Lovin' Every Minute
Wabbit
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
whisper

whisper

Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 pm

ohn Foster Dulles
The world will never have lasting peace so long as men reserve for war the finest human qualities. Peace, no less than war, requires idealism and self-sacrifice and a righteous and dynamic faith.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Robert Fulghum
Peace is not something you wish for; it's something you make, something you do, something you are, something you give away.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Eugene V Debs
While there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prision, I am not free.
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Ralph Waldo Emerson:

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Marcia Wieder:

When we are doing what we love, we don't care about time. For at least at that moment, time doesn't exist and we are truly free.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Sydney J. Harris
It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Confucious
Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Sara Paddison, The Hidden Power of the Heart
Being vulnerable doesn't have to be threatening. Just have the courage to be sincere, open and honest. This opens the door to deeper communication all around. It creates self-empowerment and the kind of connections with others we all want in life. Speaking from the heart frees us from the secrets that burden us. These secrets are what make us sick or fearful. Speaking truth helps you get clarity on your real heart directives.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:29 pm

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice’ ...

Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Lao-Tzu (600 B.C.)
Water is fluid, soft, and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft, and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is soft is strong.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Thomas More
The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Unknown
Becoming and being are the yin and yang of our lives. One inner one outer. Today, we value becoming to the exclusion of being; we applaud human becomings. The secret is balance.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Lao Tzu
Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:36 pm

John Churton Collins
In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.
Back to top Go down
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:39 pm

If you have a forum and want people to find it, then check your link from the main page, it could be (almost) hidden... laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:01 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

If you have a forum and want people to find it, then check your link from the main page, it could be (almost) hidden... laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor

laughfloor laughfloor laughfloor
perhpas I should post the second part of the dixies project there, for the most "atrevidos" laughcry laughcry
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Albert Einstein
...one of the strongest motives that lead men to art and science is escape from everyday life with its painful crudity and hopeless dreariness, from the fetters of one's own ever-shifting desires. A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Albert Einstein
You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:13 pm

whisper wrote:
Albert Einstein
You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.

Awww hell. And I thought it had to do with electric pulses and radio waves and all sorts of other spooky technological stuff that I'd never be able to understand.

That's why he's . . . . . Einstein, and I'm me. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Lovin' Every Minute wrote:
whisper wrote:
Albert Einstein

Awww hell. And I thought it had to do with electric pulses and radio waves and all sorts of other spooky technological stuff that I'd never be able to understand.

That's why he's . . . . . Einstein, and I'm me. Embarassed

The cat has a long tail... cat affraid
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 pm

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."
Martin Luther King Jr
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 pm

bernicer wrote:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."
Martin Luther King Jr

Yes so true... clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
gday

gday

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:30 pm

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." Mae West
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 am

"as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; as fishes are suddenly taken in a net, unhappy for them, which is at once cast over them, while they are sporting and playing in the water, and catching at the bait; and as birds, being decoyed, are unawares taken in a snare; that is, both of them know not the time of their being caught......"

(I think this is some Biblical reference; I ran across it while re-reading a favorite old novel and it just struck me as being especially apropos to the situation we see now with SBFII and such)

Last edited by Clix Pix on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:53 am

gday wrote:
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." Mae West

Definitely.

"Variety is the spice of life." Unknown
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:00 am

We have to laugh. Because laughter, we already know, is the first evidence of freedom.
Rosario Castellanos

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:01 am

Whoever knows he is deep, strives for clarity; whoever would like to appear deep to the crowd, strives for obscurity. For the crowd considers anything deep if only it cannot see to the bottom: the crowd is so timid and afraid of going into the water.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
bernicer

bernicer

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Freedoms, like privileges, prevail or are imperiled together You cannot harm or strive to achieve one without harming or furthering all.
Jose Marti

Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Isak Dinesen
Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:19 pm

bernicer wrote:
Freedoms, like privileges, prevail or are imperiled together You cannot harm or strive to achieve one without harming or furthering all.
Jose Marti

Laughing Laughing Glad to see that someone has been paying attention to the duende Wink dancin dancin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 am

It is human nature to take things for granted and think that they will last forever. But life is short and all things are fleeting, and we must treasure the moments where there is peace and we are with our loved ones.

-- Master Cheng Yen
Back to top Go down
johnnycake

johnnycake

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:04 am

BohemianSpirit wrote:
It is human nature to take things for granted and think that they will last forever. But life is short and all things are fleeting, and we must treasure the moments where there is peace and we are with our loved ones.

-- Master Cheng Yen
\

Amen.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Doc Childre, Self Empowerment
Self-empowerment - that's learning to respect other people's music, but dance to your own tune as you master harmony within yourself.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Jane Haddam
In my day, we didn't have self-esteem, we had self-respect, and no more of it than we had earned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:36 pm

whisper wrote:
Doc Childre, Self Empowerment
Self-empowerment - that's learning to respect other people's music, but dance to your own tune as you master harmony within yourself.

What a great quote...Have this one on my fridge now. WONDERFUL!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quotes on humor and truth   Quotes on humor and truth - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quotes on humor and truth
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next