toplass
Admin
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
whisper

whisper

DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:13 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
tonnie_rocca wrote:

Hi Wam, no it's volcanic stone that has naturally accumulated, since times immorial, from the hilltop into that valley: our prince didn't have to move or import a single stone, just chip away...

Yes, my kids loved it all, I have to find the occasion to bring the grandkids there, but this year the Dutchies are not coming, so in May I will move northwards for a week or so... Very Happy

Volcanic stone?? I wouldn't have guessed that. All volcanic rock I've ever seen is very dark,----black, mostly. Now I'll have to do some research. I was sent some volcanic ash after Mt. St. Helens erupted in Washington state a few decades ago and was able to work it nicely into a glaze for pottery. It was nothing really spectacular, but had a pleasing opalescence to it. Don't know what or if volcanic rock emerged from that explosion.
Anyhow, most interesting sculptures. Even a "split" mermaid!----- Shocked I'd love knowing what thought was behind THAT!

Cannot even imagine... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Wasn't a ballet pose, I'll betcha!!!! LOL!

Those scultpures are absolutely fascinating, Tonnie! Really amazing, both the work and that guy's imagination!
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Absolutely fascinating again, Tonnie. Thanks for sharing!!!
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Fantastical, wonderful sculptures. Thank you, tonnie!
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Removed. Double Posting.

Last edited by mdillow31 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:15 pm

mdillow31 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Guests, notice how we can go way off topic here and nobody really cares!? Wink It's called conversation, just as it happens in real life! Now on some more draconian forums folks would have been banned for that! Rolling Eyes

True ... so here goes....it has been reported that Elton John and David Furnish have been invited to The Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton but nothing on who will be singing at the wedding. I hope Susan gets an invitation too. She deserves it. Smile
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Admin wrote:
Guests, notice how we can go way off topic here and nobody really cares!? Wink It's called conversation, just as it happens in real life! Now on some more draconian forums folks would have been banned for that! Rolling Eyes
And in the Staff chat thread they would be saying this, "Those damn pitas are off topic again! What shall we do with wet noodle Pixy! We need a STFU button for that bastard, DJG! Just got a pm from fudgemeister complaining for a change! You all want to read it for a good laugh? I just sent him the following pm--Thank you fudge, I will look into your concerns. You ARE a valuable member. That should shut that pita up for a while!" Twisted2 lol! Twisted2 lol! Twisted2 lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Admin wrote:
Guests, notice how we can go way off topic here and nobody really cares!? Wink It's called conversation, just as it happens in real life!

Sir, dear Admin, Sir, please define "real life".....??? Shocked confused study

laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor

I'm glad we go off topic. I've enjoyed looking at those pictures, and am thinking my son will have to visit this place if he ever travels overseas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Fudge, you're not a pita. Chocolate and pita don't mix. Wink
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
Volcanic stone?? I wouldn't have guessed that. All volcanic rock I've ever seen is very dark,----black, mostly. Now I'll have to do some research. I was sent some volcanic ash after Mt. St. Helens erupted in Washington state a few decades ago and was able to work it nicely into a glaze for pottery. It was nothing really spectacular, but had a pleasing opalescence to it. Don't know what or if volcanic rock emerged from that explosion.
Anyhow, most interesting sculptures. Even a "split" mermaid!----- Shocked I'd love knowing what thought was behind THAT!
This is more or less the stone, it's hard but not too much, thus good for sculptures... it may be a euro thingy, anyway very ita... Very Happy Very Happy
The folk name for it is "peperino", but there are many varieties of it. It has a rough feeling, not smooth like lava.

I have a quarry nearby where I live, and guess who dwell there close by: a few sculptors...

DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 86510
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 am

It seems to be classified as a type of granite----or close to granite in composition,----although granite isn't volcanic in origin. Here in NH where I live, we have lots of granite. In fact, NH is called "The Granite State." A lot of our granite went to Wash, D.C. to be used in many of the federal buildings and monuments. Peperino has a lot of the same qualities of granite in its rough texture and "peppery" inclusions,---and looks to have a lot of the crystalline aspects granite has. Probably has a similar appearance when sanded and polished, too. Many newer homes in the US feature granite countertops in their kitchens. They're strong and impervious to damage. Great for rolling out pastry dough (surface stays cold),-----but murder on knife blades!!
Back to top Go down
xjsarah

xjsarah

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 am

Admin wrote:

I agree. Very Happy

I was always surprised by how much this sort of thing was and is frowned upon EW, whereas on just about any other Internet forum it's pretty much the norm. My (admittedly limited) understanding of conversational dynamics is that the natural flow of multi-way conversation can involve a change of topic from time to time, while not preventing a return to the original topic if desired.

No wonder there are so many threads EW. New topic, new thread! Very confusing for me, at any rate. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:20 am

Well, more likely than not, someone will enter a new thought about the original topic of the thread at hand-----and we'll be off and running once again. It's just that the flow of thinking tends not to run in a straight line, but branches off in any number of directions,---sometimes wildly divergent. Happens in here all the time! Popcorn Sometimes with wonderfully surprising results!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:35 am

WAMcKinley wrote:
Well, more likely than not, someone will enter a new thought about the original topic of the thread at hand-----and we'll be off and running once again. It's just that the flow of thinking tends not to run in a straight line, but branches off in any number of directions,---sometimes wildly divergent. Happens in here all the time! Popcorn Sometimes with wonderfully surprising results!

It's called thinking. Wink DJG not only allows it, he encourages it. affraid
Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

bajaraquel

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:01 am

We need an Off Topic Anonymous
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:32 am

bajaraquel wrote:

Hi. My name's WAM. I'm a habitual free-thinker. cheers (Unrepentant, too! Wink )
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:44 am

WAMcKinley wrote:
bajaraquel wrote:

Hi. My name's WAM. I'm a habitual free-thinker. cheers (Unrepentant, too! Wink )
Fudgemeister To Moderator L. Fudgemeister to Moderator L. She is free thinking again! She is free thinking again! OY VEY! No No No No No No No No No No No lol!
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:05 am

WAMcKinley wrote:
It seems to be classified as a type of granite----or close to granite in composition,----although granite isn't volcanic in origin. Here in NH where I live, we have lots of granite. In fact, NH is called "The Granite State." A lot of our granite went to Wash, D.C. to be used in many of the federal buildings and monuments. Peperino has a lot of the same qualities of granite in its rough texture and "peppery" inclusions,---and looks to have a lot of the crystalline aspects granite has. Probably has a similar appearance when sanded and polished, too. Many newer homes in the US feature granite countertops in their kitchens. They're strong and impervious to damage. Great for rolling out pastry dough (surface stays cold),-----but murder on knife blades!!
It's not granite, it contains crystals but is not crystalline, it is less hard and with a rougher surface, good for buildings and for rather coarse sculptures.
How to transmit the "feeling" of a material??? Popcorn

Imagine a hot and dense cloud of gas and volcanic splinters, heavy enough to follow the course of a valley, then cooling and consolidating...

It's not a euro/ita exclusive, you have similar things as well in the US, look for "ignimbrites"... From Wikipedia: Huge deposits of ignimbrite form large parts of the Sierra Madre Occidental in western Mexico. In the western U.S., massive ignimbrite deposits up to several hundred metres thick occur in the Basin and Range Province, largely in Nevada, western Utah, southern Arizona, and north-central and southern New Mexico, and Snake River Plain.

I'm sorry for being really off topic now, but it seemed urgent.. over and close now laughfloor laughfloor
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:43 am

Poor old SBFII member. She never did find an interesting post! Wink

DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 AX030337
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:13 am

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:15 am

WAMcKinley wrote:
bajaraquel wrote:

Don't look at me for any hint of repentance in that regard. Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2

COME TO SUSAHUMOR!!!

FREE THOUGHT!!!!

FREE SPEECH!!!!!

FREE GEFILTE FISH!!!!!

latky latky latky

...and maybe a few latkes on the side. Hoot. birdy2
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:00 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
bajaraquel wrote:

Don't look at me for any hint of repentance in that regard. Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2

COME TO SUSAHUMOR!!!

FREE THOUGHT!!!!

FREE SPEECH!!!!!

FREE GEFILTE FISH!!!!!

latky latky latky

You are making me hungry....

