Posts : 7501
Points : 7544
Join date : 2011-02-16
Location : near New York City

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Nevermind


Last edited by nevermore on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gday

avatar

Posts : 1892
Points : 1934
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Bravo- Dyebat and Emmylou. I do believe for the majority here, that our appreciation and love for Susan is genuine and constructive among a variety of opinions. That's why I like it here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15096
Points : 17810
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Now they've branded us 'toxic' while claiming they never visit here in the very same sentence! How does that work then? Assumptions again! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 59051
Points : 63883
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Admin wrote:
Now they've branded us 'toxic' while claiming they never visit here in the very same sentence! How does that work then? Assumptions again! Rolling Eyes
THIS IS the toxic site!!??!!??!!?? laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 59051
Points : 63883
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Just what I have ALWAYS been saying-----an admission about how there is favoritism by the admins towards certain members!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15096
Points : 17810
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Admin wrote:
Now they've branded us 'toxic' while claiming they never visit here in the very same sentence! How does that work then? Assumptions again! Rolling Eyes
THIS IS the toxic site!!??!!??!!?? laughcry laughcry laughcry

Apparently, we've been branded 'toxic' by committee, so individual members don't need to form an opinion of their own. They wouldn't dare anyway! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
kakariki

avatar

Posts : 2957
Points : 3280
Join date : 2011-01-14
Age : 51
Location : San Diego, CA USA

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Admin wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
Admin wrote:
Now they've branded us 'toxic' while claiming they never visit here in the very same sentence! How does that work then? Assumptions again! Rolling Eyes
THIS IS the toxic site!!??!!??!!?? laughcry laughcry laughcry

Apparently, we've been branded 'toxic' by committee, so individual members don't need to form an opinion of their own. They wouldn't dare anyway! Laughing

What is really ridiculous is that other sites have NOTHING to do with their problems at hand! So why do certain people trot out with bashing other sites? Answer: DEFLECTION from the fact that the problems are internal and systematic. Oh, brother!
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

avatar

Posts : 49560
Points : 50855
Join date : 2009-10-11
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 pm

kakariki wrote:
Admin wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
Admin wrote:
Now they've branded us 'toxic' while claiming they never visit here in the very same sentence! How does that work then? Assumptions again! Rolling Eyes
THIS IS the toxic site!!??!!??!!??

Apparently, we've been branded 'toxic' by committee, so individual members don't need to form an opinion of their own. They wouldn't dare anyway! Laughing

What is really ridiculous is that other sites have NOTHING to do with their problems at hand! So why do certain people trot out with bashing other sites? Answer: DEFLECTION from the fact that the problems are internal and systematic. Oh, brother!

WE get it... they don't. I doubt they ever will..... sad, really.
Back to top Go down
bernicer

avatar

Posts : 12274
Points : 12906
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 72
Location : Missouri, USA

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Saying an "other site" is the problem, quite a stretch this time. They are doing quite well arguing with their own "same people". Popcorn Popcorn
And I wouldn't touch that thread even if I could figure why it was started in the first place. I'm feeling pretty good about being here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

avatar

Posts : 49560
Points : 50855
Join date : 2009-10-11
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 am



WHO...... ???????????
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46301
Points : 47538
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 am

I think it is shameful that members of that other site are busy playing around and "partying" when someone has brought up some very serious issues, things which do need to be looked at and resolved. Apparently her first thread was closed before she had had an opportunity to finish expressing her concerns so she started another. I can understand how that would not be seen as a "nice" or "happy" thing to do in their La-La-Land of a forum, but sometimes reality bites. That forum isn't Disneyland, "the happiest place on earth." That member brought up some extremely valid concerns regarding moderation on that site, regarding the fact that one of that forum's rules, Rule #8, has been flagrantly disregarded and openly broken for the last little while ("how someone could be allowed to build a business on the back of the Forum") and there are other critical issues as well. Seems to me that since SBFII is supposedly a legal entity, a nonprofit organization registered in the state of Delaware, USA, that they would need to be mindful of potential illegal or unethical activities. Even if they aren't aware of these or are aware but just don't care, sooner or later the appropriate authorities would be interested and, um, yes, probably some unpleasant consequences could follow......

