HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So much for the "Hairy Angel"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

So much for the "Hairy Angel" Empty
PostSubject: So much for the "Hairy Angel"   So much for the "Hairy Angel" EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:57 am

No doubt every Susan Boyle fan who's had a chance has viewed the Comic Relief charity video Susan did with Peter Kay, a cover of the 80s duet "I Know Him So Well." One bit that stood out was the outlandish expansion of Susan's hair with every cut away and back to her. Comparing it with the original, it's plain to see it as a spoof of extreme 80s hair styles. I'm sure we all have photographs from that era we would like to burn. Laughing

But that's just one side of the crazy hair bit.

Besides spoofing the 80s look in the original video, could it also have been scripted as a jab at the moronic "Hairy Angel" media motif from early in Susan's career? The hair gets wilder and wilder and wilder, an exaggeration of her own naturally curly hair in need of a trim, and then at the end she casually discards it, giggling. I'd like to think she was metaphorically saying, So much for the "Hairy Angel." Ha.

I'd post the video here, but for the moment at least the BBC has pulled it from YouTube because they want you to go buy a copy. It's for a good cause, so please do, if you can. Cool And hope and pray they have the good sense to release a US and Canada compatible DVD for fans on this side of the pond!
Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

bajaraquel

PostSubject: Re: So much for the "Hairy Angel"   So much for the "Hairy Angel" EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:04 am

Adios Hairy Angel! Not only was the hair joke a nose thumbing at the media and poking fun of herself, by taking off the wig and appearing bald, it really shows again that physical appearance is not important. It also shows ***GASP**** a sense of humor! She doesn't put herself on a pedestal so why would others?
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: So much for the "Hairy Angel"   So much for the "Hairy Angel" EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Not every woman would be attractive w/o hair. With lots of hair or none at all, Susan is adorable! Loved that video. Bet she had a blast making it and working with Kay. I hope they get a chance to work together in the future. They're a great team!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: So much for the "Hairy Angel"   So much for the "Hairy Angel" EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:02 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
Not every woman would be attractive w/o hair. With lots of hair or none at all, Susan is adorable! Loved that video. Bet she had a blast making it and working with Kay. I hope they get a chance to work together in the future. They're a great team!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So much for the "Hairy Angel"   So much for the "Hairy Angel" EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:25 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:

IMPRESSIVE.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So much for the "Hairy Angel"   So much for the "Hairy Angel" Empty

Back to top Go down

So much for the "Hairy Angel"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SusaHumor :: Guest Forum :: Guest Forum - Humor & General-
Jump to: