WAMcKinley
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Susan is to tour the USA in October/November 2014, performing in 21 locations:

http://www.susanboylemusic.com/gb/news/item/susan_announces_north_american_tour/
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Not anywhere near the northeast or NYC.   This will be a great disappointment to a lot of U.S. fans!!---  Crying or Very sad silent  Texas gets a big ol' shout-out, though!!---  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Clearly, CA, TX, FL and the south constitute the U.S. to some people. SO disappointed, here. pale 
Back to top Go down
trennie

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:06 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
Not anywhere near the northeast or NYC.   This will be a great disappointment to a lot of U.S. fans!!---  Crying or Very sad silent  Texas gets a big ol' shout-out, though!!---  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad   Clearly, CA, TX, FL and the south constitute the U.S. to some people.   SO disappointed, here. pale 

WAM, according to the OS, this is the FIRST LEG of Susan's concert tour. She'll be back to hit the northern tier. The question is in fall 2014 or spring 2015.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:15 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
Not anywhere near the northeast or NYC.   This will be a great disappointment to a lot of U.S. fans!!---  Crying or Very sad silent  Texas gets a big ol' shout-out, though!!---  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad   Clearly, CA, TX, FL and the south constitute the U.S. to some people.   SO disappointed, here. pale 
Well, based on attendance at the UK tour, I think the decision makers felt that it would be best to hit the "retirement zones" in the USA.
Back to top Go down
trennie

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:39 pm

trennie wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:

WAM, according to the OS, this is the FIRST LEG of Susan's concert tour.  She'll be back to hit the northern tier.  The question is in fall 2014 or spring 2015.

The way I read the announcement,---this is the first part of her world tour, not the first part of her U.S. tour. I read nothing to indicate that a second part to the U.S. tour was in the offing. Maybe one is,---but this message didn't say that.
Back to top Go down
terijay

terijay

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:17 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:

I think they plan to do a northern tour also.  It was mentioned by Andy. he said something about it to fans in the UK when they went to those concerts... They are not leaving out the north or Canada.  This is the first leg.
Back to top Go down
terijay

terijay

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:19 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Well, based on attendance at the UK tour, I think the decision makers felt that it would be best to hit the "retirement zones" in the USA.

You are likely correct,  as they have to sell tickets or it will be cancelled entirely. It makes total sense to me.  In fact, I think that is why Arizona is on the schedule.  And why there are FIVE Florida dates.  It is her demographic-- like it or NOT. IT IS FACT based on the people who go to her shows and even sometimes show up at her home door.  They are older people.  FACT
Back to top Go down
trennie

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:22 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:

Fudge, where have you been. It's been well known for 5 years that Susan's fan base are baby boomers, of whom she is one. They didn't have to wait for the UK tour to confirm that. Alot of baby boomers have retired, but Susan hasn't.
Back to top Go down
terijay

terijay

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:24 pm

trennie wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:

Fudge, where have you been.  It's been well known for 5 years that Susan's fan base are baby boomers, of whom she is one.  They didn't have to wait for the UK tour to confirm that.  Alot of baby boomers have retired, but Susan hasn't.

Very true.  I am one and so is Fudge, for that matter (LOL)
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:27 pm

trennie wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:

Fudge, where have you been.  It's been well known for 5 years that Susan's fan base are baby boomers, of whom she is one.  They didn't have to wait for the UK tour to confirm that.  Alot of baby boomers have retired, but Susan hasn't.
Trennie--those people in the audiences had a good 10-20 years on me, and I am nearly 65. My point has always been to give her some material from the 60s, 70s, and 80s to sing...she might just get people in their 40s and 50s also showing up in the audience.
Back to top Go down
terijay

terijay

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:35 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
trennie wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:

Trennie--those people in the audiences had a good 10-20 years on me, and I am nearly 65. My point has always been to give her some material from the 60s, 70s, and 80s to sing...she might just get people in their 40s and 50s also showing up in the audience.

She has done songs from those years. "Wild Horses," "You'll See," "DayDream Believer," and songs from "Phantom of The Opera" which debuted in 1986. Recently on tour, she sang "Hold Me" which Mel Carter made famous in 1966, as well as an Adele song ( forget the name of it- but it is recent)
The issue is that the 40 and 50 somethings are all working still, and likely do not hear Miss Boyle sing, especially in the USA. She is not played on the radio here.
Back to top Go down
trennie

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:37 pm

terijay wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
trennie wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:

She has done songs from those years.  "Wild Horses,"  "You'll See," "DayDream Believer,"  and songs from "Phantom of The Opera" which debuted in 1986.  Recently on tour, she sang "Hold Me" which Mel Carter made famous in 1966, as well as an Adele song ( forget the name of it- but it is recent)
The issue is that the 40 and 50 somethings are all working still, and likely do not hear Miss Boyle sing, especially in the USA.  She is not played on the radio here.

Middle aged singers aren't played on the radio anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:04 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
trennie wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:

I daresay that many of Susan's fan base are OLDER than the "baby boomers."  People who are in their 70's and upwards........  The very ones who are living in places like Arizona and Florida.   Yep, looks as though the road show is hitting the "Bible Belt" and the "Retirement Belt" on this first go-around.   Maybe in the spring of 2015 the tour will come to the rest of this large country (including some major urban areas in the MidAtlantic states and further north)  as well as mosey on across the border to our Northern neighbor, Canada.

Teri, the "Adele song" is "Make You Feel My Love," which actually was written by Bob Dylan.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Now there are plans in the works for meet and greets with Susan. I have a suggestion---how about one in every city--21 in all. This will satisfy everyone, and it should be no big deal for Susan since she will be there anyway. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor 
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Wait!! Idea Idea Better idea! Idea Idea  A 24 hour constant meet and greet on Susan's bus every day!

Last edited by fudgemeister on Fri May 30, 2014 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:04 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Now there are plans in the works for meet and greets with Susan. I have a suggestion---how about one in every city--21 in all. This will satisfy everyone, and it should be no big deal for Susan since she will be there anyway. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor 

With Susan's jam packed schedule one would think they would think more of her than their selves. She hardly has a day off and all the traveling let alone performing for 21 days.
Back to top Go down
kakariki

kakariki

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:30 pm

fudgemeister wrote:

How about one at every truck-stop and rest stop along the tour route! The caravan of RV's and susafanmobiles behind the tour bus will be there anyway!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Susan to tour USA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susan to tour USA!   Susan to tour USA! Empty

Back to top Go down

Susan to tour USA!
Page 1 of 1