Wabbit
fudgemeister
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Who Denigrates Susan!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:01 pm

DJG and this site have been accused by SBFII of denigrating Susan. It makes one wonder how this video respects Susan!

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
DJG and this site have been accused by SBFII of denigrating Susan. It makes one wonder how this video respects Susan!

Oh shoot.. they think it is OK as long as they do it. Isn't that what people call discrimination. ?? It is from where I come from.

Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:28 pm

I guess the woman in this video doesn't realize what a fool she's making of herself, too.....
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
I guess the woman in this video doesn't realize what a fool she's making of herself, too.....

Well, she sure does it a lot. Some people will do anything to get attention. Sad

Marianne
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 pm

There was a time when they'd take you away in a straightjacket for talking to cardboard cut-outs! Where are those days when you need 'em?! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:45 am

A while back they instituted "deinstitutionalization" in the US and this released a lot of patients from state and community inpatient psychiatric facilities, which while it actually did benefit some few people, also caused more problems, as many long-term severely mentally ill did not have a place to go and wound up on the streets, now coping not only with mental illness but with no shelter and no food. Outpatient Community Mental Health facilities were overwhelmed and other community resources were as well. We are still seeing the ramifications of that today.

As for this woman, well.....there's a very fine line between "having fun" and making a fool of oneself and being way over the top with that, to boot. Making a video and putting it on YouTube....??!!! I reckon quite a few people have had a good laugh over this one.

Little girls playing with paper dolls is one thing. A grown woman?!!!!!!

No accounting for folks.....
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:56 am

Clix Pix wrote:
A while back they instituted "deinstitutionalization" in the US and this released a lot of patients from state and community inpatient psychiatric facilities, which while it actually did benefit some few people, also caused more problems, as many long-term severely mentally ill did not have a place to go and wound up on the streets, now coping not only with mental illness but with no shelter and no food. Outpatient Community Mental Health facilities were overwhelmed and other community resources were as well. We are still seeing the ramifications of that today.

As for this woman, well.....there's a very fine line between "having fun" and making a fool of oneself and being way over the top with that, to boot. Making a video and putting it on YouTube....??!!! I reckon quite a few people have had a good laugh over this one.

Little girls playing with paper dolls is one thing. A grown woman?!!!!!!

No accounting for folks.....

It is all about WHO can get the closest to Susan. Who do they think they are kidding. One day Susan may realize she has to move on and doesn't need this anymore and then what will these people do. ?? Have they no life of their own. ??
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 am

Maybe they think it's funny. Maybe they don't get our sense of humor, maybe we don't get theirs - ????
Back to top Go down
dyebat

dyebat

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 am

Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
Maybe they think it's funny. Maybe they don't get our sense of humor, maybe we don't get theirs - ????

I think you got that right. And there's no telling which one (if either) Susan would get.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:17 am

dyebat wrote:

I think you got that right. And there's no telling which one (if either) Susan would get.

Agree... laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor
Back to top Go down
xjsarah

xjsarah

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:21 am

Is that Randma? It looks like her.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the sight of a grown woman talking to a cardboard cutout a bit disturbing? Cuckoo I don't know, maybe I've missed the point somewhere along the way!
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:25 am

whisper wrote:
dyebat wrote:

Agree... laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor

I think the truth of the matter is that SBFII never wanted to understand our humor otherwise they would never have treated DJG the way they have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:26 am

That woman talks to the cardboard cut out like she's a 3 year old monkey...sadly she did the same thing to the real person in NYC acted like Susan wasn't a real person.

The first time I saw that video I couldn't get passed the paper tossing and I still fail to watch the whole thing.

Last edited by Sassyone on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:28 am

Sassyone wrote:
That woman talks to the cardboard cut out like she's a 3 year old monkey...sadly she did the same thing to the real person in NYC acted like Susan wasn't a real person.

On the video she talked to Susan like she was a two year old child. How disgusting. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:17 am

I have a feeling some of the people who don't like DJG's style of humor are the same kind of people who just "don't get" Monty Python and similar styles of humor. Just because some people don't get our jokes, though, doesn't mean they're not funny. Wink
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 am

dyebat wrote:

Very good points, LEM and Dyebat! What any one of us may see as delightfully humorous or funny may go sailing right over someone else's head. Indeed, Susan might be just tickled silly by these antics with "Flat Susan" or she may think, "what in the name of heaven is WRONG with that woman?!" None of us knows Susan well enough to be able to even guess how this sort of thing would strike her.

Personally, yes, I DO find the sight of a grown woman carrying on and babbling to a cardboard "paper doll" more than disturbing. I don't think it is funny and I sure as heck do not think it is respectful of the real woman whom that cardboard "paper doll" represents. It is extremely disturbing. Yes, I well remember seeing the videos of that time -- 2009 -- in the restaurant in NYC, too, where this same woman made a presentation, read some stupid "fairy story" and talked down to the recipient, Susan Boyle, as though Susan were a child or a mentally impaired adult. Frankly, I found that presentation demeaning and totally insulting to Susan. I have often wondered what Susan herself thought about it. Bet she wasn't thrilled! Susan may have some difficulties but cognitive impairment is quite clearly not one of them! Actually, I'd venture to guess that with regard to IQ, Susan is far sharper than this woman we see and hear in this video babbling at the paper doll......

Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

bajaraquel

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:56 am

dyebat wrote:

The one thing we do NOT do is denigrate Susan. We celebrate her in our own manner. Who determines which way is correct? I love Flat Susan and others don't. Ok. Not the end of life. If someone wants to act silly, no skin off my nose. If I want to laugh at fart jokes, guess that is my perogative. In the end who cares?
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:41 am

BohemianSpirit wrote:
I have a feeling some of the people who don't like DJG's style of humor are the same kind of people who just "don't get" Monty Python and similar styles of humor. Just because some people don't get our jokes, though, doesn't mean they're not funny. Wink
There's something deeply, sadly wrong with people who "don't get" Monty Python. It's best to avoid them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:56 am

skywriter wrote:
BohemianSpirit wrote:
There's something deeply, sadly wrong with people who "don't get" Monty Python. It's best to avoid them.

I work with some. Sad 'Tis a sad, sad world, indeed.

Seriously: Don't like our brand of humor? Go to another site. There are plenty to choose from, and more springing up every week, it seems!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:24 am

bajaraquel wrote:
dyebat wrote:

The one thing we do NOT do is denigrate Susan. We celebrate her in our own manner. Who determines which way is correct? I love Flat Susan and others don't. Ok. Not the end of life. If someone wants to act silly, no skin off my nose. If I want to laugh at fart jokes, guess that is my perogative. In the end who cares?
You are right, of course. They think we denigrate, we think they denigrate. Yada, yada, yada! Who knows who is right or wrong. That is the point. However, they are always the ones claiming to be on a higher moral plain than the evil, nefarious, and diabolical buffoons over at THAT humor site---UGGGGHH! Since Susan reads all these forums, I am going to ask her, "Hey, Susan, will you solve this crap once and for all. Who do you prefer, us or them?" And because I am as loony as all the loonies over there, I think it is apropos to play.......
clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:23 am

Was someone on their site saying we denigrated Susan? I don't read of lot on the stuff while there, mainly twitter and any news of future appearances.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 am

donaha wrote:
Was someone on their site saying we denigrated Susan? I don't read of lot on the stuff while there, mainly twitter and any news of future appearances.

No, they were going onto YouTube and leaving silly comments against our welcome video. What clever people they are! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
toplass

toplass

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Admin wrote:
donaha wrote:

No, they were going onto YouTube and leaving silly comments against our welcome video. What clever people they are! Rolling Eyes

Actually by leaving those comments they were doing a great job of hanging themselves. People could see exactly what sort of idiots they were.

Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 pm

While we're on the topic of Who Denigrates Susan? - another shameless plug of my own thread - - - - Embarassed

If I recall correctly, Pickles made direct reference to this post in an ongoing attempt to disparge this site. This just highlights the level of her cluelessness, as I continue to stand by every word -

Condescending?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Toplass wrote:
Admin wrote:
donaha wrote:

Actually by leaving those comments they were doing a great job of hanging themselves. People could see exactly what sort of idiots they were.

For example, the person who referred to DJG's promotional video as "black humor," apparently under the mistaken belief that "black humor" is defined as "humor that I don't understand and/or don't like." Rolling Eyes Either that or somehow things like Susan playing banjo, riding in a spaceship, and teaming up with Lacey to solve crimes was, in this person's mind, equated with a cynical take on death, mortality, and the generally tragic side of the human condition.
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:26 pm

BohemianSpirit wrote:
Toplass wrote:
Admin wrote:
donaha wrote:

For example, the person who referred to DJG's promotional video as "black humor," apparently under the mistaken belief that "black humor" is defined as "humor that I don't understand and/or don't like." Rolling Eyes Either that or somehow things like Susan playing banjo, riding in a spaceship, and teaming up with Lacey to solve crimes was, in this person's mind, equated with a cynical take on death, mortality, and the generally tragic side of the human condition.

Yeah, jeez, who the hell knows? Those are connections that aren't especially immediately apparent to me - scratch
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:14 am

We posted this LAST March. This is what the complaints concerning Flat Susan are about. Do TPTB at SBFII believe that this video is respectful towards Susan? The complaints are about showing this sort of thing on a public outlet such as Youtube. What you all want to do in your private M&Gs is one thing, but once you make it public, it is an entirely different matter.
Back to top Go down
Jemina

Jemina

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:02 am

Where's the photos of them ordering and feeding Flat Susan lunch and sitting her in the driver's seat of a convertable while they watch her drive around town?
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:17 am

SBFII is always right, no dialogue with a hint of opposition is allowed. When I posted, I was sincerely concerned about Susan. It was my OPINION, not about my personal embarrassment. I could care less what anyone does with flat Susan privately. It's the star's public image to which I was referring.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:28 am

bernicer wrote:
SBFII is always right, no dialogue with a hint of opposition is allowed. When I posted, I was sincerely concerned about Susan. It was my OPINION, not about my personal embarrassment. I could care less what anyone does with flat Susan privately. It's the star's public image to which I was referring.
It is sad Bernice. It can only be summed up by the quote-"There are none so blind as those who will not see."
Back to top Go down
Jemina

Jemina

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 am

bernicer wrote:
They only think of themselves bernicer and what's good for themselves
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:06 am

What I don't get is why these SBFII fans are shelling out $400-500 for something which really lies within the purview (and budget) of the star's own PR process..... Heck, the whole "paper doll" concept is nothing new and indeed through the years, including recently, some other stars' PR people have paid for mass production of and issued paper doll cutouts of their star which were sold to fans for $30.00-40.00 in various stores around the US and probably other countries as well. Yep. Same darned thing as the proposed "Flat Susan": Paperdoll/standup cutout figurines of the star. Yep, sold in stores for $30 - $40.00 to fans who were avid enough to purchase one.

This is gobsmacking. What's this nonsense of some Susan Boyle fans footing the bill for what is really a PR responsibility? Paying out $400 - 500.00? Huh? Collecting funds for this? Something is sooo, sooo wrong with this picture! LOL, don't these fans realize that they're being used, SO used.....?! On the internet we call that "pwned."

P W N E D

Big-time.
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 am

I wonder what people would think if I got a blow up doll, gave it hair like Susan and a face like hers, dressed it like her and took it to Meet and Greets in restaurants etc where we danced with it, spoke to it and gave it gifts? Same principle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:37 am

Wow, throwing paper and talking to a cutout carboard like she's a 2 year old is um not cool. But then again, there's another video of Randma talking to Susan directly and she talked the same way to the real person. OUCH!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:25 am

Here was a comment on youtube--

Jesus, I have seen everything now. Are all Subo's fans crackpots like these old gals?

What sane person really believes that this is a good thing for Susan??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Denigrates Susan!?!?   Who Denigrates Susan!?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Denigrates Susan!?!?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next