skywriter
fudgemeister
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:00 pm

WAMcKinley wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Okay,---group hug, everybody!! And then we'll all join hands and sing a few verses of "Kumbaya!!" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Only if our mod OKs it!

And just who might THAT be?? Did we acquire a mod while I wasn't looking?? Damn!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
DJG is the mod here! laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Okay,---group hug, everybody!! And then we'll all join hands and sing a few verses of "Kumbaya!!" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Only if our mod OKs it!

And just who might THAT be?? Did we acquire a mod while I wasn't looking?? Damn!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
DJG is the mod here! laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor
-

Oh,----him. I guess that's why we get away with anything* around here!!------- Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2

*anything= speaking our minds, expressing our own opinions, engaging in adult conversation w/o fear of reprisal. Oh, and "going off-topic regularly and on purpose."

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:11 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Only if our mod OKs it!

Crikey, have I been promoted?! I'm always the last to know! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Why are there a bunch of people who have resigned a few to dozens of times apiece....yet they are usually back in the forum the next day? confused confused confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Why are there a bunch of people who have resigned a few to dozens of times apiece....yet they are usually back in the forum the next day? confused confused confused confused confused

Yikes! Who all have resigned?? And maybe a better question:-----why??
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:16 pm

skywriter wrote:

Great post, Emmylou! I love it when you use your sarcasm font!

This controversy has finally brought about the member discussion (I was one back then) that SBFII should have had in November, 2009, when Susan was in New York at Rock Plaza. On her way to lunch with the fans, some "overly enthusiastic" fan grabbed her from behind, scared and upset her badly. Everyone knew it happened, even knew who did it. Was it discussed, even without naming a name? No, of course not. No matter how "enthusiastic" one might feel, there really are bright lines between what is okay and what is not. Instead of discussing acceptable fan behavior, any reference to the incident was shushed up. Now, I am NOT equating these two examples. But they both touch upon the reticence and respect fans (especially from her #1 Fansite) should show. Susan gets to act like she's "one of us," but we don't. Because she isn't, and none of us fans should presume upon her friendliness, her hospitality, or her privacy. We're not her "sisters," not her family, not her neighbors. Some are familiar fan faces--in the context of fan gatherings, not on her doorstep--but most of us are total strangers to her. The instant defensiveness that met Bernice's mild post, and the outright lies that followed, would seem to indicate the visitors themselves knew they'd overstepped the mark. But just suppose...

Suppose Bernice made her post, and one of the visitors online at the time said, "Yes, that was us, but the story didn't get it quite right..." then went on to explain the circumstances. Suppose the visitor even acknowledged that it might seem pushy now, but at the time it didn't seem so; that they only chatted briefly on her doorstep, and Susan enjoyed seeing them. Their obvious answer to anyone who might think this was wrong would be to say, "Well, we spoke to Andy who said to use our best judgment, so we did, and we were there, you weren't."

Instead there were lies, recriminations, all the usual accusations about how this site is trying to "bring down" SBFII. People getting angry, people resigning, lots of unnecessary strife. That visit didn't damage Susan, but it did damage SBFII. Its credibility was already stretched, now it's in tatters. How can anyone believe its officials when their first instinct is to lie and circle the wagons? How can anyone take seriously all the whining about "the same, few people," when those people were banned or resigned long ago? And it wasn't a few, it was a lot. If SBFII members are afraid to post, it isn't because of this site. It's because running afoul of the admins and mods will get them chastised or pre-moderated (i.e. censored) or banned. Finally, to accuse the people who were kicked out of being bullies is just plain ludicrous. How about saving the term "bully" for the very serious and tragic cases it describes. Guests of this little forum aren't cornered in an alleyway or abused on the playground. They may come and read what we have to say. If they don't like what they read, they don't have to stay.

Great post Sky. You always have a way of saying the right thing. Smile

clap clap clap clap clap clap

Back to top Go down
Haak

Haak

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Well done Skywriter. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and now we have the added bonus of EmmyLou. clap clap

As for the goings and comings elsewhere, Popcorn wouldn't it just be less confusing if they had a sticky thread and labeled it the "Revolving Door" or some such thing? knitting
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Haak wrote:
Well done Skywriter. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and now we have the added bonus of EmmyLou. clap clap

As for the goings and comings elsewhere, Popcorn wouldn't it just be less confusing if they had a sticky thread and labeled it the "Revolving Door" or some such thing? knitting

We've been commenting on their revolving door for years,----so I think that's a good suggestion. So many who leave there are back again in short order! Short tempers= hasty retreats= frequent regrets= apologetic returns. (Repeat as needed.)
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:58 am

fudgemeister wrote:
Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

bajaraquel

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:43 am

fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Only if our mod OKs it!

Geeze, you can't leave this place for a day and we get mods. Is there a spray for that?
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:50 am

bajaraquel wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
WAMcKinley wrote:
Only if our mod OKs it!

Geeze, you can't leave this place for a day and we get mods. Is there a spray for that?
DJG is our mod. It shows how much he does it, because no one seems to know that he IS the mod. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:24 am

Haak wrote:

Emmylou is the real jackpot here. She's got actual education, knows what she's talking about, makes all kinds of good sense, and writes like a dream. And you're not so bad yourself, Haak.

Fact is we've got a great bunch of smart, funny, articulate people here, all of us subversive in our own little ways--and some of us in big ways...Fudge. LOL! Wabbit's post and the discussion about moles got me remembering Fudge's umpteenth pre-mod sojourn in the Naughty Corner and his ultimate banishment by the Dark Tower from the Land of Mordor. I dare say we all could see it coming for quite a while. We should have run a book on it, taken bets on the day, hour and minute. I also gotta say, Fudge, I admire you for hanging in as long as you did and trying to make a difference. I only got censored once, said f**k off, and I was outta there. You stayed in the ring swinging. And I agree with whomever wrote "Lost causes are the ones we should be fighting for." You done good, Fudge.

So moles...so what? I think it's a hoot that having once kicked us out, the EWers now seem to hang on our every word. It's a symbiotic relationship, their forum and ours. We need grist (not Grits!) for DJG's humour mill, and heaven knows they provide us an endless supply. Being the drama queens they are, they require endless drama, and we provide a constant source of outrage for them. They get to make threats and cry bully and get their knickers in a twist on a daily basis. The beauty part is we don't even need to be there, because our mere existence makes it all our fault! How cool is that!

Thing is, I'd say the same things there as I do here--well, no, because the conversation wouldn't be as lively. I guess I mean I don't give a rat's ass who reads what I write, because I only have one version. It's too much trouble for me to keep two sets of facts, two sets of acceptable opinions, complete with opposing story lines and alternate endings, depending on who I think I'm trying to impress. So we read them, they read us. I know which chair I want to curl up in.

No, you can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you just might find
You get what you need

Last edited by skywriter on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:46 am

Wow. Thank you so much for the compliments, sky. hug

There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?
Robert Kennedy

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 am

Great posting Sky. Smile

clap clap clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:59 am

Embarassed Many thanks, guys. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 am

So I have to ask myself, "Where's the limit?" Sky, you've totally outdone yourself all over again!!! Brilliant piece of work and you have probably articulated virtually everyone's feeling from our site!!! Nice work!!! They just get better and better!!!
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Susahumor forum, active since september 2009 and still going strong, apparently we have stood very well "the test of time and human foibles"...
laughfloor laughfloor Band laughfloor laughfloor
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Anywhere is on topic: please no flat 3D, NO NO NO... No No No No

Susan live and Susan's voice are real, even a video of her performance is real enough. That proposal is crazy. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:10 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

Susan live and Susan's voice are real, even a video of her performance is real enough. That proposal is crazy. Suspect

The alleged l**nies are suggesting having some kind of virtual 3D version of her appear at the musical if she can't show up. Frankly, I think it would be better if she just showed up as advertised, rather than potentially pissing off the paying public. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:15 pm

If 3-D cannot be done......what about Flat Susan?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Admin wrote:
tonnie_rocca wrote:

The alleged l**nies are suggesting having some kind of virtual 3D version of her appear at the musical if she can't show up. Frankly, I think it would be better if she just showed up as advertised, rather than potentially pissing off the paying public. Rolling Eyes

Like STAR WARS!

Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Emmylou wrote:
Like STAR WARS!
laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 pm

More new crap from the alleged l**nies! Wink Twisted2

Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Admin wrote:
More new crap from the alleged l**nies! Wink Twisted2
Great boss, thanks, I bet tonight we break the record of our real guest visitors... laughcry laughcry
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Help me, Obi-wan! You're my only hope!
laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Well, the Susa3D idea seems to have died. Razz
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Emmylou wrote:

Love your avatar Emmylou...... clapping
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm

To all postermakers and I-know-what-Susan-thinks-ers: please don't desecrate this pic of a happy and beautiful Susan, it's more than good enough as it is, there's nothing to improve on it by your hands... Suspect

Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 1zcfll10
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Emmylou wrote:

But looking at their new member list, it appears they're using their Virtual Member product! Laughing
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Oh, and please don't forget that according to He-Who-Thinks-He-Is-A-Mod, politics is "VERBATIM" ...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:29 pm

janakimack wrote:
Oh, and please don't forget that according to He-Who-Thinks-He-Is-A-Mod, politics is "VERBATIM" ...

If he doesn't have a dictionary to help him spell, he should look up big words in his Pubic Library!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:00 pm

skywriter wrote:
janakimack wrote:

If he doesn't have a dictionary to help him spell, he should look up big words in his Pubic Library!

They need one of these! Wink

Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 Dickon10
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:08 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Well, I couldn't find a picture of a pubic Library. Some things just shouldn't be photographed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!   Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Destruction?! -Do Not Blame Us!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next