bernicer
fudgemeister
Clix Pix
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" Empty
PostSubject: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Since apparently there has been some rehashing of history lately within the Susan Boyle fan community, I guess it's time to re-post some useful and informative links:

www.sbfandomourstory.blogspot.com

http://newsforsusanboylefans.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/slander-and-suspicion-chaos-and.html?spref=tw

http://thesusanboylereview.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/one-flew-over-cuckoos-nest.html?spref=tw

Last edited by Clix Pix on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:02 pm

Sadly, most remaining at SBFII believe in the "history" as provided by the Administrators, past and present. No No No No It says a lot that all threads pertaining to the entire episode have been removed, so that the "fan owners" of that forum cannot see them.
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 am

If I can find one positive, at least they have let the debate continue, this time. It is a shame that certain threads and comments from the past have been eliminated in this matter.
Back to top Go down
nevermore

nevermore

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 am

bernicer wrote:
If I can find one positive, at least they have let the debate continue, this time. It is a shame that certain threads and comments from the past have been eliminated in this matter.
I'm truly shocked to see it still not only not deleted, but an open thread.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 am

nevermore wrote:
bernicer wrote:
A regular thread or the sandbox thread?
Back to top Go down
nevermore

nevermore

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 am

fudgemeister wrote:
nevermore wrote:
bernicer wrote:
regular as of 5 minutes ago
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:49 am

nevermore wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
nevermore wrote:
bernicer wrote:
regular as of 5 minutes ago
I will bet that it all gets moved into the sandbox when they want to dispose of it.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:33 am

You mean it's a public thread where the "great unwashed" such as myself could actually go and read it? WOW!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 am

Clix Pix wrote:
You mean it's a public thread where the "great unwashed" such as myself could actually go and read it? WOW!
No. A regular thread in the PRIVATE part of the forum. A regular thread is one that is archived; you can always access it and post in it. The sandbox thread is disposed of when it is closed. Never to be seen again.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:31 am

Ah, well.....

Members there do need to consider some important things, such as the role of JudyOkla, their current administrator, in what went on behind the scenes at SBFII in the past. Why did she and Danileo play games with member user names and establish false ones? Shift around other ones? That is not exactly honest, is it?

Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:13 am

Interesting to note that the staff resigned and mods followed them out the door BEFORE lChris took the controls. She and dyebat had made a promise to the membership that they would keep the forum open, no matter what,-----so what were they to do when the staff jumped ship?? lChris took over and asked CL and Xeno to help out. I guess the departing admin. figured the whole place would collapse when they left-----and then they could start up a new forum the way they wanted to,---none of this pesky NPO business to have to work with,----they could make it a "for profit." But much to their surprise, lchris and dyebat went through with the plans to gain NPO status-----while Lonnirose was madly sending out PMs to select members, trying to lure them over to the old staff's side. Does anyone recall that Danileo and JudyO had bought a site away from the forum at around that time. Were they planning to set up a new forum if things didn't go their way at the forum auction?? Guess we'll never know,---but the timing was interesting, to say the least. So the staff had abandoned the ship to who-knows-what fate. Talk about loyalty to the forum!! Chris, dyebat, and CL soldiered on in their absence and locked them out AFTER they left, as they had no idea what was happening at the time or even if people were who they said they were. Kalua refused to release any contact info whatsoever,----so he was a completely unknown entity. He never did give the new owners his information. Yet members were clamoring for his return and that of the mods who had left the place in the lurch.. Chris & dyebat issued invitations for the staff to return, as it was never their intent to "take over" & run the forum in the first place. And finally, some of them did come back.

I find it interesting that some at EW are appalled that those who took charge at that time went into the records and made copies of some of the wheeling and dealing that the staff had been responsible for before the sale. Really??! What did you expect these folks would do with all the mayhem that was taking place at the time, staff leaving, people changing their IDs, and, in general, all hell breaking out?? Doesn't it make sense that they would want to know what was going on to maybe get a handle on everything?? No one was more surprised than they to discover some of the things that they found "behind the scenes." And yet who gets the blame for all of what was uncovered,---the perpetrators of the hanky-panky?? Noooo,-----the ones who uncovered it!! The classic "blame the messenger" scenario! I'm sure the usual ostriches will continue to keep their heads well-buried in the sand and refuse to see the truth that stares them fully in the face. But that doesn't make it any less the truth. And there are enough of us who were there at that time & know the truth that it will NEVER be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:55 am

And what is this constant posting over there that we, the complainers, should all be happy since there are now all different forums out here for us to be in. Well!!! Helllllo!!! These forums are all an outgrowth of SBFII. They would not be out here if you ran that place equally and fairly. If you remember, we ALL were under one roof! Just a reminder, THAT was OUR forum TOO!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:43 am

Message to Circlette: Before you get in a snit, we here have undeniable and positive proof that SBFII staff have come here and copied from the private parts of this forum. ABSOLUTE PROOF!!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:45 am

fudgemeister wrote:
Message to Circlette: Before you get in a snit, we here have undeniable and positive proof that SBFII staff have come here and copied from the private parts of this forum. ABSOLUTE PROOF!!
Here is one instance----
https://susahumor.forumotion.com/t2937-proof-that-sbfii-mole-copied-here
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:40 am

So is the thread in question still open??
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:55 am

WAMcKinley wrote:
So is the thread in question still open??

No it has been closed this morning I believe.
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 am

Oh, my!! All the phony outrage over what was "stolen" from SBFII back in the sumer of 2010 when lChris assumed the controls and she and CL tried to keep the place from going into a nosedive after most of the staff, including the admin., resigned. They're saying lChris should have just closed the forum down rather than take the controls. But she and dyebat had made a promise to the membership that it would stay up and running after the sale as many were fearing it WOULD close. Also, searching the records made sense as so much insanity was happening that one night, including the staff resignations, that they needed to know what was happening internally. Was someone messing with the inner workings of the forum, or what?? What they found in the process of this search turned out to be an embarrassment to the staff,-------which is what the real outrage is all about, after all, isn't it?? Among other things, there were records of staff meetings where individual forum members were singled out for insults and name-calling. Some would be really hurt if they knew just how their trusted staff held them in such contempt, so I wont detail any of it here. Just know that it was disgusting----and we have copies. (PM or email me if you want to see it.) I feel certain there wouldn't be any problem with the uncovering and copying of this material if it showed the staff to be doing their jobs nobly and correctly. No, they would probably publish public copies of these transcripts, themselves! But because it gives these folks a big black eye, they are "righteously indignant!!" Awwww. Cry me a river!!

And some think the Board apology sent out a while back should be sufficient to clarify things and make everything all right,---a public apology that included apologies to Kalua and Pickled Tink! I couldn't believe my eyes at that inclusion!! They were issuing apologies to the staff that had lied and manipulated, and unjustly banned so many of us in the past?? First of all,----what were they apologizing to them for, exactly?? And didn't the authors of this apology realize that to include in that list the names of the very people who had mistreated members callously and continuously for years was, in itself, an insult??! Apparently not. Not only were we supposed to accept that limp-wristed apology, but we find out now that we are expected to issue apologies of our own! Oh, really?? To whom and for what, exactly, I would love to know?? Don't be shy,----please tell me to whom I owe an apology at SBFII,----and what were my transgressions??? I would really love to have an answer to this,----as it's got to be good! Many others on this site would, I'm sure, love to have an answer to that, too. For myself, I was banned for no just cause----and then denied an appeal, after being assured I could proceed with one. There's some fair treatment for you. And some of them who have been there this whole time claim to have no earthly idea why some of us here are bitter and unforgiving. Personally, I find their incredulity a little hard to swallow.
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:47 am

WAM...they would just say, the past is the past, let it go, all you are trying to do is stir up trouble. What they seem to forget is that we are part owners of that site too, and as a part owner we should be able to have our say. There is a very good reason that the Transparency thread was deleted, because it did not make them look good. If they deleted it to make more room, which I doubt...they should have deleted the Daydreamer's thread instead that has just about one million useless posts. That started off as the Shippers thread where they were trying to pair up Susan and Piers Morgan. They changed the name of it because they believed Daydreamers sounded better than Shippers.

WAM, you were banned unfairly, and one of the reasons was because the staff was jealous of your popularity with the posters. To be denied an appeal by them was very unfair also. Were they scared you might win the appeal and why? It makes no sense.

You reap what you sow, and that site is losing more and more members and posters every day.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 am

TxTammy--"Were they scared you might win the appeal".

With the deciding vote cast by Ponylady?????!!!!!?????!!!!! laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor laughcry laughfloor
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 am

It is a travesty what happened and for people to ask those who were so unjustly treated to let it be in the past is downright idiotic!!!

WAM you gave an excellent synopsis but you and I and we all know that it ain't gonna change anyone's mind coz "there's none so blind as those who will not see"!!!

But good for you for summing it up so succinctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"   A Look Back.....  "Past Is Prologue" Empty

Back to top Go down

A Look Back..... "Past Is Prologue"
Page 1 of 1