xeno
skywriter
Admin
fudgemeister
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:08 pm

If they were really the caring people they claim to be they would AUCTION OFF the quilt and donate the monies to the Japanese Red Cross. After the auction is completed send Susan a card informing her of the gift to the Red Cross. After all...did Susan not say she didn't want gifts and that if people were so inclined they should give to a charity of their choice.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:29 pm

xjsarah wrote:
Based on previous observations EW, I don't think it's because of a lack of interest in such topics; far from it. As far as I can tell, for some people on SBFII it's more a case of: "This is a forum about Susan, so why are other unrelated topics being mentioned? I come here to talk about Susan, not about current affairs." In short, if a subject isn't related to Susan in some way, it's deemed to be inappropriate or not of interest.

Well, that's my take on it, anyway, for what it's worth. Smile

I think you are right. I have long thought that to be the case. People are hungry to get Susan news. We can see what happens when there is no Susan news...Shocked

I understand people that they feel that way. That is why there are other Susan forums to give those that like to speak about another topics can and still can enjoy EW for its Susan news and topic.
It is not one or the other for me. We can enjoy both if we are open to it. I do belong to four forums and finally had to cut back because of time. My reduced time is spent between two forums. As spring is approaching i will have less and less time and look for quality with the little time I have. Of course also my friends I have on various sites not to loose contact.
Back to top Go down
toplass

toplass

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:11 pm

I honestly don't get this need for Susan news. I really, really don't. I don't care what she is doing or where she's been, especially so in her private life. I don't see it's any else's business but her own. News about new releases and public appearances are fine but once I know - I know.

Going over the minutiae of her life is just bloody plain boring. It isn't even that she has a big back catalogue of work to discuss. I just don't understand the type of mind that feeds on all this Susan, Susan, Susan at all costs 24/7.

It's probably just me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Zaney

Zaney

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Toplass wrote:
I honestly don't get this need for Susan news. I really, really don't. I don't care what she is doing or where she's been, especially so in her private life. I don't see it's any else's business but her own. News about new releases and public appearances are fine but once I know - I know.

Going over the minutiae of her life is just bloody plain boring. It isn't even that she has a big back catalogue of work to discuss. I just don't understand the type of mind that feeds on all this Susan, Susan, Susan at all costs 24/7.

No no no TL, it's not just you! It's me too and I would be prepared to bet it's most of us on here!
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Toplass wrote:

Very good post. I agree we do not need to know the private live of celebrities or any other public person. It is intrusive.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:33 pm

feistyfilly wrote:
If they were really the caring people they claim to be they would AUCTION OFF the quilt and donate the monies to the Japanese Red Cross. After the auction is completed send Susan a card informing her of the gift to the Red Cross. After all...did Susan not say she didn't want gifts and that if people were so inclined they should give to a charity of their choice.

We need to explain to the loonies what 'charity' is, because I doubt they have any concept of it. Charity, my dear loonies, is where you give some of your money (or, more likely, your wealthy husband's money) to somebody who needs it, but they don't give you anything in return. Tricky one for you, I know! Oh, and the person you give the money to doesn't have to come and clean your house or anything like that to pay it back either! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://susahumor.com
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:46 pm

whisper wrote:
Toplass wrote:

Very good post. I agree we do not need to know the private live of celebrities or any other public person. It is intrusive.

Except Susan wrote about a particular part of her life in her book. She made her first 49years public. It is up to fans or other interested people to read the book or not. What she does day by day should be personal. When she is performing, that is public. BUT.... the problem in this technological age are the social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. It is a different world now, everyone seems to want to know everyone's business, (celebrity or not - and not just Susan) as it happens. Even local news shows often add at the end of a story, "follow us on Twitter". WHY? I have yet to join in this technology and need.

Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 pm

sucanfun wrote:
whisper wrote:
Toplass wrote:

Except Susan wrote about a particular part of her life in her book. She made her first 49years public. It is up to fans or other interested people to read the book or not. What she does day by day should be personal. When she is performing, that is public. BUT.... the problem in this technological age are the social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. It is a different world now, everyone seems to want to know everyone's business, (celebrity or not - and not just Susan) as it happens. Even local news shows often add at the end of a story, "follow us on Twitter". WHY? I have yet to join in this technology and need.

