Clix Pix
nevermore
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 am

All is well now. Pat one another on the back. In defiance, the banner stays. The designer meant no harm to anyone. So what if it upsets "certain" people. "Certain" people in the international community. Funny how the Ts are in the word international. Of course the Ts are not the only problem. Then there are the 3 letters that look like the Ichthus symbol.

Their mantra is anti-bullying at all costs because of what Susan went through growing up. If only they would practice what they preach.

Let me tell you a story. When I was a member I had posted something about how a photo of a man that had been posted was funny. I said the guy did not know how to dress. You see, all his clothes were terribly mismatched. I was then informed by a few members that he was blind, which I did not know. As soon as I read that I went back and deleted my post and apologized. It was an honest mistake, and, in looking back, a dumb thing to post. I relate this story with the hope that the banner designer might realize that very slight changes would go a long way to easing the angst of, and I admit it, a very few members. It would be the respectful and decent thing to do.

Last edited by fudgemeister on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore

nevermore

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 12:28 am

They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE.
They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE. They DON'T CARE.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 12:32 am

Well, they should care!
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:37 am

That site is supposedly "member-owned."  Shouldn't it, then, be taking into consideration the concerns and well-being of ALL its members?

I'll bet Susan herself would not be too pleased if she had any idea of what goes on there.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:05 pm

They claim the obvious religious overtone wasn't intentional, but they refuse to reveal the name of the font used. Why? That'd clear it up once and for all.
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
gday

gday

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:37 am

Admin wrote:
They claim the obvious religious overtone wasn't intentional, but they refuse to reveal the name of the font used. Why? That'd clear it up once and for all.

Speaking as someone who has dealt with lettering for the past 30 years or so, the font used was a sans serif font of some sort like Comic Sans that was manipulated by hand to exaggerate the y, l and the t's. Those forms are not inherent in any "normal" font.
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:35 am

gday wrote:
Admin wrote:

Speaking as someone who has dealt with lettering for the past 30 years or so, the font used was a sans serif font of some sort like Comic Sans that was manipulated by hand to exaggerate the y, l and the t's. Those forms are not inherent in any "normal" font.

Yes. I also use Comic Sans fonts from my Family Tree Maker on my PDF reports on  my family's genealogy.  I do art work as in pen and ink, pencil, etc. I don't care for plain arial fonts.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:37 pm

gday wrote:
Admin wrote:

Speaking as someone who has dealt with lettering for the past 30 years or so, the font used was a sans serif font of some sort like Comic Sans that was manipulated by hand to exaggerate the y, l and the t's. Those forms are not inherent in any "normal" font.[/quote]

Gday I appreciate your sharing of your expertise concerning fonts. Thank you for sharing your professional knowledge. That should put to rest the notion that on the banner  in question the font was by accident as claimed. Now everyone knows the truth that the font was manipulated to achieve the results concerning the symbolism.

"The truth is always beautiful because it's the truth."
Author: Cat Forsley

Last edited by whisper on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:25 pm

I will preface this by saying, I am a Christian.  However, if I was creating something for an "international" forum, I would not want to offend anyone who may not be of my faith.  Even if I did it by accident with no intent, I would change it, if brought to my attention.  I love you

IMO, you don't get in someone's face just cause you can.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:35 pm

bernicer wrote:
I will preface this by saying, I am a Christian.  However, if I was creating something for an "international" forum, I would not want to offend anyone who may not be of my faith.  Even if I did it by accident with no intent, I would change it, if brought to my attention.  I love you

IMO, you don't get in someone's face just cause you can.

Bern that is because you posses the qualities that our faith ask of us.
I would do the same as you and change my error if I made it. Of course if I manipulated the font on purpose my Ego would not allow me to change anything. This speaks volumes of the creator of the banner. This is really a shame... Shocked 
Back to top Go down
firststate

firststate

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Well, it will eventually be replaced.  Truss' concern was that criticism of the banner would discourage further submissions.  I'll go out on a limb and predict that Moll will see that the next one is vetted.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm

firststate wrote:
Well, it will eventually be replaced.  Truss' concern was that criticism of the banner would discourage further submissions.  I'll go out on a limb and predict that Moll will see that the next one is vetted.
Of course it was vetted--you do not think that JudyO OKed it??
Back to top Go down
firststate

firststate

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:17 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
firststate wrote:
Of course it was vetted--you do not think that JudyO OKed it??

Oopes, guess I'm loosing it! but I actually forgot about that woman in my focusing on the comments of Truss and Moll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banner Symbolism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Symbolism   Banner Symbolism Empty

Back to top Go down

Banner Symbolism
Page 1 of 1