Lovin' Every Minute
Wabbit
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
whisper

whisper

Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 3:32 am

“What good is social class and status? Truthfulness is measured within. Pride in one's status is like poison - holding it in your hand and eating it, you shall die.”
Sri Guru Granth Sahib quote
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:24 pm

What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.
Author: Salman Rushdie, writer (b. 1947
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:40 pm

We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
Author: Victor Frankl
Back to top Go down
nevermore

nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:38 pm

whisper wrote:
What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.
How about posting that EW. Now that would be something...
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:11 pm

nevermore wrote:
whisper wrote:
How about posting that EW. Now that would be something...

Author: Salman Rushdie, writer (b. 1947)

I like that quote it is a good reminder even for myself. I do not like to offend and sometimes I need to remind myself that I also have freedom not only others.

Most of the time I post here and there.

Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Thoughts are free and subject to no rule. On them rests the freedom of man, and they tower above the light of nature...create a new heaven, a new firmament, a new source of energy from which new arts flow.
Author: Paracelsus
Back to top Go down
gday

gday

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Immaculate Heart College Art Department Rules (circa 1960's)
"Rule 8- Don't try to create and analyze at the same time. They're different processes."
Sister Mary Corita
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:16 pm

gday wrote:
Immaculate Heart College Art Department Rules (circa 1960's)
"Rule 8- Don't try to create and analyze at the same time. They're different processes."
Sister Mary Corita

That is so true...Smile Thank you.. sunny
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:06 am

"Our goal is the capacity never even to think ill of others."
- Eknath Easwaran

He is more advanced than I am, and I'm not so sure I ever want to arrive there completely, I still consider some people as rather bad or profoundly ignorant, if only to protect myself against them with that knowledge... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

You know the way out. Just Be the Love. If anything other than love shows up, just let it go. Just keep letting it go.
Author: Rananda
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."
Author: James Thurber
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:57 pm

People get into a heavy-duty sin and guilt trip, feeling that if things are going wrong, that means that they did something bad and they are being punished. That's not the idea at all. The idea of karma is that you continually get the teachings that you need to open your heart. To the degree that you didn't understand in the past how to stop protecting your soft spot, how to stop armoring your heart, you're given this gift of teachings in the form of your life, to give you everything you need to open further.
Author: Pema Chodron
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:03 pm

The greatest motivator for change is found in the middle ground between the things we love and the things we hate.
Author: Ruben Cortes
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 pm

The fear of making mistake seems to be a mortal sin to people but betrayal is the worst sin of all.

Betrayal is universal for people with no principles.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:47 pm

"The very desire to seek spiritual enlightenment is in fact nothing but the grasping tendency of the ego itself, and thus the very search for enlightenment prevents it. The 'perfect practice' is therefore not to search for enlightenment but to inquire into the motive for seeking itself. You obviously seek in order to avoid the present, and yet the present alone holds the answer: to seek forever is to miss the point forever. You always already are enlightened Spirit, and therefore to seek Spirit is simply to deny Spirit."
Author: Ken Wilber
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Shallow brooks are noisy.
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:33 pm

About life... Very Happy

"We don't know who we are. We don't know what we are as human beings, so we are divided against ourselves. On the one hand, we behave like separate creatures engaged in a struggle for survival with the rest of life. Yet at some deep level, we also know that this image of ourselves is inaccurate: that we are not separate by nature but part of a much larger whole, motivated not merely by personal survival but even more by love, ideals, beauty, a sense of right and wrong – values that can't be denied without losing something of our humanity."

- Eknath Easwaran
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:26 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

About life... Very Happy

"We don't know who we are. We don't know what we are as human beings, so we are divided against ourselves. On the one hand, we behave like separate creatures engaged in a struggle for survival with the rest of life. Yet at some deep level, we also know that this image of ourselves is inaccurate: that we are not separate by nature but part of a much larger whole, motivated not merely by personal survival but even more by love, ideals, beauty, a sense of right and wrong – values that can't be denied without losing something of our humanity."

- Eknath Easwaran

Beautiful and so true...Thank you Tonnie...Smile
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:59 am

“There's only one thing that can guarantee our failure, and that's if we quit.”

“Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit”

(authors unknown) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 am

"My heart. My tears. Tears in hearts with tears and hearts. Hearts from tears and hearts. Hearts in tears from hearts." - Some Italian guy who seriously needs to get a freakin' job. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
nevermore

nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 am

His posters are shit, his words, drivel.
Diane B Nevermore
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 am

"I am opposed to any form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson

dancin
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:18 pm

“All thoughts vibrate eternally in the cosmos…Thoughts are universally and not individually rooted; a truth cannot be created, but only perceived. The erroneous thoughts of man result from imperfections in his discernment. The goal of yoga science is to calm the mind, that without distortion it may mirror the divine visions of the universe.”
Paramhansa Yogananda
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
Abraham Lincoln

Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.
Mahatma Gandhi
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:59 pm

“The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.”
Thucydides

“He who is brave is free.”
Seneca

“I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”
Soren Kierkegaard

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.”
Stephen R. Covey
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:24 pm

"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."
--Kris Kristofferson, "Me and Bobby McGee", as made famous by the inimitable Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 pm

“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”
― Henry David Thoreau
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Clix Pix wrote:
--Kris Kristofferson, "Me and Bobby McGee", as made famous by the inimitable Janis Joplin
I don't understand this one: said like that, it sounds like a negative thing, instead IMO responsably used freedom is one of the great gifts of life, like bread, air and love... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:
Clix Pix wrote:
I don't understand this one: said like that, it sounds like a negative thing, instead IMO responsably used freedom is one of the great gifts of life, like bread, air and love... Rolling Eyes

I never understood it, either, tonnie. Probably just in the context of that song it made sense.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:58 pm

In the context of the song, yes, it makes sense, and hearing Janis belting it out makes sense..... For some reason, that particular phrase just popped into my head when seeing all these quotes about freedom.

Actually, it's about being truly free, unfettered: if you have nothing, then there is nothing to lose.....

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free,
Feelin' good was easy, Lord, when Bobby sang the blues,
And buddy, that was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee."
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom.
Simone de Beauvoir

Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.
Jean-Paul Sartre
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:46 pm

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
Buddha
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Every mistake we make has a purpose. Made because of karma, it offers an opportunity for some of that karma to be undone. This is the battle of life, and it is good to be aware that below the surface, it has already been joined. Restlessness, dissatisfaction with life on the superficial level, even a nagging conscience, are all signs that the upward and downward forces of evolution are struggling deep within. If the struggle is not pleasant, we should remember that merely to be aware of it means that we have reached a point where we are ready to take our evolution into our hands.

Eknath Easwaran I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 am

“One should say before sleeping: I have lived many lives. I have been a slave and a prince. Many a beloved has sat upon my knee and I have sat upon the knees of many a beloved. Everything that has been shall be again.”
― W.B. Yeats
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:28 pm

“Do not say a little in many words but a great deal in a few.” Very Happy
― Pythagoras
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quotes on humor and truth
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next