Good for you..Wink
clap clap clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Zaney wrote:
Toplass wrote:

No no no TL, it's not just you! It's me too and I would be prepared to bet it's most of us on here!

Make us three.

Anyone can google for news, and find very little of real news about Susan. Most news are private websites regurgitating old news and rumours again and again.

I'd rather wait for her CDs or a concert if she will grant us one; in the mean time I prefer talking about something else.

I compare it with chocolate, delicious a bar once a day or a week, but same for breakfast, lunch, merienda and dinner... Evil or Very Mad no please.

But hey there have to be diversity in this world, and if some prefer to talk or listen to Susan all day and be deaf to anything else, it's their life not mine. Popcorn Popcorn
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Admin wrote:
feistyfilly wrote:

We need to explain to the loonies what 'charity' is, because I doubt they have any concept of it. Charity, my dear loonies, is where you give some of your money (or, more likely, your wealthy husband's money) to somebody who needs it, but they don't give you anything in return. Tricky one for you, I know! Oh, and the person you give the money to doesn't have to come and clean your house or anything like that to pay it back either! Rolling Eyes

Here is some news today on the nuclear reactors in Japan that are not working right and some of the people in Japan are having to stay indoors to keep out of radiation. Anyone wanting to give can call 1-800--RED CROSS to help the people of Japan. Surely someone has some money to help them. This seems to be more important than someone giving a quilt to Susan who has so many now and loves for her fans to give to charities.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110315/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_earthquake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:02 pm

I am not obsessed with Susan herself. I was enchanted by her beautiful voice, and that is the news I want to hear: news of new releases, live performances, other musical events, anything related to Susan SINGING.

What? Oh? Yes. That's right. This is all supposed to be about enjoying Susan's singing.

Somehow, I think, that may have gotten lost in a pile of quilts and trinkets and red plastic....
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 pm

If anyone wants to give call 1-800-RED CROSS or 1-800-733-27677 (same phone number)and they have a specific line to give for Japan and the Pacific...... some US sailors have been exposed to radiation and was given iodine pills as well as some of the Japanese population. This has more priority than quilts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110315/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_earthquake

Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:27 pm

mdillow31 wrote:
If anyone wants to give call 1-800-RED CROSS or 1-800-733-27677 (same phone number)and they have a specific line to give for Japan and the Pacific...... some US sailors have been exposed to radiation and was given iodine pills as well as some of the Japanese population. This has more priority than quilts.

I agree, but once I have done what I can do (by donating) what else can I do? Every country has many organizations collecting for the Japan Earthquake relief. The main thing is to donate to a known agency and not to someone claiming to be collecting for Japan. I already gave to the Canadian Red Cross on line, but you can also text or send directly.

Canadians wishing to help support relief efforts underway are encouraged to contribute by:

* Donating online
*Calling 1-800-418-1111 (THIS is the same for the US and Canada)
* By texting the word ASIA to 30333 to make a one-time donation of $5*
* By contacting their local Red Cross office. Cheques should be made payable to the Canadian Red Cross, earmarked “Japan Earthquake/Asia-Pacific Tsunami” and mailed to the Canadian Red Cross National Office, 170 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 2P2.

* A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill. Standard messaging rates and additional fees may apply to donation texts. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. This service is available on most carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of theCanadian Red Crossby the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at www.mobilegiving.ca. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to 30333.

Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:37 pm

sucanfun wrote:
mdillow31 wrote:

I agree, but once I have done what I can do (by donating) what else can I do? Every country has many organizations collecting for the Japan Earthquake relief. The main thing is to donate to a known agency and not to someone claiming to be collecting for Japan. I already gave to the Canadian Red Cross on line, but you can also text or send directly.

Canadians wishing to help support relief efforts underway are encouraged to contribute by:

* Donating online
*Calling 1-800-418-1111 (THIS is the same for the US and Canada)
* By texting the word ASIA to 30333 to make a one-time donation of $5*
* By contacting their local Red Cross office. Cheques should be made payable to the Canadian Red Cross, earmarked “Japan Earthquake/Asia-Pacific Tsunami” and mailed to the Canadian Red Cross National Office, 170 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 2P2.

* A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill. Standard messaging rates and additional fees may apply to donation texts. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. This service is available on most carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of theCanadian Red Crossby the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at www.mobilegiving.ca. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to 30333.

