janakimack
tonnie_rocca
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tonnie_rocca

tonnie_rocca

Announcement referred to the 1st of April Empty
PostSubject: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 am

We are proud to announce that two outstanding members of this forum have been invited to Susan’s private birthday party in Scotland, to represent the entire fandom.
They were selected by Susan and her staff for their great sense of humour, respectfulness and not-invasiveness.

This was known already since some time to the inner circle of this forum (members-not-mods), but now we can announce it publicly.
The two members are from different parts of the UK (north and south), and are by now almost on their way to the mansion in Scotland.

Interesting is also that the two fans never met each other before, so they will have a wonderful time anyway.
Of course we don’t give names.

The two representatives hope to share a good joke with Susan, to tell her how much we appreciate her singing, courage and sense of humour, and will give her no other presents than the well-wishings of the fans and a bunch of flowers, not even 50!
So no need for Susan to even say “Holy Shit”, (which actually can best be translated as “Bl**dy Quilt”).
And all this to keep Susan in the centre of attention on her birthday, and not themselves.

Not to spoil the occasion, they will not tell her (now) that we fans want more upbeat swinging music and less prayers.
They even plan to stay not longer than an hour or so, in order not to not invade too much this private party, just the time for a chat, a drink and a snack.
No pics or videos will be made, there will only follow an account of the facts in the good old Dyebat style: funny and essential.

Some of you reading this might think it’s an April Fool’s joke. It’s definitely not, as Susan is not an April Fool.

We wish the two selected members a good time, better, we are sure that they will make the best of the occasion... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

More to follow. cheering cheering cheering

Last edited by tonnie_rocca on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.digiter.it/albaen.htm
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:31 am

Yes, I was thrilled to hear that two of our members were invited to attend. It's about time too that we got some recognition and acknowledgement. I hope they have a ball - anyway, we can be assured of a damn good laugh !!!

cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 am

excellent post! excellent post! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:59 pm

Quote :
We are proud to announce that two outstanding members of this forum have been invited to Susan’s private birthday party in Scotland, to represent the entire fandom.
They were selected by Susan and her staff for their great sense of humour, respectfulness and not-invasiveness.

How nice to see these people get the recognition they deserve! Have a great time!
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:02 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

This was known already since some time to the inner circle of this forum (members-not-mods), but now we can announce it publicly.
The two members are from different parts of the UK (north and south), and are by now almost on their way to the mansion in Scotland.

Interesting is also that the two fans never met each other before, so they will have a wonderful time anyway.

The two representatives hope to share a good joke with Susan, to tell her how much we appreciate her singing, courage and sense of humour, and will give her no other presents than the well-wishings of the fans and a bunch of flowers, not even 50!
So no need for Susan to even say “Holy Shit”, (which actually can best be translated as “Bl**dy Quilt”).
And all this to keep Susan in the centre of attention on her birthday, and not themselves.

Not to spoil the occasion, they will not tell her (now) that we fans want more upbeat swinging music and less prayers.
They even plan to stay not longer than an hour or so, in order not to not invade too much this private party, just the time for a chat, a drink and a snack.
No pics or videos will be made, there will only follow an account of the facts in the good old Dyebat style: funny and essential.

Some of you reading this might think it’s an April Fool’s joke. It’s definitely not, as Susan is not an April Fool.

We wish the two selected members a good time, better, we are sure that they will make the best of the occasion... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ahhh I get it...inner circle...good to know.... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by whisper on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed to simplify answer....)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:41 pm

I was thrilled when I saw that these two were going. Especially the one from the South. Can't wait until they get back and tell us how the big evening went. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

cheering bagpipes Band bagpipes Band bagpipes Band bagpipes cheering
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Wait. This is about OUR forum? Shocked I must not be part of the "inner circle" Sad because this is the first I've heard of it. But what fantastic news! I am sure that anyone representing our forum will know how to be both respectful and add to Susan's enjoyment of the occasion. cheering Let the good times roll! Hope they ALL have a good time, most especially Susan.

