HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?  Empty
PostSubject: Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?    Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Last edited by Clix Pix on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?    Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:05 pm

I have very mixed feelings about honorary Doctorates. It just seems to me that there should be other ways to honor people who are outside the academic field other than presenting them with Doctorates. I think it cheapens that distinctive degree when it becomes a catch-all award having nothing to do with academic achievement. Couldn't they come up with some other way of honoring success, perseverance, excellence,---and all the qualities Susan and many others have achieved outside of academia ---other than with an honorary Doctorate??! To me, Doctorates rightly belong only to those who have sweated their brains out working and studying for years to finally reach that pinnacle. They're the ones who truly deserve the title. They can call me Queen,---but that doesn't make me one, no matter how many great things I've accomplished.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?    Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?  EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:38 am

That was well written Clix. Thank you for bringing the URL here and posting it on the "Guest Forum for all to see....Smile
This explains beautiful who Susan Boyle is.... clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?    Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?  EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:06 am

The answer is YES!!!!! Her courses came in the school of life. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?    Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Susan Boyle Deserve an Honorary Doctorate?
Page 1 of 1