sarahr
BettyBoop
tonnie_rocca
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago Empty
PostSubject: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 pm

OK, this is a thread I wanted to start already some time ago for our guests (and I expect some of you in the coming weeks...)
It is about Susan's audition. And it is to show that here, apart from having fun, we can be damned serious if the subject requires it.

I cannot forget in my imagination Susan going on her own to Glasgow, missing all those busses, to do that audition.
A 47 year old woman, well aware that maybe this was her last real chance to break through, since the world is not particular nice to middle aged women.
She was well aware of the situation: "either you show nerves, or you get damned cheeky with them..."

That lady has brought a lot of joy into our lives, and she is the reason that we are here together today.
So I thank Susan for having had, a year ago, the courage to do what she did, and I thank DJG for creating this forum.

This is a good place to be, to confront opinions, and above all, to respect each other and the person Susan Boyle.
So, guest, try us out... celebrating Susan's singing and her witty sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:22 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:
OK, this is a thread I wanted to start already some time ago for our guests (and I expect some of you in the coming weeks...)
It is about Susan's audition. And it is to show that here, apart from having fun, we can be damned serious if the subject requires it.

I cannot forget in my imagination Susan going on her own to Glasgow, missing all those busses, to do that audition.
A 47 year old woman, well aware that maybe this was her last real chance to break through, since the world is not particular nice to middle aged women.
She was well aware of the situation: "either you show nerves, or you get damned cheeky with them..."

That lady has brought a lot of joy into our lives, and she is the reason that we are here together today.
So I thank Susan for having had, a year ago, the courage to do what she did, and I thank DJG for creating this forum.

This is a good place to be, to confront opinions, and above all, to respect each other and the person Susan Boyle.
So, guest, try us out... celebrating Susan's singing and her witty sense of humour.
I echo every word Tonnie - well said!
I will never forget the first time I heard Susan Boyle sing at the audition....never. I have been totally obsessed ever since. hug
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Citroenlady wrote:
tonnie_rocca wrote:

I echo every word Tonnie - well said!
I will never forget the first time I heard Susan Boyle sing at the audition....never. I have been totally obsessed ever since. hug

I agree with Tonnie Rocca and Citroenlady. Susan was one brave lady, going on her own to Glasgow. I watch her audition clip almost every day and never, ever tire of it. Susan must have been very nervous but she rocked them all. I just love everything she does.

We have so much fun on this site. We respect Susan and have the freedom to state our opinions. Band Band Band
Back to top Go down
sarahr

sarahr

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:34 am

tonnie_rocca wrote:

I was a BGT addict and remember Susan sitting alone, eating her sandwich then all her shenanigans with the judges. Then heard her say, Blackburn, only 12 miles from us at that time. I did not know what to expect and first impressions well that's history now. I saw that audition and was amazed. Then the YT video and I knew she was going to be a huge success. Do you remember watching the number of views on YT climbing higher and higher every hour? Then I saw the CNN news and there was Susan and YT going viral. Lots of ups and downs along the way and we all found this site.

Guests, enjoy what you see and read and join us, you will love this site.
Back to top Go down
toplass

toplass

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:19 am

Very Happy

Last edited by Toplass on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:11 pm

It's amazing how one woman's courageous attempt at "a last chance" has catapulted her into musical and cultural history and has brought together people from all over the world!

A year ago I hadn't even heard of BGT and didn't pay much attention to shows like "American Idol" either. One day in April I got on Facebook, which I rarely do, and noticed that two of my friends were now "Fans of Susan Boyle." Idly I wondered, "who's Susan Boyle?" The woman in the picture didn't look familiar and there were no clues as to why my friends would be fans. I went on about my business but eventually curiosity pricked at me and I ran a Google search. The audition on YouTube popped up and I thought, "oh, OK, I'll watch this." I still had absolutely no idea of what to expect. I saw this middle-aged woman come out to the stage and announce her name and do a funny little wiggle and I thought, "what IS this?! She began to sing. I experienced a gamut of emotions that I certainly would never have expected and even as the tears were flowing I was grinning ear-to-ear at this amazing woman with the amazing voice. I immediately replayed the video and replayed it and replayed it...... After that I went back to Google and picked up more information about Susan. Then I emailed one of my friends and said, "WOW, I just saw the YouTube of Susan Boyle!"

About a week later I was with the other Susan Boyle fan and another friend, so we started talking about Susan and played YouTube for that friend, too..... another fan was born.

I kind of lost track of what was happening in Susan's life as I had a busy spring and summer, but then one day in mid-September I was at my friend's house and she asked, "have you heard Susan's new song yet?" I was surprised and said, "no, didn't know she had one out!" My friend pulled up the Official Site on her computer and played "Wild Horses" for me. We sat in total silence, each of us captivated by Susan's voice..... She played it a couple more times for me. As soon as I got home that night I immediately bookmarked that site on my own computer and listened to "Wild Horses" over and over for days. I also poked around and discovered that there was a fan site.....
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
I also poked around and discovered that there was a fan site.....
And the rest is history, as they say, Clix... good story yours.
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
It's amazing how one woman's courageous attempt at "a last chance" has catapulted her into musical and cultural history and has brought together people from all over the world!

A year ago I hadn't even heard of BGT and didn't pay much attention to shows like "American Idol" either. One day in April I got on Facebook, which I rarely do, and noticed that two of my friends were now "Fans of Susan Boyle." Idly I wondered, "who's Susan Boyle?" The woman in the picture didn't look familiar and there were no clues as to why my friends would be fans. I went on about my business but eventually curiosity pricked at me and I ran a Google search. The audition on YouTube popped up and I thought, "oh, OK, I'll watch this." I still had absolutely no idea of what to expect. I saw this middle-aged woman come out to the stage and announce her name and do a funny little wiggle and I thought, "what IS this?! She began to sing. I experienced a gamut of emotions that I certainly would never have expected and even as the tears were flowing I was grinning ear-to-ear at this amazing woman with the amazing voice. I immediately replayed the video and replayed it and replayed it...... After that I went back to Google and picked up more information about Susan. Then I emailed one of my friends and said, "WOW, I just saw the YouTube of Susan Boyle!"

About a week later I was with the other Susan Boyle fan and another friend, so we started talking about Susan and played YouTube for that friend, too..... another fan was born.

I kind of lost track of what was happening in Susan's life as I had a busy spring and summer, but then one day in mid-September I was at my friend's house and she asked, "have you heard Susan's new song yet?" I was surprised and said, "no, didn't know she had one out!" My friend pulled up the Official Site on her computer and played "Wild Horses" for me. We sat in total silence, each of us captivated by Susan's voice..... She played it a couple more times for me. As soon as I got home that night I immediately bookmarked that site on my own computer and listened to "Wild Horses" over and over for days. I also poked around and discovered that there was a fan site.....

Just reading your account about how you "met" Susan and subsequent events gave me goosebumps. It has been a wonderful 9 months has it not?
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:42 am

What I find fascinating is that today, even after having watched that audition video numerous times, in seeing it again on "Oprah" the waterworks started up.....

It was so neat in watching the "Oprah" show, seeing Susan back in April 2009, her hair frizzy and her eyebrows bushy and untamed, her frock not the usual sort chosen for an audition, her dark pantyhose and her light colored shoes, powerfully singing out "I Dreamed a Dream" and then minutes later seeing an elegantly dressed, perfectly coiffed Susan singing a song written just for her......

Susan, you've come a long way in an astonishingly short time, Baby!
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Somehow I have missed this thread until now?!? Loved reading all your experiences above - wow!!!

My cousin phoned me one night in mid April and all she said was, "Go and google Susan Boyle". So I did. Well suffice to say I've been hooked ever since.

Apart from the very obvious enjoyment of this extraordinary woman's magnificent voice, I have also found a number of enormously interesting people on this fansite and so I come here day after day, interact, laugh, cry, discuss, take the pi$$ and generally have a huge amount of fun.

I have plenty of real life friends but I still come home, no matter how late, and log on at least for a quick catch up if no time for more...

Thank you all you crazy, nutty, fun-loving, sensitive, adorable fans!!!
Back to top Go down
Ammo

Ammo

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:55 pm

I agree with all the above postings regarding Susan and this site, it's members etc.

My introduction to Susan was in April, I believe, when someone sent us the clip of her audition via e.mail. I was stunned, to put it mildly and have been a great fan since the first time I saw her. I have never followed anyone's career as closely as Susan's. I am able to do so because of the great fans who have time to spend and knowledge to share to bring us news items and video clips on a regular basis.

We discuss other topics here and have a lot of fun. Janakimack is right....we laugh together and we CRY. People are so supportive of each other on this site. Everyone seems to have time to 'help' or talk to others, no matter how busy they are, not matter what 'problems' they may be encountering in their 'own' lives.

Close friendships are being formed, as we follow Susan's career. The 'friendship' part is Susan's miracle. I have never believed in miracles before Susan came along.

DJG, again, many thanks for starting this fansite and bringing us all together.
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://ammo.susahumor.com
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:18 pm

O dear, now two years ago... time flies indeed like an arrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:03 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

It is nice to to revisit this thread it is a reminder what brought us all together.. LOLflag
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

Amazing! two years ago today, Susan got dressed in her gold dress, dark pantyhose/tights, and light shoes and off she went on her adventure which would change her life forever. I, for one, am so pleased she did get up the courage to do this. If I had never "met" Susan, I would never have "met" all my new forum friends. Not only has Susan's life changed forever, mine has too.

Hugs and thank you to you all. And thank you Tonnie for bringing this old thread back to life again.

hug hug hug hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:54 pm

sucanfun wrote:
Hugs and thank you to you all.
And to you... hug hug hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Wonderful reminder tonnie. Thanks. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheering cheering cheering hug
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Gosh, doesn't the time fly! Two years now..... WOW! What I find interesting is that even now, two years and many viewings in, I STILL feel a gamut of emotions when watching that audition!
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 pm

What a joy to read this thread again - thanks for the reawakening, Tonnie.

Thanks also to Sarah and Clix for their stories - what an emotive time it's been!!! I still bawl my eyes out every time I see that first audition clip of Susan - what a thrill and look where she is now - breaking records like it's going out of fashion.

cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago   Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago Empty

Back to top Go down

Susan Boyle: the Glasgow audition a year ago
Page 1 of 1