Admin
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

CD#5 is a Christmas album Empty
PostSubject: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Amazon tell us (several days before the promised announcement on Susan's official site) that her 5th CD will be another Christmas songs collection, due for release at the end of October:

http://www.amazon.com/Home-For-Christmas-Susan-Boyle/dp/B00F0O8SZK/

Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
monkey

monkey

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Brilliant career move for Susan!!!!---NOT
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:44 pm

I am disgusted! I am upset! I am pissed off! I am horrified! NO WAY am I buying this CD! Thank you so much Sony and Susan!Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick 
Back to top Go down
Thornton

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Unbelievable! I usually buy multiple copies of Susan's CD's but I am not sure now if I will purchase even one copy. A major disappointment! Has this album something to do with her appearance in a Christmas-themed movie?
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:45 pm

I was hoping for jazzy upbeat. Syco/Sony took the easy way out, too bad. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:10 pm

To anyone and everyone disgusted with this choice, Sony, Susan, and her team MUST be made aware of fan displeasure with this choice. It makes NO sense to turn public threads into private threads when fans are voicing such discontent. This is TRULY what REAL fans do. That is the only way to get things changed. A change in record labels is now in order!
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:33 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
To anyone and everyone disgusted with this choice, Sony, Susan, and her team MUST be made aware of fan displeasure with this choice. It makes NO sense to turn public threads into private threads when fans are voicing such discontent. This is TRULY what REAL fans do. That is the only way to get things changed. A change in record labels is now in order!
But, but Fudge to be a real fan you always clapping no matter what shlag CD is produced. People will listen to the telephone book if Susan sings it...Twisted2 

Serious, I am disapointed because I was hoping for the songs she sang on her concert tour in Scotland. I had to big expectation that canot be delivered. The disapointment is really  my problem.
It  all comes down to making money and hoping enough people will buy and  that is reality of a materialistc society.

Last edited by whisper on Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thornton

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:44 pm

I am hoping that if a concert series is undertaken in 2014, an album with songs that Susan sings in the concert, possibly with some "live" recordings, will be released.

Another Christmas album seems like a cheap substitute for something that should have showcased Susan's improved vocal technique and performance skills. I imagine that a lot of the songs on the 5th album are ones that are in the public domain. Possibly this will be her last album with Sony/Syco? Unless another album is planned for release earlier than usual in 2014, I am surprised that Andy S. went along with it. The Christmas album seems to me to be about economics and not about artistic growth.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:51 pm

This song sucks, but it certainly sums it up!

Back to top Go down
gday

gday

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:01 pm

It's all about the money, honey. And Sony is good like that. To hell with individual creativity. McDonald's hamburgers sell and so do thousands of Christmas songs. This person is not buying Home for Christmas. Mad
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:04 pm

If Sony is marketing to countries, most of whom don't even know what Susan is doing these days. Then Christmas is a safe bet.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Remember there was a rumor of another label being interested in signing her? Oh, if only she had walked!!!!!
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:28 pm

I think at times we forget that Susan is a Christian and her music relfects her faith...? Maybe if we look from that point we are exspecting CDs from her she might not be willing to do.
She wants to appeal to a specific group of people not all people.
Those of different faiths will not be interested.

Yes money is the driving force I am sure.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:29 pm

whisper wrote:
I think at times we forget that Susan is a Christian and her music relfects her faith...? Maybe if we look from that point we are exspecting CDs from her she might not be willing to do.
You will never convince me that this was her choice. This was Sony ALL THE WAY!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:31 pm

I am NEVER buying a Sony product EVER AGAIN!
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:33 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
whisper wrote:
Maybe colaberation between Sony and Susan...? Maybe Andy sees a value in this CD for Susan, money for all concernend....cash cash cash cash cash cash 
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:50 pm

I am disappointed and wish CD#5 was songs from her concert tour. However, I will buy this album and also give it as gifts. Most of the people I cross paths, who don't know what Susan is doing these days, with will love this album.

Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:53 pm

The only possible way to cheer a bunch of us up is to suddenly announce "and there is going to be a CD No. 6 this year!!! Bawl Bawl Bawl Bawl Bawl Bawl Bawl Bawl 
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:56 pm

I guess any US tour will be in mega churches!No No No No No Bawl Bawl Bawl 
Back to top Go down
Thornton

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:36 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Heaven help us!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
trennie

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Thornton wrote:
I am hoping that if a concert series is undertaken in 2014, an album with songs that Susan sings in the concert, possibly with some "live" recordings, will be released.

Another Christmas album seems like a cheap substitute for something that should have showcased Susan's improved vocal technique and performance skills. I imagine that a lot of the songs on the 5th album are ones that are in the public domain. Possibly this will be her last album with Sony/Syco? Unless another album is planned for release earlier than usual in 2014, I am surprised that Andy S. went along with it. The Christmas album seems to me to be about economics and not about artistic growth.
Did it ever occur to you guys that Susan isn't like some pretentious indie garage band that blithers constantly about "artistic growth" and their "artistic vision". She's a wee wifey from Blackburn, born with a voice, who just wants to sing beautiful music that expresses what's in her heart. Sorry, that's not enough for some.
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:47 pm

My reaction this morning to this news?  SHIT!!!!!!  