...and maybe a few latkes on the side. Hoot. birdy2

You are making me very hungry affraid
Back to top Go down
trennie

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Admin wrote:
As you may know, I (DJG-Scotland) was banned from the ‘red scarf forum’ (now known as SBFII) in September 2009 without warning and for no sensible reason. During the period (7 days) of that ban a statement was posted in a public section of that forum making all sorts of libellous accusations against me, none of which were true. The membership, however, decided to believe it and what was basically a hate campaign was started against me and anyone who happened to be a member of my SusaHumor forum. On 24 December 2009 I was permanently banned without any warning or reason, and still don’t know why. A month or so later all my posts were completely removed, and I was wiped off their database. The first ban was supposed to be because I was being funny in the ‘wrong’ places, or what they called ‘hijacking threads’. It was clear to me that it was all a complete fabrication, but proving that wouldn’t be easy. However, it has recently come to light that the ‘staff’ (mods, admin, owner) of the forum had private threads running regarding me and the bans. I now have a full copy of those threads, which clearly reveals how I was basically ‘fitted up’. These threads are very lengthy (I must be really evil!) and some of the information in them is irrelevant (staff can go off topic, but mere members would get warned for such evil acts!). I present here genuine extracts from the threads, which I hope will go some way to clearing my name. I have added my own comments where applicable. Some names have had to be removed for legal reasons.

The private thread starts with this posted by a moderator at the time (no longer ‘staff’):

“This is concerning DJG continually placing poster comedy in the more serious discussion threads.....I was informed of another incident……… what is even just as concerning is his statements which are intended to stir up the membership against the moderator group…………. So the point is are we going to allow him to do this yes or no? I would say not.”

My comment: I did not ‘continually’ do anything. I tried to explain that sometimes the cartoons had to go along with the news stories to make any sense, but these people have zero sense of humour and refused to understand this.

Moderator D:

“I don't like it, and probably never will. His attitude is what ires me. No sanction, no warning, makes it OK for him to hijack threads. He will become a loose canon, IMO, and it won't be funny. I don't see the point of having a section for humor if he is going to post all over the place, it makes no sense to me. I don't see it as a housekeeping issue, in that what he does is divert attention from the thread theme.”

My comment: Just because you don’t have any sense of humour is no justification to ban someone who has.

Admin (no longer ‘staff’):

“I agree that we should impose a temp ban on DJG ….. While I appreciate his humor most of the time, there are others where he is clearly hijacking an otherwise serious thread. And in the post with which [Mod] opens the thread, DJG is also clearly thumbing his nose at the moderators. I have been close to asking for sanctions against his behaviour in the past, and I think he has gone over the line in this case.”

My comment: They don’t understand the concept of humour.

Moderator (no longer ‘staff’):

“My only question is about how much/what to say when members ask why DJG has been banned. Is there a short "official" statement for us to work from? I've already got a PM from [member], asking calmly about him... Just don't know how much to say, so I'd like guidance on that.”

Moderator L:

“We need to come up with a public statement of some sort. The members are thinking it was because of the "bus" project - they have no idea why this has come about. They're begging for an explanation and/or a reversal. We gotta do something or we're gonna have a mutiny on our hands.”

My comment: Yes, that’s right. Ban him then make something up! See, even the ‘staff’ didn’t really have a clue why they banned me.

Previous owner:

“Yes, I have just read thread and this could get messy, maybe a small statement as ….. has suggested?”

My comment: Yes, they didn’t think people would even notice – wrong!

“What is DJG's frame of mind as a result of this? I mean, is there any predicting what he will say to people who contact him? “

My comment: I was banned without warning – how do they think I was feeling?

Moderator L:

“I'm still trying to think of what to say - any ideas? What goes on in mod stays in mod - this could be a bit tricky to explain. Uh, er, um. Oi vey!!!”

My comment: Yes, keep dreaming up some bullsh*t reason, because there’s no real reason of course.

[Discussion of the statement]

Moderator L:

“Sounds good, [mod], way better than what I was composing. I won't even put mine up - quite honestly I don't know everything that went down.”

My comment: You don't actually know what 'went down' but you're going to ban me anyway? Nice!

“If we post that as an FYI sticky and *if* we calmly and pleasantly just send people to read it as they ask (without adding any editorial comments LOL), we will avert mutiny, I think.”

My comment: That’s right, cover your own asses. Don’t want the loonies to think you might be making crap up do we?!

Previous owner:

“You may have noticed that there have been several new threads regarding DJG's ban to which have now been deleted. Please could staff close any new threads regarding 'DJG' that may pop-up and point members to [Mods] 'note to members'”

My comment: Yes, that’s right – let’s try and hide it now that we know people didn’t react well.