Thanks Betty, I only had the one number for the Red Cross and there are so many other reputable ones too to give to Japan. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Toplass wrote:

Nope mate, it's not just you. Obsessing over the minutiae of her daily life is about as interesting to me as watching paint dry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

donaha wrote:
Speaking of lively discussions, when I have brought up a subject at ew that should have led to opinions and discussion, there was just dead silence. For instance, when the news broke about the tsnami(sp?) in Japan I voiced my concerns about nuclear power. No one responded. Another day on the daydream thread they were talking about Piers interviewing Charlie Sheen and I posted that he was mentally ill and the news people need to lay off. No one responded. When you have no pro and con discussions and have the same old "we appreciate you so much" and "excellent post" then you have a very boring forum.

donaha wrote:
Well, they did express concern for the people in Japan. I'm just saying I couldn't get them into a discussion about nuclear energy. When things are slow with no Susan information or performances, you'd think there could be interesting discussions on what's going on in the world...or LOL maybe I'm a bore.

One reason seems to be that anything remotely interesting, i.e., that might involve more than one opinion or idea or otherwise measurable brainwave activity, is deemed as "contentious" and gets shut down. I agree wholeheartedly with you, it would make for a very boring forum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:45 pm

I was thinking the other day, as you do, that I get so many death threats from the loonies that I might set up a web page to automate the process! They could then select from set lists to save time, like for 'method of death' they could select from things like 'shooting', 'drowning', etc., then they could select the type of gun from 'machine gun', 'shotgun', 'uzi', etc. Then maybe a list of rude words they want to call me. Loads of fun! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Admin wrote:
I was thinking the other day, as you do, that I get so many death threats from the loonies that I might set up a web page to automate the process! They could then select from set lists to save time, like for 'method of death' they could select from things like 'shooting', 'drowning', etc., then they could select the type of gun from 'machine gun', 'shotgun', 'uzi', etc. Then maybe a list of rude words they want to call me. Loads of fun! Rolling Eyes
One choice for your death might be " quilt suffocation"! choc choc choc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Admin wrote:

affraid affraid affraid DEATH THREATS????? affraid affraid affraid
(Is that considered bullying?????)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:05 pm

feistyfilly wrote:
Admin wrote:

affraid affraid affraid DEATH THREATS????? affraid affraid affraid
(Is that considered bullying?????)

Their staff don't seem to think so.
Back to top Go down
Lovin' Every Minute

Lovin' Every Minute

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm

One of the options could be "sarcasm"

Humor 101:
It would be an example of "irony" if The Boss were to be done in by "sarcasm" -
Back to top Go down
Zaney

Zaney

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Admin wrote:

"Death by blessings" perhaps? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Seriously, I do hope you're joking. If not we may have to form a Purple Protection Squad!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Zaney wrote:
Admin wrote:

Seriously, I do hope you're joking. If not we may have to form a Purple Protection Squad!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Zaney wrote:
Admin wrote:

Nope, no joke. They even joked about it in the staff private threads, so I can only assume the 'staff' there are aware of it and essentially sanction it. The loonies can believe what they like, but believe me, we're not the evil ones here.
Back to top Go down
Zaney

Zaney

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Admin wrote:
Zaney wrote:
Admin wrote:

Nope, no joke. They even joked about it in the staff private threads, so I can only assume the 'staff' there are aware of it and essentially sanction it. The loonies can believe what they like, but believe me, we're not the evil ones here.

I am genuinely shocked at this! What the **** is the matter with these people? No wonder you don't want anyone to know where you live.
Back to top Go down
whisper

whisper

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Zaney wrote:
Admin wrote:
Zaney wrote:
Admin wrote:

I am genuinely shocked at this! What the **** is the matter with these people? No wonder you don't want anyone to know where you live.

What makes these people think they can do that? Oh my dog..I am speechless. One does not even joke about stuff like that. I hope boss that you have made provisions in case something happens to you that you leave evidence with someone so these people all can be arrested. That is no joking matter wanting to kill a person.... affraid
Back to top Go down
BettyBoop

BettyBoop

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:37 pm

I am speechless too! I was ready to give most members the benefit of the doubt, but this is beyond anything normal people do. I hope you know who the people are who are making these threats and I hope you report them.
Back to top Go down
xeno

xeno

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Admin wrote:
Zaney wrote:
Admin wrote:

I certainly hope that you have sent the threats on to law enforcement, DJG. With all the nonsense and hysteria about the so-called cyber-bully, the real terrorists are people who think they have the right to threaten the lives of those they disagree with. If they knew that the police might be knocking on their doors, or even that their ISPs are being informed, they might think again before making threats.

At one time I received regular death threats because of a non-Susan related fan site I ran. Ironically, the demographic of that site paralleled SBFII: Mostly female, the vast majority middle-aged or older. Exactly the type of people who would be thought of as least likely to make anonymous threats. Unfortunately, many of these folks have hidden (or not-so-hidden) mental health issues, so they resort to bullying and violence when they think that they are doing it anonymously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:03 pm

There is absolutely no excuse for making death threats to anyone, still less over something as trivial as differing opinions among fans of a singer. I put this question out for those from SBFII who hold a grudge against DJG and/or his forum:

WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT ABOUT SUSAN BOYLE, HER FANDOM, AND/OR THE SBFII SITE THAT YOU WOULD FEEL THREATENED BY ANYONE WHO CRITIQUES THAT SITE AND/OR FORMS AN ALTERNATIVE SITE? WHAT IS AT STAKE THAT IS SO ALL-FIRED IMPORTANT THAT YOU THINK IT'S REASONABLE AND RATIONAL TO THREATEN A "DISSIDENT" WITH DEATH?

Just let it go, already. You don't own the internet, you don't have authority over DJG or anyone else other than your individual selves, and as Xeno and others above have pointed out, making death threats is a legally actionable offense. Do you really want to end up going to jail because you couldn't control your outbursts in petty fandom disputes?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:16 pm

I have no idea why they think I'm evil either. Anyway, just to show that we're not evil like they keep telling folks, we still do nice things like this:

https://susahumor.forumotion.com/t3121-susan-wearing-purple-as-a-child-colourised-photo

https://susahumor.forumotion.com/t3125-susan-on-beach-as-a-child-colourised

(Now Canadian Bill can rip these off and pretend he did them to get some more lovin' from the ladies! Had to get a dig in! Wink I'm really evil! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Zaney

Zaney

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Admin wrote:
I have no idea why they think I'm evil either. Anyway, just to show that we're not evil like they keep telling folks, we still do nice things like this:

https://susahumor.forumotion.com/t3121-susan-wearing-purple-as-a-child-colourised-photo

(Now Canadian Bill can rip these off and pretend he did them to get some more lovin' from the ladies! Had to get a dig in! Wink I'm really evil! Laughing )

I don't know why anyone thinks you're evil either. I've been around right from the beginning and I can't recall anything you've said or done that even came close to evil. Very strange indeed!
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Zaney wrote:
Admin wrote:

I don't know why anyone thinks you're evil either. I've been around right from the beginning and I can't recall anything you've said or done that even came close to evil. Very strange indeed!
C'mon Zaney, he put humor in a NON-HUMOR thread at ew!!! MAJOR FAUX PAS!!!! No No No No No No No No No No No Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Zaney

Zaney

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:03 pm

fudgemeister wrote:
Zaney wrote:
Admin wrote:

C'mon Zaney, he put humor in a NON-HUMOR thread at ew!!! MAJOR FAUX PAS!!!! No No No No No No No No No No No Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

AH! Silly me!
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Admin wrote:

I don't call anyone having fun and having a good sense of humor as being evil. These people giving death threats need to get a grip on theirself before they end up in jail. Threatening people is going too far. I am beginning to wonder about the mental status of people who do things like that. Giving death threats is crinimal behavior and anyone doing that can be prosecuted.
Back to top Go down
fudgemeister

fudgemeister

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 4:26 am

Interesting news from PickledTink today. They have collected $1200 and won't Susan's charity be happy about that! WHAT CHUTZPAH! The nerve of the woman! I am all for charity; but NOT when a member is still owed quite a lot over $3000! AND the loan was made 9 months ago!! Charity begins at home PT. Take care of the members who lovingly loaned money to buy the site. Where would YOU be without that money? Certainly NOT on that high horse of yours!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priorities at SBFII   Priorities at SBFII - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Priorities at SBFII
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next