P.S. - I thought the only "circles" this forum had were Dante's Circles of Hell...
Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2
Back to top Go down
bajaraquel

bajaraquel

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:39 pm

tonnie_rocca wrote:

Holy shit we have mods on this forum does Fudge know that? Inner circle of what, a tyre? Congrats to those going! Hope they take some pretty flowers, like gladiolas. Vibrant and beautiful like Susan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:33 pm

bajaraquel wrote:
Inner circle of what, a tyre?

My bet is still on Dante's Inferno. Twisted2 Or maybe Disco Inferno. afro Burn, baby, burn!

dancin cheering quilty cheering dancin
Back to top Go down
CattyWumpus

CattyWumpus

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Frankly, the use of the phrase "inner circle" is a bit of a turn-off. I understand that there are cliques everywhere, and also that people have groups of friends, but that phrasing suggests that that group has more power and importance than the hoi polloi. Which may well be true, but it's not fun having it rubbed in.

That aside, sincere congrats the select two, and hope you have a great, quilt-free time!!!!
Band
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Ooh, how exciting!!!! I almost missed this wonderful news!!!! Congratulations to the lucky two -- they know who they are! -- and the rest of us shall wait patiently for their reports when they return to us! As for flowers -- Daffodils! Sign of Spring, sign of new life arising, beautiful and colorful -- just like Susan! It's no accident that she was born in the most wonderful time of the year!
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Announcement referred to the 1st of April Congra12

To The Lucky Two. Smile

May you have a BALL. I hope you don't get dizzy spinning around in the inner circle. If you don't have a good time I have a lot of tennis BALLS I could send you. Just volley and serve and you will survive. Smile

LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag LOLflag

Last edited by Wacky Wabbit on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Well, truth be told, we actually DON'T have an inner circle here - it was simply because these two actually live in the UK that it was decided amongst us that they should be the ones to attend!!!

Which in turn makes us all happy and hope they have a whopping time ...

Band cheering Band cheering Band cheering Band
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:29 pm

janakimack wrote:
Well, truth be told, we actually DON'T have an inner circle here - it was simply because these two actually live in the UK that it was decided amongst us that they should be the ones to attend!!!

Which in turn makes us all happy and hope they have a whopping time ...

Band cheering Band cheering Band cheering Band

I know. Just trying to have some fun and not be serious all of the time. And I have a lot of tennis balls to spare. Do you want some. ?? Smile

Last edited by Wacky Wabbit on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Deleted...

Last edited by janakimack on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clix Pix

Clix Pix

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Oh, we just KNOW they'll have a super, super time together! Imagine.....an opportunity not only to meet Susan in person and mingle with her family, friends and (famous) colleagues, but also to have the opportunity to get to know each other better, too! Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:23 pm

There is not part in any "inn group", and it is nothing to do with the forums, it's all I am saying Wink We better stop this speculation or the owners of Susan will put their efforts to boicot this excellent opportunity for 2 of our most lovelies Twisted2 dancin

Announcement referred to the 1st of April Zip_it11

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 pm

I know I've been selected. Who is the other?
Back to top Go down
TxTammy

TxTammy

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:47 pm

ndcoop wrote:
When did you move to the UK? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:52 pm

OliveOyl wrote:
ndcoop wrote:
When did you move to the UK? Very Happy
ahhh..... maybe there are three of us then.
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I've never been part of any "in crowd" thus far in life, no surprise I'm not part of this one.

Congratulations and very best wishes to the chosen two. You'll have a grand time, and the only thing you must do is see and hear and remember every single thing for the rest of us. Or we'll tie you to stakes in the desert and let vultures eat your hearts. And none of that "I had to sleep sometime" crap. No you don't. You can sleep lots of times, this isn't one of them. Bon voyage!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:08 pm

skywriter wrote:
I've never been part of any "in crowd" thus far in life, no surprise I'm not part of this one.

