Clix Pix
knudt
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
johnnycake

johnnycake

We did NOT do it - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Toplass wrote:
Toplass wrote:
Admin wrote:
lulu wrote:
Jan-usa wrote:
Actually, this was a fun little interlude and hopefully, those who read it will take away with them the true spirit of this place.
As you can easily see, staying on topic is a bit of a stretch for us and derailing a thread is generally the rule and not the exception.

But I do agree 100% with Clix.

This is a serious thread that deserves our continued respect.

Thank you knudt for starting this very important thread.
oh my Jan, I almost can hear you saying : thanks for your time Rolling Eyes

Or 'thank you for your understanding in this matter'! Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing Twisted2

Great post.

I agree
clapping dancesanta pressie1 Dog Dance cheering
Back to top Go down
CattyWumpus

CattyWumpus

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 pm

I just want to thank Knudt for starting this thread and to say that I totally agree with all the statements in it.

Also thanks to BHS for the Spanish lesson. censored
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Jan-usa wrote:
ok ok I'll go back to my room.....................
but if you'd let me out more often, these things wouldn't happen.
flushed

oh no come back, stirpot we love you here! Cheeky
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Admin wrote:
lulu wrote:
Jan-usa wrote:
Actually, this was a fun little interlude and hopefully, those who read it will take away with them the true spirit of this place.
As you can easily see, staying on topic is a bit of a stretch for us and derailing a thread is generally the rule and not the exception.

Or 'thank you for your understanding in this matter'! Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing Twisted2

Oh look! A chicken!!! geek

I've just noticed - we don't even have an Off Topic emoticon here . . . !! So I'll insert my personal favorite instead . . . Fart
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Admin wrote:
lulu wrote:
Jan-usa wrote:

I agwee... what else can I say !! Plenty but I don't have the time... Smile

We did NOT do it - Page 2 610452 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 610452 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298

Marianne
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:53 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thunderstorm finally over, I am in the process of getting ready for the trip but had to look up something on the computer so thought I'd pop in a moment, too....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:53 pm

lulu wrote:
Admin wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
I know a little French and I'm guessing that "mierda" in Spanish means the same as "merde" in French....

Too bad we can't see each other on here, or I could also show you that word in sign language!!! LOL!

I know how to sign bullsh*t if that'll help! Wink
well I didnt want to translate it in an open for public thred but if you insist, it says

"another day, same shite" Embarassed

Or, being translated into the American, "Another day, same shit." LOLflag We don't put an "e" on the end.

More precisely, the expression in English (at least in America) is, "Same shit, different day," a.k.a. "SSDD."

And seriously, I created the signature on a whim before we created the publicly-posted threads. But at least on this side of the pond, it's a very very mild "cuss" word, and the expression is generally very tongue-in-cheek, not as pessimistic as it may seem at first glance to anyone not familiar with it. If indeed there is anyone on the planet who ISN'T familiar with some version of it or another! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Jan-usa wrote:
As you can easily see, staying on topic is a bit of a stretch for us and derailing a thread just comes naturally.

Thank YOU for using the sidetracks as an object lesson in how easily we all get sidetracked. cheering I think it's good to demonstrate the spirit of the place, and anyone who's going to get the serious point we were making has surely picked up on it by now!
Back to top Go down
Jan-usa

Jan-usa

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks Bo and my apologies all around for sounding so completely ippidy. Embarassed
Geez, I told my kids to take me out in the woods and shoot me when I started doing that stuff.
So if I suddenly drop of the radar one day, you'll know what happened. Firing

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:58 am

We did NOT do it - Page 2 2i8kwm9

Marianne
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:41 am

Jan-usa wrote:
I am new here as well, and I can say without question the following is true.

If you are looking for the culprits who sabotaged your site, then you have definitely come to the wrong place.
If you are looking for a conspiracy to overthrow your site and take power, then you are genuinely lose and off course.
But...if you care to be among people who are every bit as disgusted, dismayed and repulsed by the events you have endured on your site and would like nothing more than to see those responsible brought to justice, then you are definitely in the right place.
Welcome.
Bingo, Jan. Nutshell. Bullseye. Write on!
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:23 am

By my last count, I belong to six Susan fan sites, and I've posted on all of them when I had something to say. I've only been here a few months, because I didn't know this site existed. It's a delightful place to be. There are no eggshells underfoot, my tongue doesn't get sore from biting it, and my feet don't ache from tiptoeing. From my very first post I knew I was in the company of kind, bright, witty people who love Susan and love to laugh.

The troubles at our big sister fan site are entirely home-grown. I've never read such vituperation or ill-will toward fellow members on any fan site, anywhere else, ever. I applaud Dyebat's efforts to institute real change. I hope the perspective becomes broader, more inclusive, less judgmental of those with differing opinions. Let me echo what I read from everyone here, without a single exception: We wish our sister site well. Many of us are members there too. No one wants to control you, or destroy you, or take over your turf--that is, no one here. I would ask those who point accusing fingers this way, why aren't you tending your own garden? It would seem you have plenty of weeding to do.

And one more thing: Yes, we do make fun of you. That's because you are funny. So are we. The difference is, we're proud of it. So next time you go reading spoofs to sharpen your outrage, why not try looking for the funny part instead. If you don't see it at first, look again. It is there.

Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:35 am

skywriter wrote:
By my last count, I belong to six Susan fan sites, and I've posted on all of them when I had something to say. I've only been here a few months, because I didn't know this site existed. It's a delightful place to be. There are no eggshells underfoot, my tongue doesn't get sore from biting it, and my feet don't ache from tiptoeing. From my very first post I knew I was in the company of kind, bright, witty people who love Susan and love to laugh.

The troubles at our big sister fan site are entirely home-grown. I've never read such vituperation or ill-will toward fellow members on any fan site, anywhere else, ever. I applaud Dyebat's efforts to institute real change. I hope the perspective becomes broader, more inclusive, less judgmental of those with differing opinions. Let me echo what I read from everyone here, without a single exception: We wish our sister site well. Many of us are members there too. No one wants to control you, or destroy you, or take over your turf--that is, no one here. I would ask those who point accusing fingers this way, why aren't you tending your own garden? It would seem you have plenty of weeding to do.

And one more thing: Yes, we do make fun of you. That's because you are funny. So are we. The difference is, we're proud of it. So next time you go reading spoofs to sharpen your outrage, why not try looking for the funny part instead. If you don't see it at first, look again. It is there.

That is a super post, Skywriter. Absolutely the truth! clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am

skywriter wrote:

I agree 100%. If I have a beef with our sister site, it is that many of its members take Susan and themselves waaaaay too seriously. Remember the Susan we were all drawn to by that initial audition? She is quirky, cheeky, funny, earthy. We do her a disservice by demanding that everyone genuflect and speak in hushed tones around her. Susan is quite capable of seeing the humor in a situation, and the humor in herself. I think she'd enjoy the banter here. We honor her by laughing with her, not at her; with each other, we who were brought together by her; and by not placing her on a pedestal.
Back to top Go down
sue2

sue2

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am

skywriter wrote:

Such true words. And fair. Hope they reach the right ears.

Last edited by sue2 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:25 am

Nothing like freedom of expression !! Smile

Last edited by mdillow31 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

bajaraquel

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:20 am

Hey Bossman! Skywriter got us back On topic again with a fantastic post and elegant to boot, can you ban her? Give her a warning? Take her cookies away or some sort of evil moderation. I mean really, this site staying on topic it will ruin our hard earned reputation of being rogues. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:31 am

Let's Rock With Elton...... PHILADELPHIA FREEDOM... Smile

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:10 am

skywriter wrote:

Very well said...... Smile

We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298 We did NOT do it - Page 2 146298

Marianne
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:49 am

We did NOT do it - Page 2 2jg1h5w

Marianne
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Thank You Canadian Bill for peeking in...and also for going off topic in your own thread and creating this beautiful statue!

We did NOT do it - Page 2 TROPHY

Feel free to join us, ndcoop.....your hilarious friends will welcome you!
Back to top Go down
Lucy

Lucy

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:10 am

The folks here are having too much fun and laughter to hack a web site. I think the web site would need to be worth hacking too.

The word hacking has me thinking of my poor kitty with a hairball. Lucy
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 am

The real reason we are here!

Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 am

[quote="TxTammy"]The real reason we are here!

That is beautiful. Thanks for posting it TxTammy.
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:21 am

TxTammy wrote:

That says it all.... that's what were all about..... love for Susan Boyle !!!!

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Marianne
Back to top Go down
johnnycake

johnnycake

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:10 am

TxTammy wrote:

Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:05 am

TxTammy wrote:
Thanks Tammy, it's one of the most beautiful combinations of voice and images I have encountered.

Go Susan, you're doing well...
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:49 am

It is an honour and a privilege to know so many good, intelligent and witty people as are on DJG's site. The "other site" has now become so boring, vindictive and nasty that I seldom bother to go there.

I totally support and respect both Dyebat and Lchris' incredible generosity of spirit, the time they have spent in sincerely wanting to buy the site to give it back to the members in a transparent way.

I am heart-broken at the mayhem that has been caused on the site and hope that one day the culprits will be able to look at themselves honestly and deeply and realize the grief and upset they have caused to so many innocent people who sincerely love and admire the wee lady from Scotland: Susan Boyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:00 pm

johnnycake wrote:
TxTammy wrote:

Beautiful.

Thank you TxTammy for the video this is beautiful. Yes that is the reason we are here. This lady brought us all together.

hug
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:08 pm

TxTammy wrote:

So beautiful. Tammy, you've got the magic touch. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Jan-usa

Jan-usa

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks Tammy. One of Janeway's finest.......not to mention, one of Susan' as well.
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Jan-usa wrote:
Thanks Tammy. One of Janeway's finest.......not to mention, one of Susan' as well.
Good you mentioned Janeway... thanks (admin, can we please have a "wings to fly" smiley", I'll send it to you).
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I notice that since a thread was started at "the other forum" noting the laissez-faire style of this site, questioning why members of this site would want to visit that more heavily moderated site, and admonishing members of this site to abide by all rules of that site when there - that there seems to have been an up-tick in membership here. Just wondering if that's coincidental - - - ?? We did NOT do it - Page 2 Confused

Alrighty, enough deep thotts - back inside for the fun & games! We did NOT do it - Page 2 Icon_geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:29 pm

We did NOT do it - Page 2 Drive_10
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:30 pm

We did NOT do it - Page 2 I53ghh

hug hug hug hug

Last edited by TxTammy on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We did NOT do it   We did NOT do it - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We did NOT do it
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Revelations-