Conflict of Interest is usually taken pretty seriously, and I daresay that on SBFII they have a pretty blatant case of that, with a board member/board treasurer who also has her own little business, one which she has blatantly advertised on that fan forum? In fact she continues to promote her wares to forum members..... Shouldn't this be a matter of grave concern to the IRS and other authorities who deal with nonprofit organizations? I would think so........
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 59051
Points : 63883
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 am

Just a reminder...this place here is NOT a not-for-profit, and the Boss DOES sell a lot of crap!

http://shop.susahumor.com/

ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46301
Points : 47538
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:23 am

So once again a thread has been closed -- why? So as to prevent something really nasty (maybe even dishonest, unethical and/or illegal) from coming out into public view? To prevent members from asking questions about a few other members who have continued to sell and promote their wares on SBFII? From what I understand, some people wondered why these concerns were expressed publicly rather than privately in PM..... Seems to me that since the organization is a nonprofit, supposedly "member-owned," that everything SHOULD be discussed publicly and openly among the membership there. Aren't the members there (the few who are still left, that is) the ones who are the "owners," and as such, why shouldn't they be concerned about situations that occur there?
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

avatar

Posts : 2626
Points : 2785
Join date : 2011-07-06
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 am

Shocked WE are toxic? There is so much accusation, resentment, favoritism, jealousy, in-fighting and repression over there, it is as toxic as Tokyo at peak hour. pale
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 59051
Points : 63883
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:30 am

Tweek??????? Tweek??????? Tweek?????? OMG, there are FAR worse violators of rule #8 there. FAR WORSE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

avatar

Posts : 49560
Points : 50855
Join date : 2009-10-11
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:35 am

fudgemeister wrote:
Tweek??????? Tweek??????? Tweek?????? OMG, there are FAR worse violators of rule #8 there. FAR WORSE!!!!

ALWAYS has been FREE BUTTONS as far as I know.

Other members there... I am not so sure. A lot of questions on rule #8.


Last edited by Wabbit on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46301
Points : 47538
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 am

I think anyone who is fussing about Tweek and her buttons is not seeing the real picture there.....the much more insidious picture....... They need to pay more attention to those who are in leadership roles there.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 59051
Points : 63883
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:38 am

I want to know how we are going to be blamed for this latest brouhaha! Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

avatar

Posts : 2626
Points : 2785
Join date : 2011-07-06
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:47 am

Sometimes, I just have to Grit my teeth at the duplicity of the admins and mods over there ape ape
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

avatar

Posts : 49560
Points : 50855
Join date : 2009-10-11
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:51 am

Emmylou wrote:
Sometimes, I just have to Grit my teeth at the duplicity of the admins and mods over there

I know what you mean.



Can you believe this.???? . Oh by the way, you have a PM from me. Smile

Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46301
Points : 47538
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:58 am

NICE one, Emmylou!!!!!! Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

avatar

Posts : 9788
Points : 10523
Join date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:18 am

Wabbit wrote:
Emmylou wrote:
Sometimes, I just have to Grit my teeth at the duplicity of the admins and mods over there

I know what you mean.



Can you believe this.???? . Oh by the way, you have a PM from me. Smile




Yes, Little Tiger did stir up some crap and WE are not to blame!


Last edited by TxTammy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46301
Points : 47538
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 am

It seems to me that the recently-expressed concern about solicitation and members of SBFII selling items on that forum is rather well-founded; here is just one example, written by a member who is in a rather key position there:

"But with the holidays approaching, I don't want anyone to miss out if indeed they want a hand-painted shirt.....so I am posting here the link...."

Other examples include people who have created books (I don't want to say "written," as that is actually not quite accurate; perhaps "compiled" is a better choice of words) and who again actively have in the past or are now currently are marketing those on the forum, too.