“Our good friend Mr DJG keeps going on and on and on.....and quite frankly I keep wondering how long it is that we're going to keep allowing him to spit in our face? I would say he gave a very clear insinuation that we were guilty of libel against him …………… . I would contend if people are brought back to recall what actually did tick off Mr DJG to begin with they might finally come to their senses and recoginize that he was and is indeed acting in a very juvenile fashion in other words "Big deal your precious little thread was moved or deleted ! Get over it!" I further would suggest there is nothing about cautions, or warnings which will do it for this guy and he'll be laughing his head off if we even seek to work through that process. I woudn't recommend banning him imediately however but I would seek everyones agreement to allow me to put down this post and see where it goes from there. Thank you kindly for your time.”

My comment: It’s called trying to defend myself.

Admin K:

“I know that you are exasperated by DJG as we all are, but i will advice to be patient and whenver he launches a taunt not to answer. He is testing us to see what our reaction would be, if we retaliate he will launch a full atack. I know it is hard but patience is a virtue. He, [2 other SusaHumor members] are here waiting like "*ç%& to see what will we say or how we will react.”

My comment: Nice way to talk about your members! Now I wonder what word he had in mind when he called us "*ç%&?

“I agree with you K, on this matter. We can not reply to DJG in kind.”

My comment: Yeah, he might find out we’re lying!

Admin P:

“The trouble he is he may think he is being funny - to him form what I can see everything is a total joke. I always let it go over my head - he isn't worth the damage to my blood pressure. I think D’s approach is spot on - say thanks and wrong foot him and move on.”

My comment: Yeah, evil this humour thing! Sour-faced bitch!

Moderator L:

“I just mostly ignore him. He obviously likes attention, so I refuse to engage him.”

My comment: Yeah like I’ve got nothing better to do!

[A lengthy and pointless discussion takes place about an innocent post I made about libel laws in the UK, and whether I was accusing them of libel or joking]

“No reaction to DJG without my permission. I believe it in our best interest not to react to DJG directly, either publicly in the Forum, or privately via PM, without my express prior permission.”

My comment: Yes, even the ‘staff’ aren’t allowed to do anything unless admin tells them to. What a joke!

Former owner:
“After numerous warnings, I have decided to ban DJG-Scotland from our forum. This member continues to disrespect our fansite, continues to spam and continues to cause unrest. I have banned all IP Addresses for this member, I did not publicly post to banning or contact DJG, I am sure he will know why he has been banned.”

My comment: What 'numerous warnings'? No I do not know why I was banned permanently. I emailed asking why but never received a reply.

Admin K:
“Well done [owner]”

“Well I'd say he's got a list of reasons a mile long to choose from as to why he was banned unless he has thrown away his list...good decision [owner].”

Admin P:
“Fair enough - but we can expect his troops to be on us like a rash now so we need to be vigilant - but scrupulously fair.”

Moderator L:
“Good! Of course his gang will be all over us, but nothing we can't handle. Thanks, [owner]”

Admin (no longer staff):
“Thank you, [owner]! I didn't see your post before I sent a reply to DJG when he complained about our latest warning to him. Now he will never see my reply, which is quite okay by me .... Erasing all of DJG's posts and posts quoting DJG ….. I have decided to permanently remove ALL of his posts and threads from the Forum. I used the Prune Posts function in the Admin panel….. Afterwards, the Staff has searched for every post that quotes (or even mentions) DJG-Scotland, and hard deleted those posts….. We have removed all posts that quote or mention him, except from the Staff Room.”

My comment: What lovely people! Rolling Eyes

So, there we have it. I was basically done up like a kipper! Banned for no reason, then they made up some crap to stop a ‘mutiny’ of their members. Lovely! Rolling Eyes

I see, DJG. Sounds like you had a right to be furious. Forgive me, for the "not bothered" remark.

But why? So much backstabbing for what purpose? Unless, back in 2009, TPTB thought the site would continue growing and growing and become a really profitable enterprise. And therefore worth the effort to control it and its revenues.

Thanks for the information. I always like to understand things. And I'll remember it for future dealings. But I'm going to move on, because supporting Susan Boyle is what brought me to all these places and will keep me here until either she packs it in or I do.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

More might be learned about the staff by reviewing this thread.

https://susahumor.forumotion.com/t2942-sbfii-what-they-really-think-of-members
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII   DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5