Congratulations and very best wishes to the chosen two. You'll have a grand time, and the only thing you must do is see and hear and remember every single thing for the rest of us. Or we'll tie you to stakes in the desert and let vultures eat your hearts. And none of that "I had to sleep sometime" crap. No you don't. You can sleep lots of times, this isn't one of them. Bon voyage!
We can set up a skype group, it is not difficult and many of us are on skype already, although it could be very difficult to be attending the party and trying to talk to the rest of us

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:14 pm

It is certainly fair that Susan gets to meet other fans from other forums; NOT just the inner clique of SBFII! It is amazing how it is the SAME people from SBFII seeing her over and over again! To that other forum, do not worry, we have instructed the two going that they MUST have their toes done for the party!
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:14 pm

skywriter wrote:

[/i]

Sky niter have ...I dislike when people are excluded.
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:15 pm

lulu wrote:
skywriter wrote:

We can set up a skype group, it is not difficult and many of us are on skype already, although it could be very difficult to be attending the party and trying to talk to the rest of us

Twisted Evil

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:16 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
It is certainly fair that Susan gets to meet other fans from other forums; NOT just the inner clique of SBFII! It is amazing how it is the SAME people from SBFII seeing her over and over again! To that other forum, do not worry, we have instructed the two going that they MUST have their toes done for the party!

But we have asked them kindly to please NOT take photos and exhibit them here!!! We find that crass - i.e. not fabulous and not classy!!!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:28 pm

janakimack wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:

But we have asked them kindly to please NOT take photos and exhibit them here!!! We find that crass - i.e. not fabulous and not classy!!!
Do you know who claims that she is classy and fabulous?? Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry
Back to top Go down
skywriter

skywriter

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 pm

It's always the ones who claim to be that never are!
Back to top Go down
janakimack

janakimack

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
janakimack wrote:
fudgemeister wrote:

Do you know who claims that she is classy and fabulous?? Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry laughcry

But of course, why do you think I mentioned it?!?! Cuckoo
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:32 pm

WHAT IS THIS CRAP THAT WE WILL NOT BE GETTING REPORTS???????? TIME TO FIRE THE BOSS, DJG!!! HEY, DEEG, THAT OTHER SITE ALLOWS REPORTS, SCREW SUSAN'S PRIVACY!!!!! Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2
Back to top Go down
WAMcKinley

WAMcKinley

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:36 pm

Doggone, why am I always the last to hear about these choice invitations?? That's going to be one fantastic party!! But I'm so glad to hear you two are planning to be low-key about this, letting it be all about Susan for a change and not all about how many pictures or signatures you can get. Good for you!! I'm proud you'll be our representatives!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 pm

As you know a few of us from the other side of the pond were a bit miffed that there were two from the UK chosen. But once we got to thinking about it we soon pulled together and agreed that the choices were well thought out. Next year lets try for members on this side of the pond to attend the celebrations. CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO...looking forward to hearing about your adventure when you get back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:25 am

fudgemeister wrote:
WHAT IS THIS CRAP THAT WE WILL NOT BE GETTING REPORTS???????? TIME TO FIRE THE BOSS, DJG!!! HEY, DEEG, THAT OTHER SITE ALLOWS REPORTS, SCREW SUSAN'S PRIVACY!!!!! Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2 Twisted2

Well unless you have one of these quilty or if you need to kiss ptkissass then I guess we'll get no reports.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:34 am

I would like to wish our two members my very best wishes for a safe and enjoyable trip. I know you will both be excellent ambassadors for responsible fandom. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:13 am

jsm wrote:
I would like to wish our two members my very best wishes for a safe and enjoyable trip. I know you will both be excellent ambassadors for responsible fandom. cheers cheers

JSM...we're gonna steal that phrase from you...it's absolutely perfect!!!

"The DJGers...ambassadors for responsible fandom." Quick copyright that someone!!!!

(BTW...I agree...these two are excellent choices)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement referred to the 1st of April   Announcement referred to the 1st of April Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcement referred to the 1st of April
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next