Back to top Go down
TxTammy

avatar

Posts : 9788
Points : 10523
Join date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:35 am

Why pick on Tweek? I am sure they did not calculate the postage of those buttons. The buttons may not have cost much much but the postage might have, especially if it was a rush order and had to be shipped Priority Post.
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

avatar

Posts : 2626
Points : 2785
Join date : 2011-07-06
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 am

Clix Pix wrote:
It seems to me that the recently-expressed concern about solicitation and members of SBFII selling items on that forum is rather well-founded; here is just one example, written by a member who is in a rather key position there:

"But with the holidays approaching, I don't want anyone to miss out if indeed they want a hand-painted shirt.....so I am posting here the link...."

Other examples include people who have created books (I don't want to say "written," as that is actually not quite accurate; perhaps "compiled" is a better choice of words) and who again actively have in the past or are now currently are marketing those on the forum, too.






Hahahha - yes, those 'books' too - your librarian-ness has revealed yet another backyard bizniz going on. Good one! LOLflag



Back to top Go down
Wabbit

avatar

Posts : 49560
Points : 50855
Join date : 2009-10-11
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:30 am

TxTammy wrote:
Why pick on Tweek? I am sure they did not calculate the postage of those buttons. The buttons may not have cost much much but the postage might have, especially if it was a rush order and had to be shipped Priority Post.

If picking on Tweek makes them think they are scoring points they are wrong. It ony goes to show how little they are.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

avatar

Posts : 46301
Points : 47538
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : ɐsn `ɐʌ ɟo ɥʇlɐǝʍuoɯɯoɔ

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:36 am

Emmylou wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
It seems to me that the recently-expressed concern about solicitation and members of SBFII selling items on that forum is rather well-founded; here is just one example, written by a member who is in a rather key position there:

"But with the holidays approaching, I don't want anyone to miss out if indeed they want a hand-painted shirt.....so I am posting here the link...."

Other examples include people who have created books (I don't want to say "written," as that is actually not quite accurate; perhaps "compiled" is a better choice of words) and who again actively have in the past or are now currently are marketing those on the forum, too.

Hahahha - yes, those 'books' too - your librarian-ness has revealed yet another backyard bizniz going on. Good one! LOLflag


Actually, it was something that another member here reminded us about, the books..... I was more focusing on the person who is in a leadership role at SBFII who was hawking her hand-painted t-shirts there, but, yes, the people selling their books also would need to be scrutinized in the same way.

Actually, it seems to me that since SBFII is a nonprofit organization, legally speaking, aren't they skating on thin ice with some of this stuff?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 15096
Points : 17810
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Just a reminder...this place here is NOT a not-for-profit, and the Boss DOES sell a lot of crap!

http://shop.susahumor.com/

ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL

I haven't had any orders yet! Bawl Bawl Bawl I thought the alleged loonies were all wealthy enough to afford our crap?! Bawl Bawl
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 59051
Points : 63883
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 pm

It is like a broken record over there.

My last post. New post. My last post. New post. My last post. New post. My last post. New post........ sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping

Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

avatar

Posts : 19547
Points : 19785
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 73
Location : Concord, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Admin wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
Just a reminder...this place here is NOT a not-for-profit, and the Boss DOES sell a lot of crap!

http://shop.susahumor.com/

ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL LOLflag ROFL

I haven't had any orders yet! Bawl Bawl Bawl I thought the alleged loonies were all wealthy enough to afford our crap?! Bawl Bawl
____________________________________________________________________

But Boss,---consider your shipping time?? A lot of them would be dead by the time the crap,---uh,-----the stuff arrived!!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

avatar

Posts : 59051
Points : 63883
Join date : 2010-10-25
Age : 68
Location : NYS

PostSubject: Re: Response To Musictchr   Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Just a steady turnstile filled with members who keep charging favoritism. Ongoing, and it never ends. It must be true. No No No No No
Back to top Go down
 
Response To Musictchr
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-
Jump to: