Admin
tonnie_rocca
fudgemeister
12 posters
AuthorMessage
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! Empty
PostSubject: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:51 pm

A win for Susahumor!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Susan Boyle fans ‏@Susahumorfans
@SusanBoyleHQ #AskSusan - Susan, are you interested in knowing the fans' feedback about your work; positive as well as negative?

Susan Boyle Susan Boyle ‏@SusanBoyleHQ
.@Susahumorfans Of course- I like to keep in contact and you can only grow as a performer with constructive criticism

Can you read that SBFII!!????!!!! Stop sanitizing your members' criticisms!!! Susan WANTS and NEEDS such feedback!!!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:59 pm

AND another message!!!! Just what we here at Susahumor have ALWAYS said!!! A message to ones who knock on her door at home!!

Susan Boyle Fansite ‏@susan_boyle_com
@SusanBoyleHQ #AskSusan. What are the worst and the best things about fame?

.@susan_boyle_com Best thing is being able to perform to people and make people happy. Worst thing is people who invade privacy...

Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:07 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
AND another message!!!! Just what we here at Susahumor have ALWAYS said!!! A message to ones who knock on her door at home!!

.@susan_boyle_com Best thing is being able to perform to people and make people happy. Worst thing is people who invade privacy...
We have always said it: Susan reads this forum... laughcry laughcry laughcry
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:10 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:

Of course she does! I guarantee(*) it! Wink

* May not be an actual guarantee. May contain traces of utter bullquilt. Prices may go down as well as up. Always read the label.
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm

SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! Gloating-the-office-7727118-492-380%5B1%5DSBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! Fortune-cookie
SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! Photo-124
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:

I hope those that read this get the message Susan doesn't always like fans dropping in uninvited.

She likes her privacy and space wherever she is. At home or abroad.

SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! Shame10

Back to top Go down
terijay

terijay

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:37 pm

I watched it live, and every celeb says they enjoy performing and hate the invasion of their privacy the most. I would have been surprised had she said differently. But, I would not lump ALL members of other fansites into ONE pile. People do that to members here. And we do NOT always agree at all on every single thing. Do we?
That is why we post here, because we can discuss things without being deleted. I do not agree with many people here, just as I do not on SBFII or other forums.
Only a few at SBFII have invaded her privacy on occasion. But the majority have NOT. I would not lump ALL as the same, just as members here are NOT all the same-- not even CLOSE to being the same here either.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:45 pm

terijay wrote:
I watched it live, and every celeb says they enjoy performing and hate the invasion of their privacy the most. I would have been surprised had she said differently. But, I would not lump ALL members of other fansites into ONE pile. People do that to members here. And we do NOT always agree at all on every single thing. Do we?
That is why we post here, because we can discuss things without being deleted. I do not agree with many people here, just as I do not on SBFII or other forums.
Only a few at SBFII have invaded her privacy on occasion. But the majority have NOT. I would not lump ALL as the same, just as members here are NOT all the same-- not even CLOSE to being the same here either.
I agree with you. However, the leadership there in the past fostered a belief that it was OK for CERTAIN people to invade her privacy. BTW, what ever happened to all the signed memorabilia that was promised for charity auctions? As I recall some items were auctioned on Ebay with THE PROMISE of more to come. That was 14 months ago!!!! Where are the rest of the items?
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:56 pm

terijay wrote:

I agree, most are like me and haven't gotten any closer than their computer.
Having said that, there have been IMO, some who have invaded her privacy and her personal space as well.
Being a fan comes with responsibility, there is a fine line between enthusiasm and becoming too aggressive.

Last edited by bernicer on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:01 pm

As I have always stated---Blackburn is her home. That is where she deserves privacy. She is not performing there. This is just common sense. Rational people should understand that.
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:07 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
As I have always stated---Blackburn is her home. That is where she deserves privacy. She is not performing there. This is just common sense. Rational people should understand that.
I think that is known by now, although it may be necessary to repeat it... Suspect

More important to daily forum well-being is Susan's appreciation of all kind of feedback, negative and positive.
If necessary, we will repeat that one as well... pirat pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:20 pm

To reiterate and to simplify, these are the two most important things which fans should take away from today's Twitter Q&A session:

@SusanBoyleHQ #AskSusan - Susan, are you interested in knowing the fans' feedback about your work; positive as well as negative?

@Susahumorfans Of course- I like to keep in contact and you can only grow as a performer with constructive criticism
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@susan_boyle_com Best thing is being able to perform to people and make people happy. Worst thing is people who invade privacy...

Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
To reiterate and to simplify, these are the two most important things which fans should take away from today's Twitter Q&A session:

@Susahumorfans Of course- I like to keep in contact and you can only grow as a performer with constructive criticism
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@susan_boyle_com Best thing is being able to perform to people and make people happy. Worst thing is people who invade privacy...
Appreciate, Clix, but I don't think it was so complicated before... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:28 pm

There was a lot of excess verbiage going on (yeah, I know, I'm one to talk about that!) and so I thought it would be nice to simplify and reiterate the core messages.......
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Being a Monday morning quarterback is always easy. I would love to be a friend to Susan, but evidently that wasn't in the plan.
Here is a question to consider. If I had been born in the village of Blackburn and would have known Susan for the first 46 years of her life, would I have taken the time to have been her friend?? Would you?
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:46 pm

bernicer wrote:
Being a Monday morning quarterback is always easy. I would love to be a friend to Susan, but evidently that wasn't in the plan.
Here is a question to consider. If I had been born in the village of Blackburn and would have known Susan for the first 46 years of her life, would I have taken the time to have been her friend?? Would you?
Maybe another question should be.....were you a friend before she became famous...if not, why now? She was quite well know singing karaoke, many must have known her.

Stevie and Wulla.....have you been friends for life....or just since 2009?
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:49 pm

TxTammy wrote:
bernicer wrote:
Maybe another question should be.....were you a friend before she became famous...if not, why now? She was quite well know singing karaoke, many must have known her.

Stevie and Wulla.....have you been friends for life....or just since 2009?

I think both knew Susan well before 2009. WW knew her family for years before, did he not,---and heard her sing at the Happy Valley? And I thought Graeme also had heard her sing previously before she made it big. It's not that big a place that it would be unusual for Susan to be known in her local area by many before BGT.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:52 pm

I think Wullawonta definitely knew Susan before she became famous -- went to school with her brothers, I think. Graeme, I'm not so sure about. He doesn't live THAT close to Blackburn. I wouldn't be surprised if his first awareness of Susan was just like everyone else's -- the audition.
Back to top Go down
toplass

toplass

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:44 am

Clix Pix wrote:
I think Wullawonta definitely knew Susan before she became famous -- went to school with her brothers, I think. Graeme, I'm not so sure about. He doesn't live THAT close to Blackburn. I wouldn't be surprised if his first awareness of Susan was just like everyone else's -- the audition.

I'm pretty sure the Stevieboy didn't know anything about Susan before 2009. I was sitting on the sidelines following the MSN chats that had just started up between the mods. Certain ones were egging him on to go to Blackburn and find out as much as he could. I remember him going for a pint in The Happy Valley in an attempt to get information that would help him make contact with Susan. The only link he had was that he knew someone who was a regular in Lorraine's pub. I have that particular MSN conversation saved on my old PC which is up on the attic. I must get it down and take a look at all this someday.
Back to top Go down
Haak

Haak

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 pm

I was always under the impression that WW knew one of Susan's brothers and WW's wife had known Susan's mother via a common hairdresser. Don't remember now where I read that.

I never thought that they were that well known to Susan...especially when I think back to the first NYC M&G when they were introduced to Susan. The interaction between the 3 of them just didn't seem to me as though they where that familiar to Susan but because they where from BB made it seem so to the casual observer. Just MHO.
Back to top Go down
kakariki

kakariki

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:47 pm

SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! 18502_10
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 pm

So now a couple of SBFII members claim that the twitter question from Susahumor regarding whether or not Susan wants negative as well as positive fan input was a gotcha question. Well, I must come clean. It was my question. I did ask it because I wanted to prove that a professional singer does want ALL fan input. This is how an artist grows. I also wanted to prove this to the powers that be at SBFII too. You fail to realize that Nic P and/or Susan could have totally ignored that question---however, they did not. Susan answered it. Just remember, her team DID ask for fan input about genres they wanted for this CD.

Now, obviously, it does not matter to many fans at SBFII what Susan says. After all, there has been an onslaught of responses from the usual members saying that criticism is not good. One member even said it might hurt Susan's feelings! Excuse me?? Isn't that a wee bit condescending? This is one of my arguments about that site. They are quick to attack anyone they perceive to be bullying Susan, yet it is OK for them to treat her like a 5 year old who needs their protection. I would like a dollar for every time they respond to a "contentious" post with, "Oh, Susan might be reading this". Do you not recall the 2 members who read to her as if she were a 5 year old? To me, Susan is a very strong, determined ADULT. That has been proven over and over. She deserves to be treated as one.

Oh, BTW, just to let you all know. We evildoers, at DJGs, are all for the most part absolutely head over heels about this new CD! How shocking is that?

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Just for clarity, the questions asked at the question&answer sessions came from members of SusaHumor using their own independent Twitter account (SusaHumorFans), which is not the same as the official forum account (SusaHumor). Questions asked were not specifically asked on behalf of the forum, but on behalf of forum members.
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm

And to be precise, 4 of the 6 questions posted were answered... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!   SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message! Empty

Back to top Go down

SBFII--Susan Gives You A Message!
Page 1 of 1