I will listen to the previews when they become available on iTunes and I will download any tracks which I particularly like, and that's it.   I'm not giving the album as a gift to anyone because most of my friends either dislike Christmas music in general or they don't care for Susan Boyle.  

While I can see the marketing strategy at work here -- a tie-in with the upcoming "The Christmas Candle" film -- I don't think that this was the smartest move for Susan's own professional career.   Too bad, too sad......
Back to top Go down
donaha

donaha

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:57 pm

whisper wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:
whisper wrote:
Maybe colaberation between Sony and Susan...?  Maybe Andy sees a value in this CD for Susan, money for all concernend....cash cash cash cash cash cash 
I don't think Susan and Andy are unusual at all in wanting a cd to sell. That is what ALL pop artists want or they wouldn't be in the business.
Back to top Go down
Thornton

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:08 pm

trennie wrote:
Thornton wrote:

Did it ever occur to you guys that Susan isn't like some pretentious indie garage band that blithers constantly about "artistic growth" and their "artistic vision".  She's a wee wifey from Blackburn, born with a voice, who just wants to sing beautiful music that expresses what's in her heart.  Sorry, that's not enough for some.
Susan, in my opinion, is more than a "wee wifey from Blackburn". I believe you once said that all of Susan's life experiences are contained in the performance that she gives each song. It takes an artist to do that and although I am not a singer, I do know something about living the life of an artist.

I apologize, Trennie, if I put words into your mouth.
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:10 pm

I will buy Susan's 5th CD, as I have everyone she has produced, but I am disappointed also.

I was really hoping for a CD of the songs she sang on her Scotland Tour.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:20 pm

trennie wrote:
Thornton wrote:

Did it ever occur to you guys that Susan isn't like some pretentious indie garage band that blithers constantly about "artistic growth" and their "artistic vision".  She's a wee wifey from Blackburn, born with a voice, who just wants to sing beautiful music that expresses what's in her heart.  Sorry, that's not enough for some.
I think you have something Trennie.
"Susan is who she is meant to be." She never has been anything but a wee wifiey and we at times forget that she lives and sings her faith. She never pretended to be something that she is not. We are the one with hopes and project them on her...Shocked 
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:26 pm

whisper wrote:
trennie wrote:
Thornton wrote:

I think you have something Trennie.
"Susan is who she is meant to be." She never has been anything but a wee wifiey and we at times forget that she lives and sings her faith. She never pretended to be something that she is not. We are the one with hopes and project them on her...Shocked 
I just disagree. All discussions and interviews and past videos all show that she had a great love for popular music. This is branding and safe sales for Sony.
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:34 pm

This time I will buy one (1) copy for myself, but not bother others (kids, friends) with it, to me it seems a big missed chance... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:43 pm

If Sony was smart, they would produce a CD with songs on it like Susan did on the Scotland Tour.

THAT........ is what Susan's fans really long for.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:54 pm

I have to clarify that non of the songs on CD 5 mean anything to me and I am a Christian. I think it is cultural. I always saw them as shlag music and have found them very annoying being played and subjected to them in the store righ after Thanksgiving. I am very simple when it comes to Christmas and like music that has meanig to me.
Maybe Americans who see them as typically Christmas and grew up with them might find them appealing. It is I who cultually is out off step.
Hope the CD makes much money for Susan and that is in the end the buttom line.

Last edited by whisper on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
monkey

monkey

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:01 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
I don't honestly believe there will be any this year or next. They will let the record sell itself from the shelves. Another reason to make a Christmas record.

Maybe when Susan said her long-term career was ensured it was because she agreed to do a Christmas album and stay out of the way of all the other SONY and Columbia superstars. I don't think she wants to be a worldwide star anyway. She is happier in Scotland-especially if a bunch of Americans come running over there to see her all the time. Not that she has time for those who will only make it over there once.

Personally I hope pre-sales crash and burn

So much for the fun ride with Susan. Somehow I got my hopes up with the concert tour that we would get more Susan rather than less, but I don't think so now. She may tour in Ireland-but not here. She may do a week in
Vegas and figure everyone will flock to Vegas to see her, but it doesn't do most of us a bit of good. And dog forbid anyone should video the Vegas performance. 1 cd a year is all we get and 2 out of 5 are Christmas albums.

But it is Susan who will be hospitalized when it all ends because of SONY and poor decisions.
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 pm

bernicer wrote:
#1 on movers and shakers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/movers-and-shakers/music/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsms
I have pre-ordered the 5th CD. I like Christmas music but I also would like to hear Susan sing  songs like she did in Scotland.

Most of us will never get to see Susan in person. There should be something for everyone.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 pm

bernicer wrote:
#1 on movers and shakers

How can it be Nr 1 if it is not out...??? Quite expensive too...Shocked
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:10 pm

whisper wrote:
bernicer wrote:
#1 on movers and shakers

How can it be Nr 1 if it is not out...??? Quite expensive too...Shocked
It can be pre-ordered, and they will adjust the price when it is released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CD#5 is a Christmas album   CD#5 is a Christmas album Empty

Back to top Go down

CD#5 is a Christmas album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next